Possible changes and new scenes added for the second season.

julandro

I've been looking for a post similar to my question, but I could not find it.

Hello mates, I would speculate on possible new scenes from the writers of the series. In the first season there were many doubts and little discussions about the conversation between Robert and Cersei, -I liked- In this second season, I will like to know how the possible new scenes. What will change or invent? ;)

.1) Well they seem to be adding a lot to Qarth. More political, more action packed, etc.

.2) Im also sure that they are building Robb up as one of the main characters so look for a lot of scenes with him. Maybe he will even be in a few battles.

3.) Stannis will get a few extra monologues as well Im sure

We will be seeing a lot more of Robb this season. We will see more of his skirmishes throughout the Riverlands. D&D and the actors have stated that there is a lot more battle scenes than in season 1, so some new fights will be integrated into the story, which I'm really looking forward to.

I also read a few weeks ago that a character who doesn't die in the novel(s) would be killed off this season. Sounds interesting to see who that will be.

I'm actually hoping that Dany's saving of the Unsullied will be the season two finale. They could merge quarth with slaver's bay and have a slaver's faction in the city. It would give Dany and Drogon something to do after the set-up of the first season finale. Plus I heard they were going to have more action in Quarth... It's a big change, I know. Maybe too big for what you were expeciting in this thread? :dunno:

- I think there will be a LOT of added Robb scenes that wasn't in the book. There is especially going to be more Robb/Jeyne than there was in the books, as well.

- There will probably also be more Tywin and Cersei scenes. Tywin because of the war and Cersei because she is not yet a POV character in ACoK, so they will have to add some scenes like they did in season 1.

- I also suspect some Renly, Margaery, and Loras stuff that is not in the books.

I don't think they will make any major changes, but alter the storyline a little bit too make it a more suitable and watchable transition to a tv show. We will definitely see more of some of the characters we don't get much perspective of in ACoK. I personally, wouldn't mind an added scene(just one) with Asha because I enjoy her quite a bit.

I really REALLY wanted to see some Blackfish, and some dramatic irony from the presence of "Reek" or "the squire Arstan Whitebeard." But we may never get the Tullys. Sadly.

At least we've gotten Roose Bolton cast; it may be that "Reek" is cast, but hasn't been announced for the sake of the uninitiated. Unlikely, in how transparent the show winds up with production and casting "secrets."

It does look like we get more Robb; we know that most of his scenes occur in one camp with Michelle Fairley and Robert Madden (and also Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, to correct his being *entirely* absent for most of ACoK). Sad, though finding a good Riverrun location, or building a whole new interior set would've bankrupted the producers, considering that this is still just TV.

....In case you couldn't tell, I really needs my Badassfish.

Here is a list of the rumored changes for S2.

Wow I don't want to be called a "book snob" but i will be so sad if these changes are true. Ramsay, though a disgusting and awful creature who deserves a hellish death, is just way too epic a character to leave out. He may not have THAT many scenes in CLASH, but not giving him the chance to fake Bran/Rickons deaths and sack Winterfell will leave out a lot of foreshadowing. All that stuff sets up Ramsay and all the Bolton men as becoming some of the biggest villains in the serious... When the Boltons killed the northmen and then the Iron Men i was really blown away. When I reread the series I realized just how this foreshadows the red wedding when Ramsay yells "save the Freys, put the others to the sword." You can see the Frey/Bolton alliance building and Roose's role in the Red Wedding coming out.

No Reeds is also pretty terrible to me. Bran does very little in Clash at all except for hanging out with the Reeds. He also meets with Wyman Manderly, Lady Hornwood, the Umber Brothers, and we know they won't be cast either. We also don't have big or little walder... So what is Bran going to be doing until Theon shows up?

Once again, I don't want to be a considered a book snob and i'm sure it will still be good, but the sack of winterfell was probably the scene i was looking forward to the most other than the battle of the blackwater.

When the Boltons killed the northmen and then the Iron Men i was really blown away.

I'm sure there still will be a Sack. Either in S2 (as expected) or in S3. I'm sure the Boltons will be responsible for it. Whether it is Roose, Ramsay (if in S3) or some undeterminate Bolton leading it is unclear. We are going to see a lot of Roose in S2 anyhow, so there will be some hints of what is to come.

Bran wouldn't have a lot to do, like in S1. Probably a couple of dreams, meeting the returning Rodrik and interacting with Osha (they are unlikely to ignore her) and Luwin.

Wow I don't want to be called a "book snob" but i will be so sad if these changes are true. Ramsay, though a disgusting and awful creature who deserves a hellish death, is just way too epic a character to leave out. He may not have THAT many scenes in CLASH, but not giving him the chance to fake Bran/Rickons deaths and sack Winterfell will leave out a lot of foreshadowing. All that stuff sets up Ramsay and all the Bolton men as becoming some of the biggest villains in the serious... When the Boltons killed the northmen and then the Iron Men i was really blown away. When I reread the series I realized just how this foreshadows the red wedding when Ramsay yells "save the Freys, put the others to the sword." You can see the Frey/Bolton alliance building and Roose's role in the Red Wedding coming out.

This.

What the actual fuck? They're missing out on bringing one of the most reviled villains of modern literature to life. I'm so disappointed. :(

Really. I never knew he was one of the most reviled villians of modern literature. :)

One shouldn't mock the Kingslayer's overly dramatic attempts to raise Ramsay Bolton awareness. People have found themselves in a lot of trouble that way. :(

But yeah... If done right, I'm sure he could be a complete monster of epic proportions in the HBO adaption. Of all the characters to cut, I never thought the Bastard of Bolton would eat the axe.

THIS MAY BE A BIT SPOILERY. I am not sure just to be safe.

That list is just rumored, right? I am hoping some things are not true and maybe they are but the show plans to push back those storylines a little. I think they are saving Ramsay for a big surprise, maybe for like the very end of the season. Ramsay is a HUGE villain and extremely important to Theon's storyline. I don't understand cutting Riverrun, though. Wasn't that like a huge victory for Robb? If they are going to add more Robb, which I am sure they are, wouldn't that be important to show how well he was doing in battle?

Well, I don't think they will cut Ramsay entirely, but it's likely that they will leave him for a later season. The sack of Winterfell can be lead by someone else send by the Boltons. Ramsay is too important to be cut, but most of his scenes are from ADWD.

I don't think the Reeds will be in this season either, but they could introduce them in the next, they could meet Bran in the road after he has scaped. However, I'm not sure what role they would have. I mean, they could choose to portray Osha as more related to magic, filling the roles of the siblings, or they could opt to have only Jojen or only Meera. They will need to introduce someone else though, cause otherwise Rickon would never reach Skaagos, and that would eventually end up changing Davos plotline too.

Well, I don't think they will cut Ramsay entirely, but it's likely that they will leave him for a later season. The sack of Winterfell can be lead by someone else send by the Boltons. Ramsay is too important to be cut, but most of his scenes are from ADWD.

I don't think the Reeds will be in this season either, but they could introduce them in the next, they could meet Bran in the road after he has scaped. However, I'm not sure what role they would have. I mean, they could choose to portray Osha as more related to magic, filling the roles of the siblings, or they could opt to have only Jojen or only Meera. They will need to introduce someone else though, cause otherwise Rickon would never reach Skaagos, and that would eventually end up changing Davos plotline too.

You know the whole problem with the whole "they will be introduced later attitude" is that there are so many characters in this series that each season its going to stock pile. For season 3 you have to bring in Mance Rayder- must be a big name, Tormund Giantsbane, Magnar of Thenn, Val, Dalla, Prince Oberyn, Ellaria Sand, Mace Tyrell, Olenna Tyrell, Qyburn, Vargo Hoat, any other blood mummers they choose, Daario, Brown Ben Plum, Missandei, Lysa Tully must return after a season hiatus, and I am sure there are more... Plus one would think they'd HAVE to finally add Edmure, considering his role in the RW.

So any time you push character back a season, its dangerous because there will always be more to add.

Archived