86.5 Mafia - The Spanish Inquisition

Tammy

It is Day One.

11 Players Remain:

Combat Wombat, Early Earl, Elenya Westerling, KiDisaster, llllEricllll, Ser-Arthur-Dayne, SnowStorm, The Kingmaker, the maid of woodlynne, TheMalcolm. Verboten.

Six votes are required to Lynch, and Six votes are required to go to Night.

1 Vote for llllEricllll (Verboten)

1 Vote for Ser-Arthur-Dayne (SnowStorm)

1 Vote for SnowStorm (The Kingmaker)

2 Votes for The Kingmaker (Early Earl, Elenya Westerling)

1 Vote for the maid of woodlynne (Combat Wombat)

5 Players Not Voting: KiDisaster, llllEricllll, Ser-Arthur-Dayne, the maid of woodlynne, TheMalcolm

Good to see everyone's posted now.

@Verboten I doubt many of those roles would be used since this is supposed to be a pretty vanilla game. I could see a healer and finder and maybe one other roled innocent, but probably not much more than that. I don't have much experience however so I could very well be wrong.

I think the roles are there to trip up the killers.

:blush: For example, before I got my role, I was looking at the role list to see what I would've fake claimed had I been scum.

Does anyone else think like me? :uhoh:

But I think if you can PREDICT what roles are going to be used, then there is really no point in all the variety. So I can see us having something like a martyr or watcher.

I'm back.

Thoughts so far:

TheMalc jumped at Eric for his name. Don't remember him being that aggressive, but I guess he was just traying to get the game started.

I share Elenya's thought about Maid's reaction. It seemed townish to me as well.

Verboten starts out with role discussion, reposting the whole role list. What's up with that?

Ser Arthur has thought the game through and already came up with a foo-proof strategy (*clapping for applause*)! Duh. I liked that.

@Earl - Malc didn't jump at Eric for his name. Verboten made (what I'm assuming was) a joke vote with the explanation that Eric's name had too many lines in it. When Eric explained the presence of the lines Malc said he was being over-defensive.

I didn't see it that way though, looked like a legitimate explanation to me.

Maid's reaction to the vote on her is kind of null IMO.

<snip>. When Eric explained the presence of the lines Malc said he was being over-defensive.<snap>

ok, he didn't "jump at him", but it was poking him for something that was imo really no big deal. That's why I figured he was more trying to get some game action instead of genuinly pointing out scummy behaviour. And I don't remember him doing that before, but maybe I'm confusing him with HT and even more probably I just don't know his play well enough.

So, did you think I was wrong/scummy pointing that out?

ok, he didn't "jump at him", but it was poking him for something that was imo really no big deal. That's why I figured he was more trying to get some game action instead of genuinly pointing out scummy behaviour. And I don't remember him doing that before, but maybe I'm confusing him with HT and even more probably I just don't know his play well enough.

So, did you think I was wrong/scummy pointing that out?

No not really. I agree with you, it seemed like Malc was just trying to get a reaction from Eric to get things moving.

I'm not too sure. It does seem a bit odd that she kind of just launched right into that upon coming back to the thread. Role discussion can be helpful though obviously and the game had been moving slow all day so it's possible she was just trying to start some back and forth and narrow down how many suspects we're looking for.

Her post saying she missed the line about how many killers there are while reading seems legitimate to me. I don't find the role list to be "insane" though, most of them seem pretty standard. Aside from unblockable which I don't think I've ever seen before. That seems a little crazy since I assume only an FM would have it, unless it's a one-shot thing. Otherwise it would make having a healer/martyr pretty much pointless.

Your thoughts on it? (The role discussion I mean, not the unblockable role specifically :P)

I think the roles are there to trip up the killers.

:blush: For example, before I got my role, I was looking at the role list to see what I would've fake claimed had I been scum.

Does anyone else think like me? :uhoh:

I don't. If I'd have to decide which roll I'd claim as FM before the game, I'd always choose Soldier: not lynchable and not to be prooven wrong. Also, I think it depends a lot on how the game's going: what other claims are made, which roles are probably in the game, how trustworthy appear the other claims and the players etc.... so I think scum would choose later what role to claim, when you can evaluate all those things, and would likely rather be vague about it, as not to be caught in a lie...

Hmm, I'm going to go eat, but so far I somewhat dislike KiD's play overall.

Why's that?

@Verboten, mind explaining that Sephardic comment? As far as I know they were jews living on the iberian peninsula who were driven out by the inquisition. So if that's some private commenting, I'm just being inappropriatly curious, if it's on the game - let's say you feel your ancestors wouldn't approve you playing a mad killer being let loose by that inquisition - feel free to confess now. I'm not intending to be rude, it just caught my eye, as all things I don't understand, so I hope you take no offense...

@ KiDisaster I have no real thoughts on roles yet. As written above, I think it will only be later in the game when assumption about that matter are usefull. In general, I agree that newly introduced roles, or even renamed roles, are likely to be used, but just as often they won't, so...

Hmm, it seems too "pendulum" like. It swings to and fro, but in the end seems to end up where it started.

As long as he's not contradicting himself after too short a while, I think that's natural. Only scum has a strong opinion at the beginning of day 1...

Archived