pov character deaths

the wolf warg

Don't agree with you . Note that the "one-book" POV that died (the Queen make, forgot his name , and the Doran prince) were not placed in the "crowded" area to begin with . Or they were placed there but were not POV. Martin start with them and kill them soon after.

There was no situation were at the start of the book - there is "too much" POV in one place so one of them is killed.

I think you've misunderstood my post. I wasn't talking about POV's being killed off to trim down the story (though that could happen.). I was saying that every major death has a point and isn't just for shock value. Whereas from what you're saying Martin doesn't kill for plot efficiency. But he does. I can't think of one major death which doesn't serve a purpose to get the story moving along faster.

Martin put him at the same time he put the Hota ,Arianne and the queenmaker (fotgot his name) in the same place - which make it crowded. note of them has chapter before FoC. It is not the same as Asha,Theon and maybe Devos - that are placed in same region at the beggining of the book.

I'm not sure what the point of the kingsguard being POV - beside his doubts , everything could be told from Arrinna point of view ( I'm sure this was discussed in CoF forum ) . He wan'tinteresting either.

Jamie and cersei - because of the whole "come into this world leave this world together" thing. I wouldn't be surprised if (crackpot) BwB convinces him that she needs to die somehow.

I have a feeling barristan dies at victarions hand.

I think connington will die somehow as well

I think we lose Jaime as a POV, though not necessarily as a character. It would be much intersting seeing the UnCat meeting through Brienne's eyes because of her conflict between duty and love. And, if Jaime is the volonqar, it would be so great to see Cersei's death through her own POV, effectively ending her POV as well.

Their are so many Kraken POVs I'd be ok with one or two of them meating their end. Maybe Barristan takes out Victarion instead of the opposite occurring? And as long as Theon and Asha remain together (per GRRM's Christmas present) we'd only need one of them to do the story telling. My guess is Theon's POV shows Asha dying in order to save him, as he's all that can nullify the kingsmoot that crowned Crow's Eye.

I also suspect JonCon will end up dying at some point in tWoW, though not through his own POV.

I think we lose Jaime as a POV, though not necessarily as a character. It would be much intersting seeing the UnCat meeting through Brienne's eyes because of her conflict between duty and love. And, if Jaime is the volonqar, it would be so great to see Cersei's death through her own POV, effectively ending her POV as well.

Their are so many Kraken POVs I'd be ok with one or two of them meating their end. Maybe Barristan takes out Victarion instead of the opposite occurring? And as long as Theon and Asha remain together (per GRRM's Christmas present) we'd only need one of them to do the story telling. My guess is Theon's POV shows Asha dying in order to save him, as he's all that can nullify the kingsmoot that crowned Crow's Eye.

I also suspect JonCon will end up dying at some point in tWoW, though not through his own POV.

You seem to have put Brienne and interesting in the same sentence. I assume this is a mistake?

You seem to have put Brienne and interesting in the same sentence. I assume this is a mistake?

Alas, I did. It's all the internal struggle I could think of to possibly spice up her POV. I guess I meant more interesting than usual. Not necessarily interesting compared to other characters.

Alas, I did. It's all the internal struggle I could think of to possibly spice up her POV. I guess I meant more interesting than usual. Not necessarily interesting compared to other characters.

Personally I don't think we'll be getting any further Brienne POV's and after her disastrous debut as a POV character in AFFC I'm looking forward to just seeing her from Jaime's POV once more. We can still get all the internal conflicts and romance.

Personally I don't think we'll be getting any further Brienne POV's and after her disastrous debut as a POV character in AFFC I'm looking forward to just seeing her from Jaime's POV once more. We can still get all the internal conflicts and romance.

I wouldnt be opposed to seeing it from Jaime's POV either. It'd be great to see how UnCat is described through his eyes. As well as him realizing hes part of a role reversal Beauty and the Beast.

I don't think all the POV characters will die for their stories to end. Some may just find their home and be out of the story (the Hound and the Quiet Isles).

My Guesses:

1. Melisandre- Dies fighting the Others at the Wall

2. Theon- Beheaded by Stannis

3. Asha- Ransomed off by Stannis to the Iron Islands for their allegance. She becomes some Lord's wife.

4. Brienne- Dies saving Jamie after they finally make love

5. Selmy/Victarion- One of these will die. We simply do not need their POVs out east with both Dany and Tyrion there now.

Not a POV character but I think Cersei takes Margaery out.

I hope you are right. I dread her chapters.

I don't think all the POV characters will die for their stories to end. Some may just find their home and be out of the story (the Hound and the Quiet Isles).

My Guesses:

1. Melisandre- Dies fighting the Others at the Wall

2. Theon- Beheaded by Stannis

3. Asha- Ransomed off by Stannis to the Iron Islands for their allegance. She becomes some Lord's wife.

4. Brienne- Dies saving Jamie after they finally make love

5. Selmy/Victarion- One of these will die. We simply do not need their POVs out east with both Dany and Tyrion there now.

Not a POV character but I think Cersei takes Margaery out.

I can see Melisandre dying fighting The Others, but I think it will be in DOS or book 8 where that happens. At the moment she's such a useful plot device that I don't think she'll be killed off just yet.

You actually think Theon will be beheaded in front of the Weirwood? I find that doubtful to be honest, although I think Theon will die after fully rejecting his ironborn heritage. Whether that will happen in Winds or later I don't know.

This is more possible, although if Asha is getting married it'll probably be to Justin Massey. Personally I think she'll die to save Theon.

Agree about Brienne

Agree about Barristan/Victarion and I think it'll be Victarion. I think Dany will force him to blow the dragonhorn so she can get them under her control.

Theon maybe Asha?

Please let the Damphir join his Drowned God.

Arianne - Dorne just can't catch a break

Barristan Selmy once Dany's back in the picture his views are no longer needed

And Please oh Please oh Please Mel aka The Red Bitch.

Mel won't go since Jon is "dead". Plus i really love Mel. I would be incredibly sad if Barristan Selmy dies, but i doubt he will die because unlike Catelyn he actually has a job which is being the Queenshand

1. Victarion

2. Brienne

3. Barristan

4. J. Connington (Considering his current predicament this is not much of guess...)

5. Damphair

I also want Cersei gone BUT I doubt that GRRM will do that considering:

i) GRRM will need a POV in King's Landing

ii) Death is too kind a fate, she deserves way worse... :) (Yeah... I really don't like her)

I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for Stannis & Euron.

You don't like Joncon?!?! I think he'll die but I certainly don't want him to. :(

Yeah! JonCon has to die after YG dies or is revealed to be fake, just to make us laugh at him for foolishly believing his love would actually save his country. Even Sansa doesn't believe that anymore.

I think Theon (eventually), JonCon (inevitably), Damphair (if the Gods are good), Barristan (don't worry, he wants to die a knight, so he'll get a great send off), Areo (I don't particularly dislike him or his chapters, but as a POV I'm not sure how much more he can contribute), and maybe Melisandre will die.

If eiter Jaime or Brienne kicks the bucket, it won't be for a while.

A lot of characters are teaming up, so they won't need as many chapters.

True, but I don't think doubling or even trippling up on POVs in a particular "theatre" will simply = kill list. GRRM likes to show the same developing plot from several points of view when the scheming is intense, e.g. 3 POVs in KL in GOT. So, for example, he may want to keep lots of POVs around Dany.

POVs which have served their purpose are most at risk…Areo I’m looking at you.

I think that Barristan will be killed off before he can reveal the full horror of Aerys' reign to Dany. Hypothetically this means that he could last a significant portion of the next book. I think he will be mortally wounded in the battle and die shortly after.

We have not seen a viewpoint character killed off (for good) in their own pov chapter and I expect that this will remain the case in the future.

I really want it to be Brienne's viewpoint through which we read the inevitable meeting between Jaime and UnCat. The turmoil in that chapter would be too much to resist!

I also think that Jon will no longer be a viewpoint character (saving a whole load of chapter space) and instead we will see other points of view converge on the Wall - such as Theon Greyjoy, Asha Greyjoy, Davos Seaworth and Melisandre - with Bran involved to a certain extent!

I'm determined that Arya will be involved in the King's Landing storyline.

Arianne and JonCon are converging too, which will reduce the required chapters over there too.

Archived