Status Report

Selmy's Suspicions

hal mollen is still missing after being sent north with the ned's bones... which are also presumed missing (probably at GW)

Nice one. Does that leave Hal Mollen as the lone non-Stark survivor of the Winterfell household? That is, if he still survives. I suppose Osha and Hodor could be considered in that category, too. The rest would have perished at King's Landing, the Red Wedding, or at the hands of Theon or Ramsay at Winterfell. Right?

Just one question, where did you guys get the info that Tyrek Lannister is alive and at large somewhere?

Its hypothesised by Jaime in AFFC that Tyrek could be being held by Varys. Think people think that Varys is holding him perhaps to later install him in the West as lord in order to gain westerland support for Aegon,Dany

Nice one. Does that leave Hal Mollen as the lone non-Stark survivor of the Winterfell household? That is, if he still survives. I suppose Osha and Hodor could be considered in that category, too. The rest would have perished at King's Landing, the Red Wedding, or at the hands of Theon or Ramsay at Winterfell. Right?

Old Nan and a few other women were taken to the Dreadfort. I don't think anything conclusive was said about Old Nan, but she may have gotten the Ramsay treatment. :stillsick:

Orton Merryweather and his wife who know a dangerous amount about Cersei's shenanigans are back home in the Reach.

The Kettleblacks are in jail. Their dad is in the Vale.

Tysha is wherever whores go. Or dead.

As of Theon's sample chapter: Justin Massey is using a line of credit from the Iron Bank to hire sellswords in the Free Cities.

Beric Dondarrion is finally dead. Or not.

High Septon now has right to raise an army, but don't know that he will.

And Bronn is a lord in King's Landing.

That's all I can think of right now.

It suddenly occurred to me the other day, while randomly thinking of poor Tysha, that we might have already seen her in Braavos. Remember the prostitutes that Sam meets while he's staying in Braavos? And one of them insists on marrying every man before she has sex with him. I think she was called the Sailor's Wife or something like that.

What if that's Tyrion's wife?

After all, all Tysha knew was that she met a boy who rescued her from thugs, fell in love with him, slept with him, lived with him for a few weeks, and then all of a sudden she was subjected to a mass rape which was ended by her own husband raping her and paying her a gold coin for it. It makes sense that the experience would traumatize her enough that later in life she would relate marriage with subjecting herself to abuse.

Or maybe it was the rage of being accused of being a prostitute when she was Tyrion's lawful wife that led to her insisting on marrying every customer. In her heart she feels that she's never done anything wrong and was forced into this life of prostitution, which is entirely true.

So... Tyrion's wife Tysha may or may not be in Braavos, working as a prostitute.

Jai

The Sailor's Wife is explained as having married a sailor who set off East and never returned.

Sounds like Gerion rather than Tyrion.

Her daughter aged 14 in AFFC is called Lanna.

Oh I forgot about that!

Unless that's just a story she tells people so they won't know what really happened to her. I mean, the truth is not something she'd want to talk about, is it?

How long ago was the Tyrion/Tysha disaster? A good 15-16 years ago? Is that right? Come to think about it... The Sailor's Wife has a 14-year-old daughter named Lanna. Lanna. Lanna...

Does the name Lanna sound like Lannister to you guys?

Maybe I'm talking crazy. I don't know.

Okay here's a theory (please feel free to poke holes if you have other info that disputes it): when reading the books I definitely thought the Sailor's Wife was Tysha. Now when did Gerion leave Casterly Rock. Could he have known what Tywin did to Tyrion (still for the most part a boy and under his father's control) and left in part because of what happened with Tysha and Tyrion. It seems like most of the house Lannister knew of Tyrion and Tysha and the "lesson" Tywin taught him. What if Gerion took Tysha to Braavos to get away from Tywin and what if Gerion later found out that she was with child. Tyrion child (well hopefully, but who knows after what happened to her) and since she and Tyrion were married that child (Lanna, sounds like it is a Lannister name for sure) is a trueborn child of Casterly Rock! Given that Cersei's children are Baratheons (well we know better) and Jaime took the white, then Lanna is the heir to Casterly Rock. Lots of What Ifs but I wouldn't put it past GRRM. Plus that could answer what happened to Gerion if he left Braavos to return to the Rock and died en route or Tywin really didn't like what he had to say.

here's another theory....justin massey hiring sellswords in braavos gives martin a perfect way of getting Arya back to westeros and near the wall. She get's hitched as a page or squire...BOOM... back in westeros and in position to give the gift to any number of pov's or other characters. plus it gets her near jon, fake arya, and possibly rickon....as well as her wolf

Old Nan and a few other women were taken to the Dreadfort. I don't think anything conclusive was said about Old Nan, but she may have gotten the Ramsay treatment. :stillsick:

We should have an Old Nan POV killing Ramsay with a stick, then being rescued by Hodor and carried back to Winterfell.

Okay here's a theory (please feel free to poke holes if you have other info that disputes it): when reading the books I definitely thought the Sailor's Wife was Tysha. Now when did Gerion leave Casterly Rock. Could he have known what Tywin did to Tyrion (still for the most part a boy and under his father's control) and left in part because of what happened with Tysha and Tyrion. It seems like most of the house Lannister knew of Tyrion and Tysha and the "lesson" Tywin taught him. What if Gerion took Tysha to Braavos to get away from Tywin and what if Gerion later found out that she was with child. Tyrion child (well hopefully, but who knows after what happened to her) and since she and Tyrion were married that child (Lanna, sounds like it is a Lannister name for sure) is a trueborn child of Casterly Rock! Given that Cersei's children are Baratheons (well we know better) and Jaime took the white, then Lanna is the heir to Casterly Rock. Lots of What Ifs but I wouldn't put it past GRRM. Plus that could answer what happened to Gerion if he left Braavos to return to the Rock and died en route or Tywin really didn't like what he had to say.

This fits the time line better.Gerion set sail 10 years prior to the events in AFFC,when Tyrion was 18.

This would age any daughter between Tyrion and Tysha at around 14yrs.

If Gerion was the father he would have to have fathered her 4-5 years before his voyage.He has a daughter living in Lannisport? called Joy Hill aged about 10-11.Mother unknown.

So,your post has real possibilities.

Does anyone know who the knight of the three moths is? Is it the bastard of Driftmark, previously left at Dragonstone?

Whoever he is he seems to be one of Stannis' most trusted knights, but I can't seem to identify him.

I may be a bit slower on this item: Since Rob sent them out have any of the characters charged with delivering his will been seen? And where?

Archived