The Last Hero- Azor Ahai- The Prince that was Promised

Know Face Man

We don't know if dragonsteel = Valyrien steel.

It could be that dragon refers to fire/comet/meteorite. And then, it could be Dawn. Or a real dragon, actually.

But if dragonsteel=valyrian steel. And AA=TLH. Then did we just learn the secret to making valyrian steel? You have to temper the steel in someone's beating heart.

So the story gets warped a little and it becomes AA's wife and a fire sword instead of anybody and dragon steel. Sometimes facts have to give way to drama.

I think we can all agree the Valyrians were big enough jerks to murder a slave or two to make better steel.

I think Benjen is the last hero. He went North with a sword and a horse and ?12 companions. Not sure about the dog, but I suspect that Benjen may have latent warging ability. Perhaps he has a direwolf too.

I think though I may be alone in this that AA/Last Hero were never just one person and I don't mean that the the AA and Last Hero were two contemporaries fighting the same evil but that that the AA and Last Hero were names given to a series of Heros who fought and died in the War for Dawn and the AAR and Last Hero Reborn will be the same i.e most of the people who fit the prophecies will fulfill some part of it.

Jon is AAR/TPTWP and Dawn is Lightbringer.

Edit: Since this has been bumped I'll say what my new theory is.

Dawn is the original Lightbringer that was used during the first Long Night. And after it had ended it was given to a member of House Dayne to look after incase The Others ever came back. House Dayne remember and honour AA/LH and his victory by renaming the sword Dawn and creating the office of The Sword of the Morning. Both reference the ending of a night, the Long Night.

So fast forward to now and Jon is AAR/TPTWP/LH, and his Lightbringer this time is the NW, but he also wields Dawn as it is Dragonsteel and he uses that to fight The Others as well the NW.

Dawn can only be wielded by a Dayne... are you saying Jon is a Dayne?

It's when everything is said and done a sword so I doubt there is any restriction to who can wield it,But I don't think Dawn is Lightbringer.

No, I'm saying that House Dayne has been keeping Dawn safe until The Others return and AAR/TPTWP/LH has to wield it again, but this time only as Dragonsteel.

The office of The Sword of the Morning is just a cover to keep Dawn safe and to make sure someone whose a remarkable swordsman can keep it from others who might try and steal it.

The Last Hero is Bran

Old Nan story goes a little something like this. " Determine to seek out the Children, in hopes that their ancient magics could win back what the armies of men had lost. He set out into the dead lands with a SWORD, HORSE, DOG and a DOZEN COMPANIONS.

LAST HERO = BRAN. SWORD = SWORD from the Crypts of Winterfell

HORSE = HONDOR ( Bran rides Hondor) DOG = SUMMER.

DOZEN COMPANIONS (MEERA REED and JOJEN REED)

12 companions i think not... more like 1st companion and 2nd companion

On my re-read, this is what I picked up as well. The sad part is that in the Last Hero's story the companions, horse, and dog all die. I don't think this necessarily means Bran IS the last hero reborn, just that his story has parallels to the legend and could be used to foreshadow upcoming events.

Oh, and it's HODOR, not hondor.

12 companions are Rickon (of the Shaggy Dog tale), Osha (with Rickon), Jojen (paste?), Meera (stuck in a cave surrounded by wights), Hodor (with Meera), Luwin (dead), the Liddle (marchig with Stannis? Killed by Ygritte?), Sam (in a war zone), Gilly (with Sam), Gilly's son (with Mel who thinks he's Mance's and is just itching to wake a stone dragon), Coldhands (dead), Bloodraven (near death). The dog is Summer and the horse is the elk.

• 4 months later...

Jon is before Bran after the document Robb made to make it legal before his death as he had no male heirs, that wasnt done for nothing. A boy who cant walk isnt going to be a hero and wouldnt be respected as a king either, he might play a magical role as the prince that is promised. i dont think its likely as the old gods are totally different, but theres no way hes going to be a physical presence such as a great swordsman in any form, hes a crippled kid.

Rickon will most likely fill the void in the north as hes basicly 50% wilding as hes being raised by one as a mother figure from a young age and will be familiar with their customs, in alot of cases he will know more about the wildings then he does about the old ways of the starks. And hes known to be wild anyway, After all the war and loss of life the north has suffered, the large wilding immigration will breed into the population and become his new subjects, along with the previous population.

BTW bloodraven sat in his chair and basicly become a tree, i think once you agree to whatever position that is, your signing your life away and your not going to be the sa

It was an easy call for Robb- He thought of Jon as his brother, not as his half-brother and, he felt that Jon should carry the Stark name. He also wanted to give him Winterfell. So once Robb legitimizes him, Jon becomes the heir to Winterfell. Robb clearly has 100% confidence in Jon or he wouldn't have done it. Bran's injury had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Archived