Post Dolorous Edd quotes

love Edd! i dont remember if it was mentioned by why is he at the wall? forced to go or did he choose to?

House Tollett are from the vale and Bannermen to the Royces. I'm not sure Ed's part of the main Tollett family or the reason why he's at the wall.

"The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'"

"Once they figure a way to work a dead horse, we'll be next. Likely I'll be the first too. 'Edd,' they'll say, 'dying's no excuse for laying down no more, so get on up and take this spear, you've got first watch tonight.' Well, I shouldn't be so gloomy. Might be I'll die before they work it out."

This second one of Edd's that you have quoted is my ABSOLUTE FAV of his. Edd, the closest I've ever seen him to cheery or optimistic. I LOVE IT!! Might be he'll die before they work it out. :lmao:

• 4 weeks later...

If someone had the real quote that'd be awesome but it was about him enjoying a cup of warm horse blood with a bit of cinnamon in it

It cannot go on. Settling them on the Gift, thats well and good, but it is too late to plant crops. Well be down to turnips and pease porridge before the year is out. After that well be drinking the blood of our own horses.

Yum, declared Dolorous Edd. Nothing beats a hot cup of horse blood on a cold night. I like mine with a pinch of cinnamon sprinkled on top.

Dolorous Edd said, Now I understand why King Stannis let the wildlings through the Wall. He means for us to eat them.

Jon had to smile. It will not come to that.

Oh, good, said Edd. They look a stringy lot, and my teeth are not as sharp as when I was younger.

And some more:

Jon watched him mop up a runny yolk with a chunk of bread. It was strangely comforting to see Edds dour face again. How goes the restoration work? he asked his old steward.

Ten more years should do it, Tollett replied in his usual gloomy tone. Place was overrun with rats when we moved in. The spearwives killed the nasty buggers. Now the place is overrun with spearwives. Theres days I want the rats back.

And winter almost on us. Its unnatural, mlord. A bad sign, you ask me.

Jon smiled. And if it were to snow?

A worse sign.

What sort of weather would you prefer?

The sort they keep indoors, said Dolorous Edd. If it please mlord, I should get back to my mules. They miss me when Im gone. More than I can say for them spearwives.

• 1 year later...

Archived