**Spoiler Alert** What To Do About Joffrey?

Lady Eireanne Stark

Hey guys,

Firstly I'm new here but am loving everyone's posts' and it's so great to see everyone else's point of view on what is fast becomming my favourite series of books!

Okay so stop reading now if you haven't finished this book as it contains a major spoiler!

Anyone else shout with joy when Joffrey died? i know I did, I HATED HIM! and I could see that he would have been a terrible terrible leader when he was finally able to make all the descisions himself!!

I was sad that Tyrion got blamed but he made so many enemies that it wasn't really suprising, for someone so clever he sure is stupid sometimes haha!

Oh and on a side note, who thinks Jamie is actually just a wimp? I also can't feel sorry for him for losing his hand because everytime i try I think of what he did to poor Bran who was a defensless child!

Okay thanks for reading and my apologies for any spelling/grammar mistakes :)

More of an astonishment for me. Of course I hated Joff, but my thoughts was more inclined to the series losing vital characters one after another. I thought that Joff was a necessary evil to the story, to add more color and emotion.

But then again, I was wrong to worry about it. ASOIAF has loads of ammo to make up for these losses.

I felt slightly bad for him...but only slightly. Once I got over the fact that he was reaching out for help as he died, I had an evil grin on my face the rest of the day. I just loved what GRRM said about Joff dying. He was talking about how hard it was for him to write about the Red Wedding, then went on to say "There's another wedding after that where someone else dies. That was easy and fun to write... because everyone wanted to see that little shit die"! That cracked me up! I'm pretty sure Joff's dear mommy was the only one who was truly sorry to see him go. I certainly wasn't!

I have to say all the debates over characters in the general forum, someone always likes and defends a character, no one does for Joff. Also I know a lot of people who have only watched the show who know I have read all of the books. That is one thing I always get asked, "does that little shit die"? It is so hard not to tell them, and I can't believe they hate him so much in season one. Well yes I can believe it.

I might have cheered a little. But I wish a Stark could have killed him in combat, and for him to have died knowing he wasn't the truthful king, and for Tyrion not to have gotten blamed.

But still... :thumbsup:

that's true but at the same time i was happy he died in so much fear... he suffered, like so many others that he had killed!!

that's true but at the same time i was happy he died in so much fear... he suffered, like so many others that he had killed!!

Yeah, you're right but...in doing so he pointed at Tyrion, giving Cersei another excuse to go mental at him. Poor guy.

• 2 weeks later...

I was jumping up and down on my seat when he died lol. He is a character I've hated from the start. I would have preferred that he died by the sword by say, someone like Arya or Robb but still, I'm glad he's dead. I found it disturbing that Cersei and Jaime had sex in the same room as their son's corpse. :ack:

Yes I was also disgusted that they had sex by Joffrey's corpse and also in such a public place!! They are gross... incest is, well, yuck! But I find I am growing to like Jaime more and more and I always love to hate Cersei :leer:

Hi im also new here and im almost finished reading aSoS.

I was also verry exited to see Joff die but the manner in wich he did could be a little different if you ask me (why not let him stumble and fall with his head on a spike heheh)

Also the fact that Tyrion takes the blame and the injustice that is done to him diminishes the joy of his death a bit but hey you'll never know what events that might trigger right?

In the end Westeros is free of a little tyrant and one step closer to restoring the pease although there have to die several more characters to achieve that (Kill Tywin and Carsei)

Unfortunately someone on this forum ruined it for me. I thought it was safe to click on a post that was specifically about how spoilers were ruining things for people. Apparently people didn't get the hint, because some ass gave no warning before going into detail about how Joffrey died and how Littlefinger was responsible. Absurd.

Likewise, in a blog post about the HBO show, some ass posted a spoiler about what would happen to Robb. It was a blog post about when S2 would air, it was clearly intended for fans of the show who were not reading along, and this person just came along and casually dropped details on every major plot development in the next two books.

Part of it's my fault for looking at anything GoT-related. But then again, all I did was google to find out when S2 was airing. The person who posted the spoilers knew exactly what they were doing and justified it by saying they had "earned that right" as a long-time fan of the book.

In any case, the surprise was ruined. It was still a sweet scene, but tempered by the aftermath with Cersei accusing Tyrion.

And anyway...I thought the pie was poisoned, not the wine. My first guess was that someone was trying to poison Tyrion, and who would have guessed Joff would come over and start shoveling Tyrion's pie into his mouth?

Unfortunately someone on this forum ruined it for me. I thought it was safe to click on a post that was specifically about how spoilers were ruining things for people. Apparently people didn't get the hint, because some ass gave no warning before going into detail about how Joffrey died and how Littlefinger was responsible. Absurd.

Likewise, in a blog post about the HBO show, some ass posted a spoiler about what would happen to Robb. It was a blog post about when S2 would air, it was clearly intended for fans of the show who were not reading along, and this person just came along and casually dropped details on every major plot development in the next two books.

Part of it's my fault for looking at anything GoT-related. But then again, all I did was google to find out when S2 was airing. The person who posted the spoilers knew exactly what they were doing and justified it by saying they had "earned that right" as a long-time fan of the book.

In any case, the surprise was ruined. It was still a sweet scene, but tempered by the aftermath with Cersei accusing Tyrion.

And anyway...I thought the pie was poisoned, not the wine. My first guess was that someone was trying to poison Tyrion, and who would have guessed Joff would come over and start shoveling Tyrion's pie into his mouth?

Yeah, that theory crossed my mind aswell. I think I stated it somewhere else: perhaps Cersei wanted to poison Tyrion but accidentally poisoned her son?

That's one theory, the other one is ofcourse the Littlefinger/Tyrell plot which seems more acceptable.

Archived