Let's Discuss Rhaegar and Robert's Rebellion

Drowsey Dragon

I am not a fan of Rhaegar. I know as much about him as his sister does, which is not much. I am looking at it from an objective point of view. He does share in the blame for the fall of his house, but he could not have known for certain this would be the outcome. Love makes people do irrational things. Regarding house Lannister, yes the mad king and Tywin were estranged at this point, but they were still allies. The Lannisters did not turn on the Targs until after Rhaegar was killed by Robert and it was clear the war was lost. When the war began the mad king was just as strong, if not stronger than Roberts armies. They could have prevailed, but of course they did not.

OK, fair enough, I can agree with pretty much all of this. But even if hindsight is 20/20, and Rhaegar could not have foreseen how far things would go, he still acted very immature and reckless disappearing with Lyanna. Unless there's more to the story that we don't know, which isn't unlikely

OK, fair enough, I can agree with pretty much all of this. But even if hindsight is 20/20, and Rhaegar could not have foreseen how far things would go, he still acted very immature and reckless disappearing with Lyanna. Unless there's more to the story that we don't know, which isn't unlikely

I have to agree with you Ramsay Gimp, it wasn't a very good idea to run away with Lyanna, being it consensual or not

Archived