The Imp Has Left the Building (Spoilers)

Drowsey Dragon

what makes you think he left the building?....

eta im not sure if you noticed, but he is quite small

Tyrion does have the cheek to hide in King's Landing or indeed the castle, just to rub Cersei's nose in it. He would get great pleasure out of it and she would become infuriated (Even more so.)Yet I think GRRM's already done that with Bran and Rickon, doing it twice would just make the readers feel even more stupid!

I still think he would have left King's Landing, for Cersei has too much control and wants to do foul things to the Imp. I think he's fled somewhere with Varys, perhaps to the free cities or perhaps even further a field to Danaerys perhaps.

If I had to guess it would be where Varys is from, I think he is as far away from KL as possible. I still think for Tyrion, it is almost impossible to be seen in public. Everyone will check any imp they see, so he must only be able to travel by night and hide by day. Maybe he will try to find Shagga or Timmet son of Timmet.

ASOS SPOILERS

Though he probably won't learn of it for a while, if he learns that not only Lysa is dead, but that Littlefinger has taken her place with a young, missing Stark, I would hope that he makes his way to the Vale to enact a little vengeance. Whisper it to him, Varys; you know you want to.

It'd be hard for him to remain in King's Landing, considering the Lannisters think he's murdered not one, but two of their own. However Tyrion's never been one to shy away from conflict, however mortal it may appear. He doesn't have many options. He's killed two of the few people who showed him any respect (however little it may have been), and the strong bond between him and his brother is all but broken with Tywin's murder. Varys may respect him, but he's certainly untrustworthy. That leaves who? Who else has shown him any respect? Ah, perhaps Jon Snow. It'd be a huge change of scenery, but Tyrion could find some hope of living there, and it would be a fitting place for a murderer after all.

Nevertheless, I don't think he'd be willing to lose all of his wealth and power. The power move would be an alliance, perhaps with the Martells who are nearly at the brink of all-out war against the Lannisters, and may respect a cunning "insider" to help them with their planning.

Varys has been quoted as saying he is 'for the realm' and many people have become confused as it really looks as though he is only working for himself or at best it has been very unclear who on earth he works for. I think the first clue was the meeting of the two men in the room with the dragon bones (in GOT when Arya was chasing the cat.) One of those men was Varys, the other was the man who was sheltering Viserys and Daenerys before Daenarys was sold to Khal Drogo.

It is clear to me that Varys is in fact working towards Dany becomming queen again because I think he was at the top of his powers when the Targaryens we ruling. Also it is possible that Varys gave the dragon eggs to the man (sorry i have forgotten his name, it has literally slipped right out of my mind!) Who then gives them to Dany.

I think that Varys will help Tyrion to get to Dany and I honestly think it would be brilliant for Dany to have Tyrion on her team because he is wise and clever and has intimate knowledge of Westeros and it's inner workings.

Varys has been quoted as saying he is 'for the realm' and many people have become confused as it really looks as though he is only working for himself or at best it has been very unclear who on earth he works for. I think the first clue was the meeting of the two men in the room with the dragon bones (in GOT when Arya was chasing the cat.) One of those men was Varys, the other was the man who was sheltering Viserys and Daenerys before Daenarys was sold to Khal Drogo.

It is clear to me that Varys is in fact working towards Dany becomming queen again because I think he was at the top of his powers when the Targaryens we ruling. Also it is possible that Varys gave the dragon eggs to the man (sorry i have forgotten his name, it has literally slipped right out of my mind!) Who then gives them to Dany.

I think that Varys will help Tyrion to get to Dany and I honestly think it would be brilliant for Dany to have Tyrion on her team because he is wise and clever and has intimate knowledge of Westeros and it's inner workings.

Magister Illyrio is the man you are talking about. And I must say it's funny to read this stuff from people who don't know what's going to happen yet.

I believe your right thay Varys supports the Targs. He advised the mad king not to open his gates to Tywins host if I recall.

• 2 weeks later...

You talk about the Imp and the Vale and it reminded me about something. Does Tyrion not have a debt to be paid back to the Mountain Clans? He promised them the Eryie (sp?). And I've heard something often repeated about a Lannister always paying his debts.

You talk about the Imp and the Vale and it reminded me about something. Does Tyrion not have a debt to be paid back to the Mountain Clans? He promised them the Eryie (sp?). And I've heard something often repeated about a Lannister always paying his debts.

I believe at this point the three Clans he promised are spread out. I think only one returned to the Vale. Not sure how he could reunite with all of them now.

I am 200 pages into AFFC, and I dont think its a spoiler to say that Tyrion's story hasnt taken any real strides yet. That being said, I believe that Jamie will have to make a choice between his brother and his sister Cercei. A choice between life and death for all involved.

These books have put nearly every character in some amaizingly tough spots. I am seeing a major change in Jamie, not since Tony Soprano have I been captivated by such a horrible person, that I would actually start to pity them and pull for them. The choice between his sister, who Jamie knows is a rotten apple, and his lover. Or, his brother, who Jamie knows was given a raw deal, and has been mistreated by the family since birth.

Most likely, I am way off, but I think that the scenerio would be as tense as anything in the first 3 books. It would also be a clear indicatation whether Jamie was truely changing to a good man. Anyway, just my thoughts

Archived