Choose Your Cast

Johnny The Longshanks

Maggie Smith is too young... but she may do the trick !!!!

Tom Hardy is an excellent choice and definitly as a Tyrell, yes !

By the way, I've posted the link of this topic to the HBO official forum about Game of Thrones, hope it will be noticed !

Asha Greyjoy played in my head by Hope Solo

I totally see Hope Solo when I read the Asha sections too!!!! She was the first person I thought of before I opened this thread. Great minds...

Also:

Vargo Hothe: The guy who plays Vizzini in the Princess Bride. Whenever I read his sections I keep waiting for him to say "Inconceivable!"

The Queen of Thornes: Angela Lansbury or Dame Judi Dench. Either one would be awesome.

Tom Felton as Ageon VI

When I rethink about it, actually, Maggie Smith would be a perfect Olenna.

Ethan Hawke as a Lannister.

Bill Nighy as Connington.

Ralph Fiennes as Roose Bolton.

Jason Isaacs as Thoros of Myr.

I pictured Jason Isaacs more for the "Mad King" Aerys (but that may be more because of the image from the Harry Potter films)

Martin Csokas = would make an excellent Daario Naharis

Kevin Durand = originally had him pictured as Areo Hotah, but he has the talent and range to make a very interesting Vargo Hoat

My friend has just disagreed with the whole Cillian Murphy for Ramsey suggestion (although it goes with the whole the Boltons are Irish thing - for the casting of the HBO series that is), saying that he's imagined him as Benedict Cumberbatch.

Noo, I dont see Cumberbatch at all there !!

I'd picture him more as an Iron Born (the Reader maybe).

Marton Csokas as Daario is interesting !

But I agree totally for Kevin Durand as Vargo !

My friend has just disagreed with the whole Cillian Murphy for Ramsey suggestion (although it goes with the whole the Boltons are Irish thing - for the casting of the HBO series that is), saying that he's imagined him as Benedict Cumberbatch.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

not benedict cumberbatch i couldn't take it srsly i couldn't

I've seen Liam Cunnigham recently, in The Guard, and it proved me that the man is still not that old and still dynamic

Stephen Dillane too is 54 years old where Stannis is barely 35.

For me too, he's fine !!!

My only problem with season 2 casting is for Asha (Yora)... well, who knows... she can do good !!

And it sucks there are no Aeron, Edmure, Blackfish, Jojen, Meera, Ramsay, Reek...

And one final thought - which should possibly be in another topic called 'people who should not be cast', so forgive me for going off topic - before they cast actors for season 2 I was watching a UK chat show and they had Patsy Palmer on (Bianca out of Eastenders, who's catchphrase is 'Rickkkkayyyy', whenever she's scolding her husband), and she was talking about how she might not be coming back to the show as she'd just auditioned for a popular American show (I think she'd mentioned HBO, but I might have just drempt that bit), which made me automatically think (due to her age and hair colour), she was going for Melisandre...

Thank goodness she didn't get it, as I would not have been able to take her seriously, ala ... " the night is dark and full of terrors... Rickkkkayyy...'

Sorry, I've probably alienated all non-UK posters... but I thought it was funny...

I've seen Liam Cunnigham recently, in The Guard, and it proved me that the man is still not that old and still dynamic

Stephen Dillane too is 54 years old where Stannis is barely 35.

Yea u got me there.still the guy who's gonna play Stannis looks exactly how i pictured him to be,not completely bald but balding,same voice same expression,cant wait for grinding teeth...

Also Stannis is supposed to look like an older man,especially after Mel is done with him ;)

I guess davos was just so different in my mind that im kinda biased towards the actor...when i saw the dude first i thought it was that greatjon guy for a second...

Well i will hold my opinions till i see his performance,if his personality is 100% Davos the np:)

Bill Nighy as Connington.

Ralph Fiennes as Roose Bolton.

Not sure if Bill Nighy can pull off the rough ex-mercenary persona of Connington. I think he'd be more suited for someone like Archmaester Marwyn at the Citadel

Ralph Fiennes as Roose Bolton is EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!........will also take Christopher Eccleston as a backup

Excellent idea for Nighy as Marwyn... or Nighy as the Reader... anyway, we need him in the show, he's one of the greatest actors of all times !!!

Ralph Fiennes as Roose came to me as a flash and I was like "why the fuck on earth didnt I think about that before ?"

But for me, until now, the best ideas that came out of this topic is Mads Mikkelsen as Euron.

http://static1.purepeople.com/articles/4/55/91/4/@/409922-mads-mikkelsen-637x0-3.jpg

Cillian Murphy as Ramsay Snow.

http://imstars.aufeminin.com/stars/fan/cillian-murphy/cillian-murphy-20070704-279345.jpg

Karl Urban as Victarion.

http://www.humina.com/kurban/karl-promo1.jpg

Both Fiennes and Eccleston have that

"I'm going to smile at you and make you feel at ease, meanwhile I'm imagining all the horrible things I'm planning to do to you"

look in their faces that makes them the ultimate Bolton choices

Archived