NFL: Super Bowl Edition

Mya Stone

Shiny new thread.

I'm concerned about Gronk. I know he's a tough mofo and was most likely genetically engineered in a factory in Russia...but I don't want him hurting his ankle even more, compromising him for next season. I know it's crazy, I'm just having flashbacks to Curt Schilling's Frankensteined ankle.

The other local team versus the hated divisional rival. Life's never easy for a Jets fan. But just like 2007 I gotta root for the Giants because fuck the Pats, that's why.

Shiny new thread.

I'm concerned about Gronk. I know he's a tough mofo and was most likely genetically engineered in a factory in Russia...but I don't want him hurting his ankle even more, compromising him for next season. I know it's crazy, I'm just having flashbacks to Curt Schilling's Frankensteined ankle.

Don't worry about his ankle - they will shoot him up with something and then in the offseason Hoodie will go back in time & steal Barry Sanders ankles from 1990.

Isn't the undefeated Miami team the greatest?

Heck, no. They were lucky to run the table in a weak year in an era with less teams and less games. I can think of 15-20 Superbowl champs (and even a few non-champs like the 2007 Patriots) which were far more dominant teams.

Let's have Kalbear talk more about Pittsburgh. I was loving his eloquence.

Maybe it has been reading these threads this year, but my hatred of Tom Brady has slowly vanished. Two years ago I would have rather chocked then even compliment him. Now I find I have no hatred for him, and instead a growing respect.

For all the Ravens and 49ers fans sorry your teams' seasons had to end like that.

They are having a Super Bowl this year? I'm assuming this is some sort of precursor to the 26th Anniversary Celebration of the Bears Super Bowl XX victory, which, if local media is to be trusted, was the last Super Bowl ever played.

BTW, how much does Bernard Pollard hate New England? It's like a Patriot player ran over his mom when he was a kid or something. He keeps bouncing around the league injuring a different Patriot player at each stop. Knocks Brady out for the year while on the Chiefs, knocks Gronk out of the AFC championship game as a Raven, and was on the Texans team that knocked Wes Welker out prior to the playoffs two years ago. Sure he didn't do it himself but you can't convince me he didn't use some kind of Voodoo doll or at least commission the hit.

He's like a more violent version of the bride from Kill Bill.

Maybe it has been reading these threads this year, but my hatred of Tom Brady has slowly vanished. Two years ago I would have rather chocked then even compliment him. Now I find I have no hatred for him, and instead a growing respect.

I hate to admit this, but I find myself agreeing with you. The bit yesterday where he told Jim Nantz that "he sucked pretty bad today" was rather endearing. I still have trouble rooting for that team, but my Brady hatred is fading fast.

I went 0-2 this week, but Lee Evans, Billy Cundiff and Kyle Williams. Anyone who's crowing about their picks this week is a delusional idiot.

I've got the Giants in the Superbowl. I have to believe that defense will be the difference.

Or tribute to Moore for making a great play on Evans. Or put it on the SF offense for going, what, 1-13 on 3rd down?

Might be the NY defense will make the difference, but NE just uglied their way to a win this week and their defense has been improving. Would have loved to have seen SF-NE to get the Montana v. Brady exchanges, but this should be a good one.

Says the guy who went 0-2.

The better coaches and better quarterbacks won. It wasn't rocket science.

I doubt that history will prove Coughlin to be a better coach than Harbaugh. Do you think he's better than Belicheck seeing as how he beat him the last time they met this season and back in the Superbowl?

Luck counts. Both winners this week have lucky stars to thank.

Or tribute to Moore for making a great play on Evans. Or put it on the SF offense for going, what, 1-13 on 3rd down?

Oh yeah, outside of the 2 Davis TDs, the Niners offense did little or nothing to win that game. That being said, a goat is a goat and I believe those 3 guys qualify.

I do give credit to the NE DB for the strip, but you have to hold onto/secure the ball. I'm more inclined to blame the reciever than praise the DB in that particular instance.

It's a day later and my heart's still broken. I'm trying not to give in to that tendency to label the most recent thing as the best/worst thing ever, but I don't think there has been a more killer loss in my adult sports fan life. The stakes of the game plus the game-ending missed FG from 32 yards, right after the dropped/stripped pass that would have been the game-winning TD... ouch.

When I was younger, I'd say there was UMd vs. Duke in the 2001 Final Four, and then the Jeffrey Maier game, but both of those were officiating screwjobs, and they didn't have that last-second dagger nature.

Archived