Saddest moment in the books.

Lions-and-Roses

Something sad I can see happening is Arya getting decapitated and Jon either see's it happen or finds her like that.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/98252-the-three-heads-my-personal-depressing-crackpot-theory/

Another outcome I could see happen for Jon and Arya is that during Jon's coronation (let's not get into the King Jon debate) Jon sees a suspiciously familiar girl watching him but before he could identify her she disappears. I would find it really sad if Jon couldn't recognize we after everything she has been through especially if she gets that close to him.

Ygritte's death and Jon being there and checking wether it was his arrow - their romance was doomed from the beginning, but still :crying:

Arya being so close to her family and then the RW

Sansa rebuilding WF and thinking that she does not belong in a perfect world

Aemons death

Catelyn's last moments

His regency would be a short one, he reflected as the wax softened. The new king would choose his own Hand. Ned would be free to go home. The thought of Winterfell brought a wan smile to his face. He wanted to hear Bran’s laughter once more, to go hawking with Robb, to watch Rickon at play. He wanted to drift off to a dreamless sleep in his own bed with his arms wrapped tight around his lady, Catelyn

This was a sad one during the reread.

• 1 year later...

Mine would be when Robb said good bye to Bran (he was marching south to save ned) and he was saying how scared he was, and how he wished ned was there. for me, this was one of the last times Robb was just a 15 year old boy, not some great lord going to war

Rhaenys was a child too. Prince Rhaegar's daughter. A precious little thing, younger than your girls. She had a small black kitten she called Balerion, did you know? I always wondered what happened to him. Rhaenys liked to pretend he was the true Balerion, the Black Dread of old, but I imagine the Lannisters taught her the difference between a kitten and a dragon quick enough, the day they broke down her door. (Eddard XV)

Ser Amory was almost as bestial with Rhaenys. I asked him afterward why it had required half a hundred thrusts to kill a girl of . . . two? Three? He said she'd kicked him and would not stop screaming. (Tyrion VI)

He found her hiding under her father's bed, as if she believed Rhaegar could still protect her. (Tyrion VI)

:crying: :crying: :crying:

Archived