A "A Game of Thrones" RPG.

Firewall

I just read online that there is going to be a Game of Thrones RPG Videogame coming out sometime this year.

I was wondering if anyone was excited for that and who will buy it, because I know that I am excited and I definately am going to be getting it when it comes out. In fact, I was kind of thinking that it would be awesome to have a videogame about Game of Thrones where you actually play as one character and not just a strategy game like "A Game of Thrones: Genesis". Well, If anyone gets some information on the release date I would love to hear it.

Trailer says Early 2012... Well it's Early 2012 now. If they don;pt have a firm early 2012 release date now I don;t know how they can still be eyeing that launch window, unles they are going to fast track the final QA/QC/testing, which means not only could it be a mediocre game but it may be a buggy mess worse than Skyrim on PS3.

In my opinion the game looks pretty bad both from aesthetic point of view and story telling. The blood looks like tomato juice mixed with water and they added a new town which wasn't mentioned throughout the books or Westeros map.

It would be a way more interesting if we had to play in the role of Aegon the Conqueror, 3 dragons and 3 thousand soldiers fighting across the whole map. Attacking Harrenhall by yourself would be so freaking amazing. Anyways I will check out the game, even if it feels like poop.

Trailer says Early 2012... Well it's Early 2012 now. If they don;pt have a firm early 2012 release date now I don;t know how they can still be eyeing that launch window, unles they are going to fast track the final QA/QC/testing, which means not only could it be a mediocre game but it may be a buggy mess worse than Skyrim on PS3.

Game Informer said April -- to coincide with Season 2 of the tv show.

In my opinion the game looks pretty bad both from aesthetic point of view and story telling. The blood looks like tomato juice mixed with water and they added a new town which wasn't mentioned throughout the books or Westeros map.

It would be a way more interesting if we had to play in the role of Aegon the Conqueror, 3 dragons and 3 thousand soldiers fighting across the whole map. Attacking Harrenhall by yourself would be so freaking amazing. Anyways I will check out the game, even if it feels like poop.

The storytelling is bad? Controlling a member of the Night's Watch that hunts down and executes deserters, and a Red Priest that's come home to reclaim his birthright, sounds pretty awesome to me. Graphics don't look great, but they're on par with most other rpg games released for consoles. Kingdoms of Amalur is out today, and it's graphics are average at best(like WOW). The pics on the offical website show promise.

The game's been confirmed for release on May 15 by Atlus Publishing

I'm predicting a 7.5, which is very acceptable to me.

Ah yes, a story we have heard of in the history, so we can expect every last plot twist and know the outcome :rolleyes:. I think the direction they are going in is the best choice. Having characters that can have an affect on Westeros but not so major that they "uncannonize" the story.

As for the aesthetics....if you don't buy a game based solely on graphics, then gtfo.

Ah yes, a story we have heard of in the history, so we can expect every last plot twist and know the outcome :rolleyes:. I think the direction they are going in is the best choice. Having characters that can have an affect on Westeros but not so major that they "uncannonize" the story.

Exactly. I am perfectly fine with this route and support it, but entitled gamers want customization on everything nowadays. Given the very nature of the storied ASoIaF universe, it would be utterly impossible to make something sprawling and non-linear as they might think is an automatic plus to a game. Scale can be accomplished a great many ways, and scale in the story presented to us seems to be shown very well.

As I've said before, I will reserve my judgment on the game until I play it. I just hate the automatic cynicism.

Honestly, Ther

Does Cyanide have a bad record or something? Because This is the first game I heard of that is developed by them, and I hope they prove you all wrong and provide a good game.

Thier reputation can be considered... questionable if not bold. The only game from that studio that I've played was Blood Bowl. To quote the ever so bombastic Deon Sanders: "It was hot, garbage!" Here's the link to thier wiki page if you have care to take a look. Me, i'll rent the game just for the chance to be a warg, or if i'm lucky a chance to kill Ramsay, because he must die. I'm sick like that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyanide_(company)

The storytelling is bad? Controlling a member of the Night's Watch that hunts down and executes deserters, and a Red Priest that's come home to reclaim his birthright, sounds pretty awesome to me.

A premise can sound awesome, even when the execution ultimately lacks. Granted, we won't know how the story turns out until the game is actually released.

Does Cyanide have a bad record or something? Because This is the first game I heard of that is developed by them, and I hope they prove you all wrong and provide a good game.

That would certainly be nice, but their record so far is mixed.

Metacritic scores for recent Cyanide titles:

• Pro Cycling Manager 2011 (racing) - 74 / 100
  • Loki: Heroes of Mythology (RPG) - 61 / 100
  • Chaos League (RTS) - 72 / 100
  • Blood Bowl (strategy) - 72 / 100
  • A Game of Thrones: Genesis (RTS) - 53 / 100

Of these, I've only personally played AGOT: Genesis and I'm damn glad I only paid $10 for it during a Steam daily sale.

Edited to Add: I just read in this thread that a different studio under the Cyanide umbrella is working on the RPG than developed Genesis. I'm not going to take the time to figure out which studio developed each individual title up above, but perhaps this distinction warrants cautious optimisim.

Archived