"You Know Nothing Jon Snow" (Spoilers)

Drowsey Dragon

• 3 weeks later...

everytime the statement is made to Jon by Ygritte is reflecting on how little he knows about a very many things, each time its a different meaning, and each time one is able to read quite a lot into that, particularly when Jon has a dream of Ygritte saying it, the subject of which they are discussing is very interesting, and her meaning there cant be taken in anyway other than well

R&L=J

everytime the statement is made to Jon by Ygritte is reflecting on how little he knows about a very many things, each time its a different meaning, and each time one is able to read quite a lot into that, particularly when Jon has a dream of Ygritte saying it, the subject of which they are discussing is very interesting, and her meaning there cant be taken in anyway other than well

R&L=J

From which book is the spoiler?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Okay I know it's been a while since anyone has posted on his thread, but this phrase also had me wondering...I do think that when Ygritte said "you know nothing" to Jon it was fairly clear what she was saying ( you're naive, but I love you, whatever), but what does it signify once she is gone?

I'm rereading ADWD and every time Jon shows doubt he says it to himself, and I'm wondering if there might be more to it than it was initially meant to? Am I looking into this too much? It's repeated so much it makes me think it's MEANT to stand out. I hate to sound like the teacher here (but I can't help it, since that's what I do) but when an author constantly repeats themselves it's to make you notice something.....but what?

Archived