Does Roose Bolton even care?

Cat Stark

Just to reiterate the theory Roose is acting against Ramsay:

"He needs to be leeched. The leeches suck away the bad blood, all the rage and pain. No man can think so full of anger."

A quote out of ADwD. Roose is talking. And he talks as if he was once pained and full of rage, but managed to find a way to control himself. Right after it he talks about Domeric and how great he was.

By the way, why did Ramsey marry Fat Walda? Just to get Frey support (which seems, after all, to depend only on which way the wind is blowing)? And how in the name of the old golds and the new can Walda possibly be so "la la la" unconcerned - is she just an extreme dingbat, am imbecile impervious to any inherent danger (talk about a viper's net)? What IS the deal on that?

By the way, why did Ramsey marry Fat Walda? Just to get Frey support (which seems, after all, to depend only on which way the wind is blowing)? And how in the name of the old golds and the new can Walda possibly be so "la la la" unconcerned - is she just an extreme dingbat, am imbecile impervious to any inherent danger (talk about a viper's net)? What IS the deal on that?

Lord Heh offered him (Roose, not Ramsay) weight of his chosen bride in silver for her dowry. Of course he took the fattest. She is oblivious of Ramsay's intentions and his true nature. Stupid, perhaps. But let her enjoy her bliss for a moment, gods know it won't last.

Lord Heh offered him (Roose, not Ramsay) weight of his chosen bride in silver for her dowry. Of course he took the fattest. She is oblivious of Ramsay's intentions and his true nature. Stupid, perhaps. But let her enjoy her bliss for a moment, gods know it won't last.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. I'd forgotten that -- thanks!

Fat Walda isn't stupid! Just hungry. And she should be happy forever! Though TWOW may be unpleasant to the Boltons, or is that being too pessimistic? Any old members have anything to say?

It is as good a move as possible for Fat Walda thinking back to her Father's thoughts in the ASOS epilogue. When the late Lord Frey finally goes off to the seven hells there are an awful lot of Freys who could well be chucked out of the Twins, Fat Walda on the other hand has ended up married to a fairly powerful Lord. If it was a marriage that works out for the best in the longer term remains to be seen. The position of bride of Roose doesn't look too safe at the moment.

Fat Walda isn't stupid! Just hungry. And she should be happy forever! Though TWOW may be unpleasant to the Boltons, or is that being too pessimistic? Any old members have anything to say?

Catelyn Stark and Dacey Mormont should be happy forever. Fat Walda - I won't shed any tears if someone decides to skewer her.

It is as good a move as possible for Fat Walda thinking back to her Father's thoughts in the ASOS epilogue. When the late Lord Frey finally goes off to the seven hells there are an awful lot of Freys who could well be chucked out of the Twins, Fat Walda on the other hand has ended up married to a fairly powerful Lord. If it was a marriage that works out for the best in the longer term remains to be seen. The position of bride of Roose doesn't look too safe at the moment.

Are you saying Walda may be in an unfortunate position in TWOW?

This is made all the more interesting that Jamie required a transfer of prisoners which could be intercepted by the BwB.

Yeah, and I am betting sooner rather than later seeing Arya is missing. His reaction and punishment may lead to a few people being a bit peeved.

The Lannisters holding Umber and the others could also be away to make sure Boltan stays loyal. If they feel he is breaking away from them, they can release their hostages and they (the hostages) would cause a lot of trouble for Boltan in the North.

The Lannisters holding Umber and the others could also be away to make sure Boltan stays loyal. If they feel he is breaking away from them, they can release their hostages and they (the hostages) would cause a lot of trouble for Boltan in the North.

or simply keep them to ensure they don't join Bolton if he turns south

Wow, I never thought of it like that! :o If that's the case, the Boltons could find themselves in shit soon or am I interpreting your words wrong?

or simply keep them to ensure they don't join Bolton if he turns south

I do not think they would join Boltan even if he turned south. They know the truth about the RW and would not get their support. Also, I do not see Boltan going south, he his a careful cautious man. It would be a lot easier for him to declare the he is King of the North and have the Freys close of the Neck . Than it would be for him to invade the South.

• 3 months later...

He deserves to be hunted by the Wildling spear-wives, no doubt. Will he give them "a good sport"? I doubt it, he'll be a miserable victim once striped of power and supporters. Theon deserves to end his life or the best a woman - in the name of all the women he has haunted. A spear wife or Asha Greyjoy would be best - why not having 2 in1, she is a battle-axe wife after all ;)

He deserves to be hunted by the Wildling spear-wives, no doubt. Will he give them "a good sport"? I doubt it, he'll be a miserable victim once striped of power and supporters. Theon deserves to end his life or the best a woman - in the name of all the women he has haunted. A spear wife or Asha Greyjoy would be best - why not having 2 in1, she is a battle-axe wife after all ;)

:agree: :agree: :agree:

Reading the books I got the impression that, above all else, Roose Bolton is very afraid of Ramsey.

and everything else flows from that...

My impression was that the father is no different from the son. All he has to do is get fifty guards, walk into the chamber and slap his bastard son in irons for his crimes. Which are real and easy to proove.

Archived