No more POV, or are there?

protar

So Martin has said that he'll be introducing no more new POV's excluding prolgue and epilogue characters but I know I'm not alone when I say he'll end up refuting on that and adding at least one extra POV to TWOW and possibly another in DOS.

Personally I think that Tyene Sand will become a new POV in order to bring back the multifaceted feel of KL which I feel has been lost from having it all take place from Cersei's POV. Tyene can also give us a good look into the Faith which I'm sure will become important.

What are your thoughts on whether any new POV's will be added and if you think there will be, who will they be do you think?

I'm thinking that definitivly Marg will be added as a POV and maybe How his story turn out Edmure

I would like Tyene to have a POV-- but I would love Marg to have one! I'm guessing it would be an awesome contrast to Cersei. But truth be told, I just can't see GRRM doing Marg chapters; her story/placement is just too widespread (sharing storylines with Renly, Tommen, Cersei, and of course the Tyrells). I don't know, but I just don't think he'll give us Marg :(

I seriously feel so cheated that there haven't been any Tyrell POV so far and that we haven't seen Highgarden.

I think the reason we've got no Tyrell POV's is because it would reveal some pretty heavy spoilers for the series. They're planning something if you ask me. No idea what, but something. Perhaps in book 7 or 8 (yes I think there'll be eight.) we'll get one, but I don't see much purpose for one at the moment. Martin needs to get the Martell and Greyjoy stuff finished or at least tidied up before we ge POV's from another major house.

Please, PLEASE no more Dornish POVs. Just so unnecessary. We can get King's Landing info from Cersei. We don't need Tyene. GRRM doesn't and shouldn't have to lead us all by the hands and spoonfeed us all the information in the story...getting Cersei's POV and having to piece together what is true and what isn't from her rather muddled brain is a lot of fun.

Please, PLEASE no more Dornish POVs. Just so unnecessary. We can get King's Landing info from Cersei. We don't need Tyene. GRRM doesn't and shouldn't have to lead us all by the hands and spoonfeed us all the information in the story...getting Cersei's POV and having to piece together what is true and what isn't from her rather muddled brain is a lot of fun.

I liked Cersei's POV, but I really think that there's too much going on in KL for it to be just her for the whole book. Why does it matter if Tyene is Dornish so long as she's doing something interesting?

I also had an idea that Tyene (where she to become a POV.) might not neccesarily stay in KL for the whole book. Could she perhaps be sent with some of the Warriors Son's to the Quiet Isle to get them involved in the new religious fervor, and there they might find The Hound?

Yeah a permanent Kevan POV would have been interesting. I really liked him, it's a shame he's dead.

Couldnt agree more.

If Cersei leave KL I really hope we get another POV from here. So far we always have a POV of the Regent or the Hand, but maybe KL is about to cease to be center of the power, or Jon Connington or Arianne will reach it soon.

Now that Bran is spying on everyone through Wierwood trees, no new POVs are needed. GRRM will just make sure folks are strolling by Wierwood trees whenever they do their secret plotting.

But seriously, the story needs to refocus on the original core 6:

1) Bran

2) Jon

3) Arya

4) Sansa

5) Dany

6) Tyrion

Then we have those confirmed for tWoW:

7) Arianne

8) Damp-hair

9) Theon

As for the rest.

10) SAMWELL: No more POVs. He will reappear in the POVs of other characters as a doppleganger and a spy. Turns out the real Sam was assassinated by a faceless man.

11 & 12) BRIENNE AND JAIME: No more POVs. They are now "shadows" of their original selves.

13) DAVOS: No more POVs. What he finds on Skagos will be kept top secret from the reader until revealed to another POV character.

14) HOTAH: No more POVs. With any luck, has already served his purpose, which is to mislead the reader, by having Prince Doran refuse to speak plainly regarding certain secrets that Hotah is not privy to.

15) CERSEI: No clue. But she seems to be the only POV left in Kings Landing, so I guess we may see more of her.

16) MELISANDRE: I have no idea what purpose her last POV chapter served, so I don't know if we will see more of her POV.

17) BARRISTAN: Has hopefully served his purpose, seeing as Tyrion is already in Meereen and Dany may well be about to return.

18) VICTARION: Hopefully soon to have an encounter with Tyrion or Dany, rendering further POVs from him unnecessary.

19) ASHA: Is now one of 2 POVS reporting on the strange events going on near Winterfell, and they are now together. Until Theon dies, Asha is no longer necessary.

20) JON CONNINGTON: Isn't Arianne about to meet him? That should eliminate any need for this dufus.

Are you being serious FearsomeFred? Some of those those sound quite crackpot tbh. Sam killed by a faceless man? Jaime a shadow whatever that means?

In any case it's of topic. There's already a thread about POV's in general. This is about new POV's,

Protar wrote:

Are you being serious FearsomeFred? Some of those those sound quite crackpot tbh.

Surprising twists are the only ones that are fun to guess at. Otherwise there is no satisfaction if I guess right.

Sam killed by a faceless man?

Yes. Pate's killer has moved on to his next target. Sam's fat pink mast will rise no more. We have not heard from him since he showed up in Oldtown. Nor do I want to hear from him.

Jaime a shadow whatever that means?

Thoros, for instance, refers to UnBeric and UnCat as shadows: "A grimmer shadow leads us now." Bran's dream fortells a "shadow in golden armor like the sun".

In any case it's of topic. There's already a thread about POV's in general. This is about new POV's,

Fair enough. But I don't want to see any new POVs. We need to get rid of the excess POVs we have. If a new POV is absolutely necessary for a story-related reason, then fine.

My, so many people hating the Dornish and I believing we needed another POV from Dorne besides Hotah lol But I've changed my mind already, I don't think much will happen in Dorne that we might need a POV. Nor at Highgarden - they're probably plotting something, I agree with who suggested it, but I find it very likely it will backfire like the rest of their plans always seem to.

And, whereas I agree that it's fun to try to understand what goes on in KL from Cersei's deranged view, I think we got to a point where she isn't enough for KL. Jon Connington and Arianne might arrive there soon, ok, but we'll still be clueless about what's going on with the Faith, such a major player, unless they keep confronting Cersei non-stop. So, yes, I think we'll have a Tyene POV (but if I have to choose, I'd like a few Euron chapters - a pity we'll never get to understand the only interesting Greyjoy, it's unfair he'll remain just another mad guy in a mad world...)

I think the reason we've got no Tyrell POV's is because it would reveal some pretty heavy spoilers for the series. They're planning something if you ask me. No idea what, but something. Perhaps in book 7 or 8 (yes I think there'll be eight.) we'll get one, but I don't see much purpose for one at the moment. Martin needs to get the Martell and Greyjoy stuff finished or at least tidied up before we ge POV's from another major house.

Exactly. The Tyrells are up to something and we're not meant to know what it is. Same reason we have no Varys or Littlefinger POVs.

My, so many people hating the Dornish and I believing we needed another POV from Dorne besides Hotah lol But I've changed my mind already, I don't think much will happen in Dorne that we might need a POV. Nor at Highgarden - they're probably plotting something, I agree with who suggested it, but I find it very likely it will backfire like the rest of their plans always seem to.

I don't really understand the Dornish hate either. Areo sure is boring as hell but I found Quentyn ok, and for some reason I really like Arianne. I actually think the story would be much improved if Areo's and Ary's chapters were given to her instead. And at least Dorne is already tied to the main plot somewhat. But I digress.

Archived