who will be the "Regent" in the iron throne

Itai Peer

After Kevan death, who will serve as the Regent - which is basicly the king?

Mace is the hand , but he is not blood related to the child-king.

Let say that Cersei is still over overwhelmed and Jamie is missing and Tyrion is out of the game for now.

Ironicly - the closest leaving relatives are Stanis - but only if Stanis agrees that Tommen is Robert son ..

So who will be the Regard now ?

The Tyrells has a lot of power , ( now they are the majority in the council ) but I don't think they can apoint Mace or Margaery as the Regard

I think the Tyrells and Lannisters are going to leave Kingslanding to fight Aegon. All of Dorne will help Aegon because he is the son of Elia Martell.

I think Cersei will resume her regency after her uncles death, but i really think she has changed. Someone should have stripped her and shaved her bald a long time ago. Mace Tyrell might assign a acting hand of the king. But i doubt any of that will matter because Varys's plan is coming together perfectly.

who is Tyrek Lannister ? speaking of which , assuming Jamie, cersei and Tyrion are "out" and Lancel also since he sworn to the temple, who is the head of the Lanisters?

Tyrek was one of the people who got lost in the riots of kinglanding in A Clash of Kings

Does the regent have to be blood-related to the king?

Anyway, Cersei is out of the game, no one would respect her as queen regent after the scandal and punishment. I would put my bets on Mace Tyrell, that's the opportunity he's been waiting for. And, by marriage, he actually is related to the Lannisters. If not Lord Tyrell, then Margaery.

Actually I disagree. Scandals grow old fast, and are forgotten when the next scandal takes place.Cersei will certainly try to get the regency back but I think Mace Tyrell will win the fight for regency, for Margaery. Margaery is old enough to claim the regency for her husband.

Does the regent have to be blood-related to the king?

Anyway, Cersei is out of the game, no one would respect her as queen regent after the scandal and punishment. I would put my bets on Mace Tyrell, that's the opportunity he's been waiting for. And, by marriage, he actually is related to the Lannisters. If not Lord Tyrell, then Margaery.

:agree:

Mace Tyrell would be my guess as well. Margaery's got a pretty firm grip over Tommen, so a Tyrell rule (under Tommen as king of course) seems most likely. But I don't think we've seen the last of Olenna Redwyne yet, so perhaps she'll have a hand in there somewhere, a seat in the small counsel, mayhaps?

Cersei isn't done yet however, she has Robert Strong...at least I think so, since I can't recall who Qubyrn is really loyal to. To Cersei? Or the one who holds the power, though I recall him begin rather loyal to her.

Varys also said in ADWD: "...but you were threatening to undo all the queens good work, to reconcile Highgarden and Casterly Rock, bind the Faith to your little king, unite the Seven Kingdoms under Tommen's rule.So..."

This may indicate that he wants Cersei as regent until Aegon conquers the throne.

There are very few people Cersei would be willing to defer that power to... her father, her uncle and maybe... just maybe Jaime. She won't give it up unless forced to either by force of arms or obvious political necessity.

So I suspect Cersei will be Queen Regent, scandal not withstanding. I also suspect she will use her position and Robert Strong to continue her power struggle with the Faith and the High Septon. That will be her undoing and possible the undoing of her family rule in King's Landing.

If the Tyrells are smart... and the Queen of Thorns is very smart... they'll let Cersei muck it up and then make a play for it to be Margery or Mace until Tommen comes of age. But again, I don't think it gets that far with Aegon looming in the background.

I'm just excited to watch Cersei's fall from grace... I hope she makes it back to the top so her fall is that much longer...

After Kevan death, who will serve as the Regent - which is basicly the king?

Mace is the hand , but he is not blood related to the child-king.

Let say that Cersei is still over overwhelmed and Jamie is missing and Tyrion is out of the game for now.

Ironicly - the closest leaving relatives are Stanis - but only if Stanis agrees that Tommen is Robert son ..

So who will be the Regard now ?

The Tyrells has a lot of power , ( now they are the majority in the council ) but I don't think they can apoint Mace or Margaery as the Regard

Is a Regent even necessary? I always thought that that function was colluding with the Hand's duties. Most likely Daven or an Estermont

who is Tyrek Lannister ? speaking of which , assuming Jamie, cersei and Tyrion are "out" and Lancel also since he sworn to the temple, who is the head of the Lanisters?

next in line to casterly rock, once cercei self destructs, would in fact be Martyn Lannister as the third son to Kevan. after that would come Tyrek Lannister as the first son of Tyget, if we don't count Kevans two year old daughter.

as things stand that is...

(i edited afterward to correct my inaccuracies)

I think Cersei will resume her regency after her uncles death, but i really think she has changed. Someone should have stripped her and shaved her bald a long time ago. Mace Tyrell might assign a acting hand of the king. But i doubt any of that will matter because Varys's plan is coming together perfectly.

I don't trust this for an instant. I hardly think she's changed; she's playing the game of thrones. She'll be meek when she has to be, but I guarantee you she's plotting and scheming something in that crazy brain of hers. Number one on her priority list is to flush out the Tyrells, but she hardly has anyone in the way of Lannisters to replace them.

next in line to casterly rock, once cercei self destructs, would in fact be Martyn Lannister as the third son to Kevan. after that would come Tyrek Lannister as the first son of Tyget, if we don't count Kevans two year old daughter.

With Tywin and Kevan dead, Cersei possibly facing execution, Tyrion attainted and Jaime in the Kingsguard, Casterly Rock and the new head-of-family would be Lancel. They'd just have to make a decision as to whether Lancel and Gatehouse Ami would continue to hold Darry (to which Ami has a family claim) or if they'll pass it to another family member.

Regarding the regency, I think Mace will assume that role and Tarly will be promoted to Hand of the King. Perfect position for a future betrayal on his part ...

Archived