No more POV, or are there?

protar

Yeah, and since we already have not one but two Barristan sample chapters released, I'd say it is a pretty safe bet he doesn't get dropped.

And didn't Martin say we wouldn't have any new POVs FROM PEOPLE WE HAVEN'T MET YET, or some such thing? Not the same thing as no new POVs at all. Totally different. It would rule out Howland Reed (probably, unless we count Ned's dream) but not Olenna or Euron or any other charcter we've met on screen but haven't had a POV from yet.

Does anyone have the exact language where this is coming from?

No, he said straight-up no new POV's, and that he actually needed to start killing off some of them because he had too many. (He said that last part jokingly, but something tells me he was a little serious also).

One thing to note, The Battle of Mereen was actually supposed to happen in DANCE, but it is one of the chapters that GRRM had to cut out due to size restrictions. I think its safe to say that Selmy will more than likely remain the POV for Mereen.

Also, it's strongly hinted at that Bran will make his way to Howland Reed. Jojen saw it in a green dream that he will lose his life when he returns to Grey Water Watch, indicating that Jojen, Meera, Bran, and Hodor will somehow make it to Howland Reed soon. Possibly through the underground tunnels that have been hinted at by The Children of the Forest.

I trust that GRRM will find a way to make it work without introducing new POVs. And even if he does deviate from his original plan, it doesn't matter. As an author he has all the right to change his mind a thousand times before the book comes out (as long as he doesn't change his mind about the release date that is, but he knows better than that).

I trust that GRRM will find a way to make it work without introducing new POVs. And even if he does deviate from his original plan, it doesn't matter. As an author he has all the right to change his mind a thousand times before the book comes out (as long as he doesn't change his mind about the release date that is, but he knows better than that).

As far as I can tell, there isn't a release date for him to change his mind about?

As far as I can tell, there isn't a release date for him to change his mind about?

Of course there isn't but what I meant is that once it is announced then he better stick to it, I don't care if he changes some other plans like the POV characters but the release date is different. But he has stated he will be much more cautious after ADWD. he won't give us a date until he feels confident he can deliver so I'm sure that won't be a problem. That statement was mainly meant as a joke anyway so..

As an author he has all the right to change his mind a thousand times before the book comes out (as long as he doesn't change his mind about the release date that is, but he knows better than that).

That's it that was the joke-ish line. There's really no more to it than that. I wasn't claiming that there is a release date yet, my point was that I personally could stand him changing his mind about the POV plan (or anything else pertaining to the writing of TWOW) on a daily basis as long as he doesn't do the same with the release date. *insert laugh track*

I might in fact benefit from a troll detector transplant since I have no idea if I'm being trolled right now or not. :)

Archived