Aurane Waters

Ski the Swift

In fact we have an example of a marriage by proxy in Westeros. Asha's wedding was held by proxy, with what I want to say was a seal standing in for her though I'm probably wrong. However Asha seems convinced that the marriage by proxy and lack of consummation would make her case against the marriage a strong one, though she seems convinced that it will come down to who's in charge whether it sticks or not. I think the same would be true of Arya. If the Boltons defeat Stannis, Roose would rule the marriage legitimate. If he loses Stannis would nullify the marriage. Still, married or not, if Arya ever has a chance to kill Ramsay I have no doubt that she would.

Exactly, so best not to take chances.

Ramsey..... :stillsick:

My impression was always that while marriages could be held in proxy, consummation was always important as well. This seems to be the potential out for both Tyrion/Sansa and for Asha, and while Ramsay and fake Arya consummated, the real Arya is still a maiden, thus it would seem to pose a problem here as well.

I am getting confused, lol. :laugh:

I've gotten to the point where I question myself as to whether I read something in the actual books, or the Forum.

And right now there is another thread, "Aryas Destiny," so thanks for your patience.

The other issue with Jeyne pretending to be Arya, is in the MIddle Ages, Marriage by Proxy was considered legitimate. If Arya shows up, Ramsey could make that case.

It being against her will, could be a consideration, but it could still be technicality, so she would be better served to make herself a widow. :devil:

LOL not to mention distinguishing between book and HBO show facts...

I don't see Ser Justin finding Arya. He has never met her and has no idea she's in Braavos. Spotting someone you don't know and aren't looking for who is in hiding as someone else is a remarkably difficult task.

:agree:

She might also run around with a different face every other week.

And how would Aurane get to marry her anyway?

Even legitimized, which he's not, he's not a likely match. If he had a fleet of 200 ships, Stannis might think about it, but he would probably choose one of his loyal followers first to lay claim to WF or try to make a marriage pact with a Vale Lord.

The other issue with Jeyne pretending to be Arya, is in the MIddle Ages, Marriage by Proxy was considered legitimate. If Arya shows up, Ramsey could make that case.

It being against her will, could be a consideration, but it could still be technicality, so she would be better served to make herself a widow. :devil:

In fact we have an example of a marriage by proxy in Westeros. Asha's wedding was held by proxy, with what I want to say was a seal standing in for her though I'm probably wrong. However Asha seems convinced that the marriage by proxy and lack of consummation would make her case against the marriage a strong one, though she seems convinced that it will come down to who's in charge whether it sticks or not. I think the same would be true of Arya. If the Boltons defeat Stannis, Roose would rule the marriage legitimate. If he loses Stannis would nullify the marriage. Still, married or not, if Arya ever has a chance to kill Ramsay I have no doubt that she would.

Both these points are true, but you seem to forget, that the Boltens didn't use Jeyne as a proxy, but forced her to pretend to be Arya Stark. So this marriage is a fraud.

Many northern Lords seem to suspect a "fake Arya" already.

I don't see Ser Justin finding Arya. He has never met her and has no idea she's in Braavos. Spotting someone you don't know and aren't looking for who is in hiding as someone else is a remarkably difficult task.

It might be the other way around with jeyne poole and alysanne mormont

• 1 month later...

I'm most certain that Aurane is either the mummer's dragon or the dark flame from Quaithe's warning in Dany's dream.

"Hear me, Daenerys Targaryen. The glass candles are burning. Soon comes the pale mare, and after her the others. Kraken and dark flame, lion and griffin, the sun's son and the mummer's dragon. Trust none of them. Remember the Undying. Beware the perfumed seneschal."

I'm most certain that Aurane is either the mummer's dragon or the dark flame from Quaithe's warning in Dany's dream.

Mummer's dragon he is not. That is Aegon- whether because he is controlled by a mummer (Varys) or because he is a fake doesn't matter.

Dark flame could be taken almost literally as Blackfyre (some random member of the House) or it could be Morroqo (as it is mentioned with kraken) or it could even be Darkstar if we stretch the meaning quite a bit.

I believe what became of Aurane is pretty clear from the sample Arianne chapter...

Mummer's dragon he is not. That is Aegon- whether because he is controlled by a mummer (Varys) or because he is a fake doesn't matter.

Dark flame could be taken almost literally as Blackfyre (some random member of the House) or it could be Morroqo (as it is mentioned with kraken) or it could even be Darkstar if we stretch the meaning quite a bit.

I believe what became of Aurane is pretty clear from the sample Arianne chapter...

It has become clear through the arianne pov for wow that waters is a pirate on the step stones

I agree that he´s a pirate now. However, that doesn't rule out that hes the mummer's dragon nor the dark flame from the dream.

Archived