Did Quentyn Succeed? [Spoilers]

Fearsome Fred

Maybe. But you assume more than you know about his character. Would he really ask his most trusted followers and closest associates to take risks he would not take himself?

Yes. He's the commander and he has his subordinates to carry out his orders for him.

Sure he did. But that is consistent with my theory. Viserion can still carry him off.

Why though? To eat him?

How? The only people who know him are in jail?

Simple: Missandei and Barristan both know he doesn't sound like a 60 year old man.

well, I think it's a highly unlikely theory. Not impossible, certainly, nothing is impossible in these books, and some of your points make sense (not that much, thhough). On the other hand, Quentyn is the only utterly dull Dornish we've met so far, no one likes him. Maybe not even a dragon would make him accepted by the people of Westeros as king. I think his brief participation had a purpose, no idea what that was (maybe show us that Doran did have a plan, however foolish it was, or maybe simply show us that not every potential character is succesful... and that life is absurd, not everything has a meaning, etc. I'm more interested in the effects this will have to Dorne's decision, because Doran seemed to put a lot of faith in his mission and the idea that Daenerys would honor something Viserys signed under different circumstances.

I can't believe people think Quentyn is not dead. He got roasted well done and crispy. as mormontsncrow would say : Dead! Dead dead dead.

Dany got burnt just a little but she obviously has some fire resistance. It is known.

She really, really, really doesn't. Not consistently anyway, beyond one freak incident. I wish people would stop propagating this. :(

Quentyn is definitely (OK, like 95% likely) dead though.

ManyFacedOne wrote

Yes. He's the commander and he has his subordinates to carry out his orders for him.

So that was some OTHER dwarf, and not Tyrion, who charged into battle at the Blackwater?

Simple: Missandei and Barristan both know he doesn't sound like a 60 year old man.

Your arguments are starting to sound desperate. Seriously, if his face has been burnt to the bone, then his throat and lungs have been scorches as well. I am sure he sounds WORSE than a 60 year old man.

Your arguments are starting to sound desperate.

Your entire defense for this topic is desperate. I'm sorry but Quentyn is surely dead.

EDIT:

She really, really, really doesn't. Not consistently anyway, beyond one freak incident. I wish people would stop propagating this. :(

It's hard to say. She gets furnace breath full in the face; she was described as being aflame, and she equates her moment on the pyre being the same as Daznak's pit--the fire burned her hair but she was unharmed. The only thing this time is that she had some pink skin and cracked hands. So either another magical event or she does have some fire resistance.

It's hard to say. She gets furnace breath full in the face; she was described as being aflame, and she equates her moment on the pyre being the same as Daznak's pit--the fire burned her hair but she was unharmed. The only thing this time is that she had some pink skin and cracked hands. So either another magical event or she does have some fire resistance.

Yes, I just went back to the chapter where it said that. So it's obvious she is not 100% resistant but to a good degree.

Martin himself has said that Dany had a one-time fire-resistant event, when she hatched the eggs, and it won't be repeated. Drogon wasn't actively trying to burn her in the pit, and she still lost her hair and had burns on her hands. If he wanted to he could have incinerated her.

Plenty of Targs have gone down because of fire and/or immense heat: Viserys, Duncan the Small, Aegon V, Aerion Brightflame, a lot of Targs in the Dance of the Dragons.

Martin himself has said that Dany had a one-time fire-resistant event, when she hatched the eggs, and it won't be repeated. Drogon wasn't actively trying to burn her in the pit, and she still lost her hair and had burns on her hands. If he wanted to he could have incinerated her.

Plenty of Targs have gone down because of fire and/or immense heat: Viserys, Duncan the Small, Aegon V, Aerion Brightflame, a lot of Targs in the Dance of the Dragons.

The problem I have with that is the fact that she had enough heat applied to burn her hair off and she is only worried about her hair and a few slight burns. Don't you think if she wasn't fire resistant that she would be in a lot more trouble? I'm merely going by what the books state.

When did martin make that statement about Dany? Before or after ADwD?

The problem I have with that is the fact that she had enough heat applied to burn her hair off and she is only worried about her hair and a few slight burns. Don't you think if she wasn't fire resistant that she would be in a lot more trouble? I'm merely going by what the books state.

When did martin make that statement about Dany? Before or after ADwD?

The obvious answer is that the heat was enough to singe her hair and burn her hands but not do other damage, because Drogon wasn't actively trying to burn her. That's kind of my point — he's not trying to incinerate her but he still burns off her hair and burns her hands. If he was actually trying to incinerate her he could have, easily.

It's one of the SSMs, I believe, you're welcome to hunt it up. Someone asked if Dany was immune to fire and he said NO, it was a one-time thing with the egg-hatching.

The obvious answer is that the heat was enough to singe her hair and burn her hands but not do other damage, because Drogon wasn't actively trying to burn her. That's kind of my point — he's not trying to incinerate her but he still burns off her hair and burns her hands. If he was actually trying to incinerate her he could have, easily.

Actually, he was trying to burn and kill her. She was lucky she was able to cow him with the whip, else she would have been dragon food.

It's one of the SSMs, I believe, you're welcome to hunt it up. Someone asked if Dany was immune to fire and he said NO, it was a one-time thing with the egg-hatching.

He never said it wouldn't happen again though.

If her hair was burnt off would not her scalp have been seriosly destroyed aswell? Sounds like there should be more then a burnt hand or two

LOL Don't remember if she did loose her hair again, so soon after the dragon hatching bonfire.

Does it actually say in ADWD that she lost her hair again?

I remember reading a rumour in Meereen that some people saw her hair burn, but I read it as a rumour, like the one that she was trampled or fell off Drogon.

ETA Ah ... found it. Yes, it's in ADWD Daenerys X. Poor Dany. Twice loosing that silver hair :bawl:

<The fire burned away my hair, but elsewise it did not touch me.>

LOL Don't remember if she did loose her hair again, so soon after the dragon hatching bonfire.

Does it actually say in ADWD that she lost her hair again?

I remember reading a rumour in Meereen that some people saw her hair burn, but I read it as a rumour, like the one that she was trampled or fell off Drogon.

I dont either but im going on whats said above and if Drogon did breath any little bit of fire on her her hair would go up in flames pretty easily!!It grows back more silvery then ever though!

FanTasy wrote:

Barristan's thoughts: "Her hair was afire. I saw that too. She was burning ... and if I did not see her fall, hundreds swear they did."

Archived