Leaders of Houses in the End

ledlevee

Then Tomman remains in the iron throne ?

I do not dislike Tommen, but he can't remain on the throne as he is not the true king and it would reward Cercei's treachery, debauchery, and evilness.

I haven't decided who I want sitting on the Iron Throne, but it can't be one of Cercei's spawn. I'm open to other choices.

I'm with those who think the Iron Throne was a bad idea in the first place and it's better for each house to rule itself and its territory. Maybe have a council of kings or something like that in the end. Of course this will only work if there are no Targs or Baratheons left at the end of the series, and I for one think there won't be.

Though not the leader of a great house (or perhaps because of this fact), I think it's foolish to overlook the role Littlefinger will play in the story's resolution. At least nominally, he currently rules the Vale and the Trident, and holds the seat at Harrenhall. As it stands, his fate seems closely linked to that of the Lannisters, but there's every reason to believe his power may grow rather than diminish. Who's to say he won't permanently sway Sansa to his way of thinking, or even wed her? Given the way GRRM deftly changes the way the readers feel about and react to his characters, I could see Littlefinger becoming not only more powerful, but also heroic. Then, of course, there's his connection to Varys. Behind the scenes, it sems LF, Varys, and (to a lesser extent) Illyrio are calling most of the shots in Westeros. Depending on whether or not their agendas are in sync, this group could all wind up being seated when the music stops. Anything could happen, but it sure seems like Littlefinger is usually a few steps ahead of the major houses.

You're right on a lot of points, but I just can't help feeling that Littlefinger is in over his head at this point. He had a lot of influence when he was behind the scenes in King's Landing, but now he's out in the open as the leader of a major house. I think he'd have been better off playing the game behind the scenes the way Varys is. Therefore, I think Varys will have the upper hand, and I do think their agendas will cross, rather than run parallel. Littlefinger wants the North, but it seems Varys is trying to win the entire Seven Kingdoms for somebody (whether it be Aegon, Dany, or whomever). I don't think he'll be too happy with Littlefinger trying to take half his kingdom.

On the other hand, perhaps Aegon could win the seven kingdoms and Littelfinger could work it out so Sansa marries him, in which case, maybe he and Varys could work out a deal to run things from behind the scenes. I don't know. I don't see this happening. They seem to be rivals to me.

There is much talk of the iron throne being a bad idea. I couldn't disagree more. The United States is better than 50 individual states. Great Britain is better than simply being England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. One Germany is better than a collection of Germanic States.

Aegon the Conqueror saw the benefits of unity: numbers for defense of the entire realm, coordination for economic prosperity, common rules of law, defined borders leading to less warfare.

Before unification Dorne, the Reach and the Stormlands fought border wars beyond count. The ironmen were able to raid and carve out large territories with impunity. Unification and centralized government abated these problems and others like it. If sickness breaks out in the Riverlands, the Hightowers cannot charge an arm and a leg for maesters and other healers to help solve the problem.

I think the people through near 300 years of Targaryen unification saw the benefits of being one Kingdom and will be wary of going back. If the Kingdoms do separate, it will no be long before the stronger kingdoms begin to prey on the weaker kingdoms and more wars will be fought. Not to mention the infighting within each individual kingdom.

The iron throne was and is a great idea.

at this point there is no way for them to go back to seperate kingdoms theres still 5 major contenders for the iron throne the only way it could happen is if all the "kings" died and the remaining people decided to create a democracy, this sounds much to far-fetched for grrm i think it will be a targ who returns the kingdom to peace(history repeats itself)either if r+l=j is true or dany using the dragons or even aegon building a massive army and laying siege to all of westeros(his father believed him to be some sort of prophet when he was born)

at this point there is no way for them to go back to seperate kingdoms theres still 5 major contenders for the iron throne the only way it could happen is if all the "kings" died and the remaining people decided to create a democracy, this sounds much to far-fetched for grrm i think it will be a targ who returns the kingdom to peace(history repeats itself)either if r+l=j is true or dany using the dragons or even aegon building a massive army and laying siege to all of westeros(his father believed him to be some sort of prophet when he was born)

I agree. The whole story always seemed like it was intended to end in Targ restoration. The only question is which Targ or combination of Targs: Jon alone, Jon plus Dany, Dany alone, Aegon alone, Aegon plus Dany, or Aegon, Jon and Dany.

Its all about how we get there.

Here's my guesses:

Tully/Riverrun: Edmure

Arryn/The Vale: After restoring Edmure to Riverrun, Blackfish gets rid of Littlefinger and the Vale rallys around him.

Lannister: I'd like to see Tyrion hold it much to Tywin's chagrin, but I'd suspect the Varys/Tyrek theory could happen.

Barratheon: I'd prefer Gendy to Edric Storm, but I can't see how Gendry would be legitimized. Everyone who knows he's Robert's bastard are dead except LittleFinger

Martel: I'd suspect Doran is still around sitting on fluffy silk cushions doing absolutely nothing.

Frey: I like the idea of a complete massacre, but there are so many at least a few are bound to survive, but most likely without a seat at the Twins.

Boltons: Last hearth given to Mance Ryder after Roose and Ramsey meet their end.

Greyjoy: I'm not really sure I care. But I'll go with The Reader or Damphair after Victarion, Crow's Eye, Asha and Theon all die.

Tyrell: I say they are extinct. They are the least known of the major houses so I have no attachement to any of them whatsoever.

Targaryen: I'll go with Dany here, even though at her snails pace it seems she'll never make it back to Westeros.

and finally the Starks and Winterfell: I'm not sure who I think will end the series there, so I'll go all crackpot for this one: Bran moves his Weirwood throne to the Godswood in Winterfell to be the next legendary Stark.

House Stark: Rickon Stark

Bran's gonna end up a tree :(

I have high hopes for Manderly & White Harbour.

The Boltons we will extinct :D Cloaks and rugs of the finest Bolton hides:P

House Tully: Edmure Tully

The Freys are goners; the fish of the riverlands will feast upon the corpses of the Freys.

Harrenhall will remain abandoned.

House Arryn: Harrold Hardying & Sansa Stark

House Lannister: Tyrion Lannister.

He's gonna claim what is truly his by right. OR Tyrek is a possibility, as mentioned in previous posts, the Spider's got some kind of plan for him.

House Tyrell: Willas Tyrell or Maggie's what? 4th husband!!? (sorry i lost count -_-)

House Martell: Arianne Martell with Areo & the Sand Snakes by her side.

House Baratheon: Shireen or Edric Storm

House Targayren: Extinct... :(

Danys can't have children and i get a feeling Young Griff a.k.a. Aegon is a fake.

House Greyjoy: Asha Greyjoy

The Night's Watch: Jorah Mormont

House Stark: Rickon Stark

Bran's gonna end up a tree :(

I have high hopes for Manderly & White Harbour.

The Boltons we will extinct :D Cloaks and rugs of the finest Bolton hides:P

House Tully: Edmure Tully

The Freys are goners; the fish of the riverlands will feast upon the corpses of the Freys.

Harrenhall will remain abandoned.

House Arryn: Harrold Hardying & Sansa Stark

House Lannister: Tyrion Lannister.

He's gonna claim what is truly his by right. OR Tyrek is a possibility, as mentioned in previous posts, the Spider's got some kind of plan for him.

House Tyrell: Willas Tyrell or Maggie's what? 4th husband!!? (sorry i lost count XD)

House Martell: Arianne Martell with Areo & the Sand Snakes by her side.

House Baratheon: Shireen or Edric Storm

House Targayren: Extinct...:(

Danys can't have children and i get a feeling Young Griff a.k.a. Aegon is a fake.

House Greyjoy: Asha Greyjoy

The Night's Watch: Jorah Mormont

Stark - Rickon. Bran probably won't leave the cave, and I think the girls will back Rickon when they reappear. Just hope Rickon isn't too damaged by his ruined childhood and the influence of cannibals.

Tully - I'm rooting for Edmure. I don't really like him that much, but the guy's been through enough.

Baratheon - Edric Storm - legitimised by Stannis as his heir after Shireen dies of Greyscale (it's inevitable :( )

Greyjoy - Asha. As a character, I prefer Victarion, but the Greyjoy men are all a little messed up and Asha is pretty sane.

Arryn - Yeah, they're going down. Either Harry the Heir gets the Vale or the Royces.

Lannister - Tyrion. Come on. He has to survive the series.

Martell - Arianne. I actually really like Arianne and if she learns how to be shrewd and cautious from her father while retaining her fire then she could rule Dorne very well.

Tyrell - Willas

Targaryen - Jon. If he isn't, then I'd quite like him to be King Beyond the Wall. But yeah, Jon is the best Targ.

Frey - extinct, or being led by a nice Frey, like Olyvar.

Bolton - extinct. They should have been gotten rid of centuries ago. Their Flaying Fetish is too wierd.

Night's Watch - There probably won't be a NW, but if there is then I think Jorah should be LC, as there isn't really a place for him anywhere else and it's what Papa Bear wanted :crying:

Stark= I think Rickon is the Lord of Winterfell but Bran won't be dead.Also Arya will be alive too.

Baratheon= I will go with Shereen( She will marry Rickon :D) but probably Edric or Gendry are reallastic choises.

Bolton= Kill them all GRRM:D

Frey= Ser Perwin was a good guy and he helped Cat a lot, so I want him to be the leader.

Targs= I don't like Dany and she is likely to be dead so I think they will be Extinct

Tyrell= Willas is the leader and they will remain as a strong House

Martell=Arianne if she learns something from her father and be less like Sand Snakes

Lannister= I want to go with Tyrion but I think he will end up being dead so I go with Myrcella.

Frey= Ser Perwin was a good guy and he helped Cat a lot, so I want him to be the leader.

If UnCat has her way i don't think there would be ANY Frey's left. Their House would probably be killed off and their lands and keep be presented to a more worthy bannermen. "The North Remembers."

If UnCat has her way i don't think there would be ANY Frey's left. Their House would probably be killed off and their lands and keep be presented to a more worthy bannermen. "The North Remembers."

Cat is not compeltely idiot. she still remeber stuff. she just wants to revenge everyone that was related to Red Wedding and Ned's killing. She doesn't have any reason to kill Perwin. but even if she kill him I won't care. Kill All The Freys :D

Archived