Status Report

Selmy's Suspicions

Who's up for a challenge? As many of you have, I have been combing these forums for new angles and insight since completing ADwD. I have often considered creating a bulletin board as a visual reminder of the status of all the major characters and plot lines running throughout the five books. As a master procrastinator, I've never gotten around to it. As we all wait desperately for the next installment, I'd be very interested in collecting a "where are they now" status report detailing where everything stands as of the conclusion of ADwD. For instance, Jon Snow may (or may not) be dying/warging/becoming reborn at the wall as a result of getting the Julius Caesar treatment at the Wall. Bran is getting back to nature north of the Wall, seemingly settling in to his new role as chief greenseer. King's Landing is short a Maester and a regent, while Cersei and Margaery await their respective trials at the hands of the Faith. For the major plot lines and characters, I think I'm up to speed. However, every now and then I remember another loose end. For example, isn't someone on the way to Greywater Watch (Mallister, Mormont, and Glover?) to deliver Robb's will to Howland Reed? Aren't Darkstar and the Blackfish running free somewhere with a greater role yet to play? Aren't the Ironborn sailing East with their fleet in search of Danaerys? Isn't Danaerys... oh wait, she really hasn't gone anywhere.

After spending lots of time reading a good chunk of these postings, I know the information is all out there somewhere. Wouldn't it be nice to gather it all together in one thread? Of course, if this has already been done I apologize for missing it and being redundant.

I haven't seen a status report like this anywhere and I love the idea of it!

Ok, so...

Davos is somewhere in the north, looking for Rickon.

Jaime and Brienne are someone in the Riverlands, either dying or betraying each other or looking for the Stark girls.

Stannis is just a few miles from Winterfell with his army, snowbound, and also has Asha as his captive.

Theon is also with Stannis.

Jon may or may not be dead, warging, or resurrecting.

Ramsay and Roose are still in control of Winterfell, if Ramsay's letter is to be believed, and Mance is dead along with the spearwives. Shame, that.

Arya is in the house of the Many-Faced God, learning how to be an assassin. Her direwolf Nymeria is leading a pack wild in the riverlands.

Sansa is in the Vale, learning politics and intrigue from Littlefinger, who's a seriously creepy guy.

Tyrion has joined the Second Sons just outside of Meereen (and hopefully is on his way to join Dany).

Dany is riding Drogon in the Dothraki sea and may or may not have acquired a whole new Dothraki army.

Bran is learning how to be a greenseer and may or may not stay there for the rest of his life. He also may or may not be learning to communicate through the trees and warg into other animals others than Summer.

Summer is with Bran, as are the Greywatch brother and sister.

Rickon is somewhere in the north (possibly Skagos -sp?) with Osha, as far as we know. Shaggydog is also with him as far as we know.

Cersei is in King's Landing, waiting for her trial along with her daughter-in-law, Margaery.

Tommen is also in King's Landing, soon to be joined by Myrcella, (I believe).

Prince of Dorne (can't remember his name) is in Dorne, waiting for his elder son (can't remember his name either) to come back with Dany from Essos.

Prince of Dorne's elder son is dead in Essos, killed in a horrific way by a dragon (which was his own fault but we still feel bad for him cos he was a good guy).

Sir Barristan Selmy is in Meereen, manouvering Dany's allies into battle formation to take down Dany's enemies, the slavers. Barristan is also holding Dany's husband captive for treason.

Zoombie Catelyn (Stoneheart) is in the Riverlands, acting as Judge, Jury, and Executioner of any Freys and Lannisters she can get her hands on.

Horrible Red Woman (Mel) is in Castle Black, trying desperately to get in Jon's pants.

Stannis's wife is in Castle Black also, trying to screw things up for Jon. Shireen is with her but seems to be innocent of all the screwing up for now.

Sam is in the Citadel (that is the name for the place where all the Maesters are taught, right?), having revealed the news that Dany is alive and has Dragons.

Jaquen may or may not be in the Citadel, pretending to be one of the novices and under some secret mission.

Maester Aemon is dead.

Victarion is approaching Meereen with his fleet of over fifty ships.

Crows Eye is raiding somewhere in the south of Westeros.

The Knight of Flowers may or may not be dying of his wounds recieved at the siege of Dragonstone.

The Sand Snakes are on their way to King's Landing.

Tywin is most definitely dead. *maniacal laughter*

Tyrion's favourite uncle (the one who went off traveling and never came back) is at large somewhere but no one knows where.

Jeyne Poole (pretending to be Arya) should be with Stannis and Theon. She's not in Winterfell because Ramsay was looking for her in his letter to Jon, if the letter can be believed.

I can't think of anymore right now, I'll have to review the last book and see who I missed.

Ramsay and Roose are still in control of Winterfell, if Ramsay's letter is to be believed, and Mance is dead along with the spearwives. Shame, that.

Not to nit pick, but per Ramsay's letter, Mance is not dead. He is in a cold cage wearing a coat made up of his slain spear wives.

"Prince of Dorne (can't remember his name) is in Dorne, waiting for his elder son (can't remember his name either) to come back with Dany from Essos."

"Prince of Dorne's elder son is dead in Essos, killed in a horrific way by a dragon (which was his own fault but we still feel bad for him cos he was a good guy)".

The son's names was Prince Quentyn

Kevan Lannister and Grand Maester Pycelle are dead at the hands of Varys and his little birds

Lord Jon Connington, after having taken Storm's End, is waiting along the Kingsroad to ambush the Tyrell force sent to take Storm's End

Paxter Redwyne and his fleet are sailing south to confront Euron and the Ironmen

Sandor Clegane may be at the Quiet Isle.

Ser Balon Swann and Obara Sand are searching for Darkstar in the Dornish Marches.

Archmaester Marwyn is on his way to Slaver's Bay.

Cotter Pyke is at Hardhome, fighting off the storms, wights and starving wildlings.

Benjen Stark is still missing north of the Wall.

So is Tyrek Lannister, but in KL.

Gendry is at the Inn of the Crossroads. Edric Dayne is not.

Edmure Tully is on his way to Casterly Rock, alongside Jeyne Westerling and her famly.

Bryden Tully is missing in the Riverlands.

Now that's what I'm talking about.

Let us not forget, Hot Pie is at the Inn of the Kneeling Man baking up a storm and likely mourning Lommy Greenhands.

Gregor The Mountain may or may not have been reanimated/reinvented (with or without a head) as Ser Robert Strong preparing to champion Cersei.

Edric Storm was whisked away on Davos's orders to... somewhere. (I have to think that something will come of Robert's bastards. It seems like Mya Stone, Gendry, and Edric Storm have received too much ink to be left hanging without some greater role.)

"Prince of Dorne (can't remember his name) is in Dorne, waiting for his elder son (can't remember his name either) to come back with Dany from Essos."

"Prince of Dorne's elder son is dead in Essos, killed in a horrific way by a dragon (which was his own fault but we still feel bad for him cos he was a good guy)".

The son's names was Prince Quentyn

*giggling* For some reason I just can't keep the Martell names in my head. Probably because I don't find them very interesting. Poor Quentyn, he was such a nice guy too.

Now that's what I'm talking about.

Let us not forget, Hot Pie is at the Inn of the Kneeling Man baking up a storm and likely mourning Lommy Greenhands.

Gregor The Mountain may or may not have been reanimated/reinvented (with or without a head) as Ser Robert Strong preparing to champion Cersei.

Edric Storm was whisked away on Davos's orders to... somewhere. (I have to think that something will come of Robert's bastards. It seems like Mya Stone, Gendry, and Edric Storm have received too much ink to be left hanging without some greater role.)

Really, it makes my head spin to think of all Robert Baratheon's bastards just wandering the world, most of them having no clue who they are. I hope they will do something rather than just act as reminders of what a philanderer the old king was.

He was sent to the Stepstones. Where he is now is a mystery.

Moqorro the Red priest sent by High Priest Benerro to help and offer guidance to Daenerys joined Vicarions fleet heading to Mereen. Also he is incredibly accurate when it comes to predicting the future. Plus he Valyrian Dragon Horn that can bend Dragons to the will of its master, who according to Moqorro could be Victarion Greyjoy himself.

Could you expand or explain this? I may have missed it.

Tom O' Sevens is a musician who runs with the Brotherhood Without Banners. In AFFC he meets Jamie Lannister in the Frey camp besieging Riverrun. He speaks of hoping to win a place at court at Riverrun. Daven Lannister, as part of the Red Wedding pact, has been promised to a Frey in marriage. It would seem this wedding may occur at Riverrun, and the BwB (led by Lady Stoneheart) may have the perfect venue for retribution.

Tom O' Sevens is a musician who runs with the Brotherhood Without Banners. In AFFC he meets Jamie Lannister in the Frey camp besieging Riverrun. He speaks of hoping to win a place at court at Riverrun. Daven Lannister, as part of the Red Wedding pact, has been promised to a Frey in marriage. It would seem this wedding may occur at Riverrun, and the BwB (led by Lady Stoneheart) may have the perfect venue for retribution.

Thank you.

Archived