Aurane Waters

Ski the Swift

• 3 weeks later...

I think he's part of Tarly's band of hidden Targ loyalists. I think it was Doran that mentioned there are a couple of families in on a plot to restore Targs to the throne. I'm assuming LF knows of it as he references the Queen Across the Sea to Alyane and we can come to the conclusion that Randal Tarly is in it. Could be Varys whispering in these families ears or Doran banding them together.

I imagine a showdown between him and Victarion's Iron Fleet off the shores of Mereen. Perhaps after Victarion has defeated the Volantene navy.

Victarion would have to have serious casualties to be beaten by Aurane

Victarion would have to have serious casualties to be beaten by Aurane

It's possible, also, if he is taken from the rear and sandwiched between the two forces I don't think they'd last long.

Another possibility is Aurane battles and loses to the other half of the Iron Fleet who then arrive with newly captured warships to reinforce Victarion. That would be awesome.

It's possible, also, if he is taken from the rear and sandwiched between the two forces I don't think they'd last long.

Another possibility is Aurane battles and loses to the other half of the Iron Fleet who then arrive with newly captured warships to reinforce Victarion. That would be awesome.

Ya they both could happen but if he does attack Vic in the rear it wont to him any good.Its attacking a possible ally whos fighting against a definate enemy

I think it's unlikely he's simply part of a Tyrell plot. I mean, they already have the Redwyne ships - unless their strategy was simply to prevent Cersei from having any power to defy them at sea, but I'm betting on something more exciting. His joining Daenerys wouldn't make sense, unless as a way to finally rid us of Victarion, but he's not Stannis, I doubt he'd manage to defeat him; not to mention there's already far too many people on their way to her, and we don't want her to turn into a Sookie Stackhouse, do we?

No, I believe he's either working with Littlefinger, or he's Varys's man and will use the fleet to help YG (maybe he's a Blackfyre, like someone said above, who knows?). Think about it: the Iron born are wreaking havoc on the west coast of Westeros, and theoretically that's where Victarion will take Daenerys. So wouldn't it make much more sense to have a fleet wreaking havoc on the east coast of Westeros as well? :devil:

I think he's part of Tarly's band of hidden Targ loyalists. I think it was Doran that mentioned there are a couple of families in on a plot to restore Targs to the throne. I'm assuming LF knows of it as he references the Queen Across the Sea to Alyane and we can come to the conclusion that Randal Tarly is in it. Could be Varys whispering in these families ears or Doran banding them together.

Can someone fill me in - Tarly is a Targ sympathizer? This is the first I'm reading this theory. Did I miss something glaringly obvious? I'm on re-read #5 and, seriously, if this is spelled out in the books, I'm going to enroll in a remedial reading class.

@Starky Smurf, it is never said in the books. Tarly supported the Targs in Robert's Rebellion but that is the extent of actual evidence to support this theory in the books. Some people on the forum believe he will support an Aegon or Dany but all evidence points to him being as he seems; Tyrell's right hand man and best general. There have been clues that point to this theory, read Kevan's epilogue at the end of ADWD because many supporters of the theory believe Tarly is lying about his intentions. Personally I believe it is a crackpot theory, but keep it in the back of your mind as you read Winds of Winter.

@ OP, Waters fought for Stannis during the Battle of the Blackwater, perhaps he has taken his ships to the Wall? We really don't know much about Aurane... He kind of looks like a Targ so maybe he's a potential Blackfyre? I believe he'll go back to Stannis or join up with Aegon.

@Starky Smurf, it is never said in the books. Tarly supported the Targs in Robert's Rebellion but that is the extent of actual evidence to support this theory in the books. Some people on the forum believe he will support an Aegon or Dany but all evidence points to him being as he seems; Tyrell's right hand man and best general. There have been clues that point to this theory, read Kevan's epilogue at the end of ADWD because many supporters of the theory believe Tarly is lying about his intentions. Personally I believe it is a crackpot theory, but keep it in the back of your mind as you read Winds of Winter.

Awesome, thanks Chef.

There is an interesting background for the bastard of Driftmark in the perspective of a Blackfyre resurgence. The Velaryons are of Valyrian origin and have once married one of their daughters to a Targaryen King. This is how Daemon Blackfyre descended from the Velaryons on his mother's side, (but the Targaryens from the main line didn't, as far as I know). However Aurane is only a Velaryon bastard, which makes me wonder whether a bastard in search of legitimacy would support a Blackfyre pretender.

This is why I suspect Aurane would have made a choice recruit for Varys to gain to the Blackfyre cause (assuming Aegon is indeed a Blackfyre), after Aurane swore fealty to Joffrey after the BoB.

Archived