The Last Hero- Azor Ahai- The Prince that was Promised

Know Face Man

I think Azor Ahai Reborn and TPTWP are definitely the same figure, and the Last Hero sounds like AA as well although I don't remember too many references. Stallion that Mounts the World is meant to be something totally diffferent in my interpretation, although if a Dothraki saved Westeros from the Others I suppose he would be assumed to be TSTMTW. I think this and the other major prophecies will be left ambiguous or open for interpretation at the end as opposed to someone (or 3 people combined) definitively being the messiah.

Count me in as one of those people who want to see all of this prophesy stuff go away!

I just want to see Jon wake up, beat the crap out of the others, and for Dany to fall off her Dragon and never be mentioned again.

Might be cool to see Tyrion murder cercei.... thats about it.

The Last Hero is Bran Old Nan story goes a little something like this. " Determine to seek out the Children, in hopes that their ancient magics could win back what the armies of men had lost. He set out into the dead lands with a SWORD, HORSE, DOG and a DOZEN COMPANIONS. LAST HERO = BRAN. SWORD = SWORD from the Crypts of Winterfell HORSE = HONDOR ( Bran rides Hondor) DOG = SUMMER. DOZEN COMPANIONS (MEERA REED and JOJEN REED) 12 companions i think not... more like 1st companion and 2nd companion

Sounds more like Jon actually, and more literally. Jon had a sword, rode a horse, had a "dog" with him and was heading North to the Wall with some number of companions in addition to Benjen and Tyrion, some other recruits for the Nights Watch.

The way the characters talk about these legends makes it sound like Azor Ahai is the eastern description, the PTWP is the Valyrian version of the myth, and the Last Hero is the Westerosi variant of the same legend. However, the AA and the LH do not have overlapping descriptions so they do not have to have been the same person. The Last Hero supposedly fought Others with some kind of dragonsteel sword. Azor Ahai is claimed to have somehow driven away the darkness, wherever that might have taken place. They are not contradictory though and may well have been just different cultural expressions of the same thing.

One question, though, is whether the dragon having "three heads" actually means there will be a new version of each of these. Maybe, maybe not. The LH is not a prophecy so perhaps the Stallion that Mounts the World could replace the Last Hero part. Melisandre and Aemon at least seem to believe that AA = PTWP despite the talk of the three components.

The way the characters talk about these legends makes it sound like Azor Ahai is the eastern description, the PTWP is the Valyrian version of the myth, and the Last Hero is the Westerosi variant of the same legend. However, the AA and the LH do not have overlapping descriptions so they do not have to have been the same person. The Last Hero supposedly fought Others with some kind of dragonsteel sword. Azor Ahai is claimed to have somehow driven away the darkness, wherever that might have taken place. They are not contradictory though and may well have been just different cultural expressions of the same thing.

One question, though, is whether the dragon having "three heads" actually means there will be a new version of each of these. Maybe, maybe not. The LH is not a prophecy so perhaps the Stallion that Mounts the World could replace the Last Hero part. Melisandre and Aemon at least seem to believe that AA = PTWP despite the talk of the three components.

I noticed that in the PTWP there's "the dragon has three heads" while in AA there's the forging of three different swords with the final being Lightbringer. The three heads of the dragon and the three swords could mean the same thing.

Sounds more like Jon actually, and more literally. Jon had a sword, rode a horse, had a "dog" with him and was heading North to the Wall with some number of companions in addition to Benjen and Tyrion, some other recruits for the Nights Watch.

Cant be Jon. It say's that when The Last Hero tryed to use his sword against the others his sword broke.

This could not happen to Longclaw because it is Valyrian Steel.

Where the sword BRAN took from the crypts is just a regular sword which it is said would brake against the others swords of thin shape ice.

The last Hero fought the other with a sword of DragongSteel/Valyrian Steel

Azor Ahia fought them with LIGHTBRINGER/DAWN not Valyrian Steel

I'm sorry but what part of the two stories being adapted differently because of cultural/linguistic variations is that difficult to understand?

That's disregarding my pretty firm hunch at this point that Lightbringer isn't Dawn or any other literal sword. It's symbolic.

Yes. And Bran went north of the Wall to find the Three-Eyed Crow, not specifically to fight the Others.

OLD NAN

" Determind to seek out the children, in hopes that their ancient magics could win back what the armies of men had lost. He set out into the dead lands with a SWORD, HORSE, DOG and a DOZEN companions"

" For years he searched, unfilled he despaired of ever finding the Children of the Forest in their secret cities. One by one his friends died, and his horse and finally even his dog, and his sword froze so hard the blade snapped when he tried to use it. And the Others smelled the hot blood in him and came silent on this trail, stalking him with packs of pale white spiders by as hounds......"

JON also has a dream about Himself standing at the top of the wall in all Black armour with a Red Sword fighting big white spiders.

A glowing sword with no heat, All these theories are interesting, the only thing I know for sure is that it is not Stannis. Im not sure if it is Bran either.

that quote its self makes me think of dragonglass, which the childen of the forrest apparently have access to as well, though bran cant walk and bloodraven said he wont walk, as well as no where in the books is it built up that bran has any massive right to the throne or anything so the title "prince that is promised" just doesnt make sense to me

Archived