**Spoiler Alert** What To Do About Joffrey?

Lady Eireanne Stark

I couldn't believe he died....I knew before starting ASOS that he dies at some point but I thought it was a tease and that they would clear his airway....to say I was happy is an understatement....I hated him so much and after the dread of the red wedding...this was teriffic

Same, I had the Joffrey bit spoiled but it still came as a bit of a shock when it happened!

Thing is, it was a little bit close to home. A few months back I was at a restaurant with my girlfriend and her family when her baby niece started choking on the food she was being fed. Just like the book, everyone was manic, screaming advice (including a waiter), the kid's mum was crying her eyes out. Thankfully my girlfriend and the waiter managed to dislodge it. So as I was reading that scene, I could very vividly put myself in that room with everyone else, picturing it, seeing Mace Tyrell shouting "slap him on the back!" just like my girlfriend's dad was doing to his daughter.

Eugh, still get chills thinking about it. For that reason, I had the tiniest bit of sympathy for Joffrey and Cersei :frown5: Sure he was a bit of a dick and probably had it coming, I just know personally of a very similar experience that had us all mortified.

• 3 months later...

I was extremely pleased as well, though I do wish he died from his own mistake rather than someone's political ambitions.

It was partly because of the Tyrells' ambitions, but he wouldn't have had to die for those ambitions if Littlefinger, and Sansa, hadn't told them what a cruel little monster he was. They wanted Margaery to be queen at all costs, but they didn't want to see her suffer under Joffrey, so they killed him. It was somewhat his own doing in that sense.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I was not satisfied with how he died. It was too easy for him. I've always wanted one of the Starks to kill him. Sigh.

I think the manner of his death made sense, in that it was the least honorable way to die as befit his character. Better to die with a sword in hand, they say, and His Grace the royal pustule was content to hide under his mother's skirts than protect his realm. He deserved it, the death and humiliation.

I actually felt kind of bad for Cersei.

Personally, I think a part of her may have been relieved. She loves her children agressively, yeah, but Joffrey scares her. I think she might be secretly glad she doesn't have this loaded cannon around anymore, a cannon that makes her look weak in the eyes of her father and Tyrion. Of course, she also probably feels guilty for feeling the relief...

It was partly because of the Tyrells' ambitions, but he wouldn't have had to die for those ambitions if Littlefinger, and Sansa, hadn't told them what a cruel little monster he was. They wanted Margaery to be queen at all costs, but they didn't want to see her suffer under Joffrey, so they killed him. It was somewhat his own doing in that sense.

they killed Jeoffry because it would then be easier for Margery to manipulate an 8 year old and in essence rule over the land....In fact the struggle for Tommens affections is a reason Cersei becomes so paranoid by the end of book 4.....but it was great to see that little bitch die....I would have liked to see him die on the Blackwater though....take a nice cut through the bowels.....f

they killed Jeoffry because it would then be easier for Margery to manipulate an 8 year old and in essence rule over the land....In fact the struggle for Tommens affections is a reason Cersei becomes so paranoid by the end of book 4.....but it was great to see that little bitch die....I would have liked to see him die on the Blackwater though....take a nice cut through the bowels.....f

The main problem this rationale is that Tywinn is still alive during this time. Tywinn is the one ruling and it is know. Tommen being king makes manners easier for Tywinn since he will not worry of moments of irrational cruelty. Say wanting the head of your depised foe being presented to his sister during a wedding feast.

Archived