Leaders of Houses in the End

ledlevee

No love for Arya I think it would be cool for her and Gendry to finally fufill their parents wishes and combine the Starks and Baratheon's in one house and rule Winterfell while another bastard holds the throne Jon with Dany as Queen and Tyrion as the Hand, and maybe the Bear can be at the Wall collecting tolls at the wall LOL

No love for Arya I think it would be cool for her and Gendry to finally fufill their parents wishes and combine the Starks and Baratheon's in one house and rule Winterfell while another bastard holds the throne Jon with Dany as Queen and Tyrion as the Hand, and maybe the Bear can be at the Wall collecting tolls at the wall LOL

Stark - Rickon, with Sansa as protector

Baratheon - if we're lucky, King Stannis. If not, extinct.

Lannister - Maybe Tyrion, or a lesser cousin if Tyrion dies.

Arryn - extinct.

Tully - Edmure

Tyrell - Willas

Martell - Trystane. To me, Arianne has a big "DEAD SOON" sign above her head. And Doran is already dying for a slightly longer time than an average operatic tenor.

Bolton - extinct. Although Roose without power and Walda and a lot of kids would be a lovely option.

Frey - a few of them left, but the Twins will be destroyed.

Targaryen - officially extinct, non-officially there will be Jon but he ignores it and keeps his vows.

Florent - can they just DIE THE FUCK OUT?

Greyjoy - Asha is the only option.

Arryn: Robert's a goner. Littlefinger's the king of manipulation, but I think Manderly will beat him in the quest for the north. He seems like quite the game player himself. So Arryn house doesn't make it, IMHO.

I don't think it'll be that simple. I have a sneaky suspicion that young Sweetrobin will inevitably be Littlefinger's downfall. LF has neglected and ignored him and left him out of his plans too much, and that oversight will somehow lead to his death. He'll never see it coming.

Why does everyone seem to think Mance Rayder will get the Bolton's property? Because he's currently a prisoner of thiers? By that right, The Dreadfort should be given over to Theon Greyjoy for all the suffering he's endured at the Bastard's hands.

And what's to become of the lands that the Cleganes ruled?

I don't expect Mance to die and he has the allegiance of the wildlings when he shows up again alive. Bolton has the second largest holdings in the north, and I don't expect his house to have survivors at the end. It won't be a gift, it is just what he will take since I do expect him to have an alliance with Jon that will prevent him from claiming winterfell territory along with the hostility that would incurr from other northern lords. They won't care as much about him controlling land of a traitor family that is extinct.

Theon will never be redeemed in the north, his betrayal of Rob cost them the war and lives in every holding. It doesn't even matter he didn't actually kill Bran and Rikken,any northerner besides Bolton would kill him outright.

Theon's betrayal of Rob didn't cost them the war. Yeah he sacked Winterfell, but I think it was the fact that Rob couldn't keep it in his pants that cost them the war.

You're right about Theon though, he will never be redeemed in the north...the north remembers.

Theon's betrayal of Rob didn't cost them the war. Yeah he sacked Winterfell, but I think it was the fact that Rob couldn't keep it in his pants that cost them the war.

You're right about Theon though, he will never be redeemed in the north...the north remembers.

I actually believe that the broken marriage pact was just a convenient excuse. Had the north been on the verge of forcing the Iron Throne to recognize the independence of the North and Riverlands, Lord Walder Frey would of likely remained on the winning side, and simply used Robb's indiscretion to take the lion's share of the spoils of war after the fact.

Instead the North was on the verge of losing the war. The Karstarks had all but abandoned the cause, a third of their forces were smashed at Duskendale, and they had to withdraw most of their army from the frontlines to retake the North. Walder Frey's loyalty in the past has always been to the winning side, and that side had become the Lannisters.

As for Theon, I think his future is going to be an interesting one. My guess is he's going to get a stay of execution, from Bran. Theon's compromised mental state could make him susceptible to skinchanging. Bran could use him as a way to communicate with those south of the wall. I'd love to see a Theon PoV while someone is skinchanged into him,

Of course I don't think he's going to be in a leadership position in the end, and certainly not in the North. Even if he's somehow pardoned for his crimes, the truth is the Northmen will never accept an Ironborn ruler. Who knows who will end up with the Dreadfort. Maybe one of the Stark children (one who doesn't get Winterfell) or perhaps House Manderly will be rewarded for their assistance in retaking the North. Or heck, maybe it's time the Wulls join the big league.

Well, I agree and disagree. It was not so much Robb not being able to keep it in his pants as it was his compulsive sense of honor (i.e. being too much like his father, RIP Ned) that doomed him in the end. Breaking the marriage pact cost him the allegiance of the Freys, and set the stage for the Red Wedding. There were lots of other little mistakes along the way, like letting tension between him and Rickard Karstark (thanks, Catelyn) escalate into execution.

But Theon's betrayal is what cost Robb Roose Bolton. Granted it was just a matter of time before Roose betrayed Robb, but when Theon seized Winterfell, Roose decided that the King in the North was a lost cause, and began plotting his betrayal with Tywin. The futile assault on Duskendale was Roose's doing, as was the Red Wedding. The blame does not fall squarely on Theon's shoulders, though, as invading the North was not his idea, nor was he the only Greyjoy to command Ironmen in the North.

Catelyn's grief over her belief that Theon had Bran and Rickon beheaded was what impelled her to free Jaime Lannister, effectively forfeiting the North's protection against Lannister treachery. If Jaime had remained imprisoned in Riverrun, Tywin would never have risked something like the Red Wedding.

But Theon's betrayal is what cost Robb Roose Bolton. Granted it was just a matter of time before Roose betrayed Robb, but when Theon seized Winterfell, Roose decided that the King in the North was a lost cause, and began plotting his betrayal with Tywin. The futile assault on Duskendale was Roose's doing, as was the Red Wedding. The blame does not fall squarely on Theon's shoulders, though, as invading the North was not his idea, nor was he the only Greyjoy to command Ironmen in the North.

There are too many factors at play to point at one single event or decision and say, "This is where it all went wrong!". So here if we backtrack a bit, Robb is the one who makes the decision to send Theon to the Iron Islands (against Catelyn's council) thus awarding him the opportunity to attack Winterfell. And even with these problems on Robb's home front, I'm not sure Roose would be willing or able to plan anything as big as the RW without Frey involvement, who in turn would have stuck with Robb if he hadn't broken the marriage pact.

not that it will ever happen, but my fairytale fanfiction is marriage between Arya and Edric Dayne, then Arya will be new Sword of the Morning. yeah, a girl can dream :blushing:

Stark: Bran the Wizard married myrcella with rickon as heir

Lannister: Tyrion and marg

Baratheon: Shireen +husband

Arryn: Robert arryn

Greyjoy: Theon or asha

Martell: Arianne.

Targaryen: Aegon and Sansa (dany will forced to play the second fiddle)

Tully: Edmure Tully

Frey: the twins demolished and the freys digraced three nobles houses arise from its fall with houses whitegate (big walder), greybrigde (olyvar) black tower (perwyn)

Bolton: Extinct and replaced with the Catstarks Arya and Tommen

Night's Watch: formes together with the GC part of the Royal army

Tyrion will eventually die, Sansa will inherit through him Casterly Rock, them marry either Robert or Harry the heir, if sweet Robin dies, and have the Eyrie too. Bran (if still alive and back) will dismiss rule of Winterfall and Sansa will rule as regent untill Rickon comes of age. Edmure dies and Sansa and her new hasband control the Riverlands also, Freys will become extinct or seriously weakened as a House. So Sansa somehow will have control over the whole North.

The Elder Brother will end up being Rhaegar (identified by old Griff) and will reveal himself when hears of his "son's" reappearance. He will rule the South. The Reach, through either Willas or Lord Garlan, will swear allegiance. Arianne, if alive, or Trystane will be given Sunspear to rule.

House Baratheon is gone and if Theon dies so is House Greyjoy. If by some chance he lives, he will swear allegiance to Sansa.

NightWatch is transformed as an institution and occupied by wildlings to watch over the Wall.

Jon if not dead, dies later on and so Daenerys but first produces and heir to continue the Targaryen line.

or none of these..... :cool4:

Robb lost the war because when he did not join his forces to Renly's. This would have comined the forces of the North, Riverlands, Reach and Stormlands. I also suspect that Dorne and the Vale would have followed. The Vale lords already wanted to join Robb against the Lannisters from the start and we know how Dorne feels about the Lannisters. The war could have been over in under a year. Its likely that Tywin would have had to bend the knee just to save house Lannister. Renly was even willing to let Robb keep his crown in exchange for fealty. This is the move that cost Robb the war.

Robb lost the war because when he did not join his forces to Renly's. This would have comined the forces of the North, Riverlands, Reach and Stormlands. I also suspect that Dorne and the Vale would have followed. The Vale lords already wanted to join Robb against the Lannisters from the start and we know how Dorne feels about the Lannisters. The war could have been over in under a year. Its likely that Tywin would have had to bend the knee just to save house Lannister. Renly was even willing to let Robb keep his crown in exchange for fealty. This is the move that cost Robb the war.

Like father like son. Had Ned accepted Renly's offer in King's Landing, the war may never have happened and the realm would not have suffered like it did.

Stark - Rickon, he is so young that his inclusion in the story seems to just be so House Stark continues

Targaryan - Danarys, who will give birth to a male heir from Jon "T." Snow, and will rule the 7 kingdoms

Arryn - Sweetrobin. Be it magic or something else, at some point he starts getting better, largely thanks to Sansa and marries Wylla Maderlay and continue House Arryn

Baratheon - Gendry gets legitimized and rules the stormlands, Edric Storm is his fathers child, meaning Dany will likely hate him, while Gendry is much more sensible while also having his father's legendary strength

Tully - Edmure, with Rosalin and their son

Bolton - Goners

Tyrell - Willas, who ends up marrying Robb's widow

Martel - Trystan, Arianne is too impulsive to survive this series

Umber - The Greatjon, he survived the Red Wedding, so I think he makes it

The Nights Watch - Jorah Mormont, fulfilling his father's dying wish, despite an initial refusal

Lannister - Goners, Harry Hadryng and Sansa become Lord and Lady of Casterly Rock. Too much emphasis has been put on the Rains of Castemere and how they ended the Reynes for House Lannister to endure.

Greyjoy - Done, Euron seems half psychotic, Victarion's ambition will kill him, Theon is broken, Asha will never be accepted by the Ironborn, and the Damphair will drown for good at some point. None of them survive.

Frey - The one who squired for Robb, can't remember his name. He wouldn't take part in the Red Wedding and he'll be helping the good guys before long.

Manderlay - The one who was returned as hostage

Tarly - Mance Rayder's kid, whom people think is Sam's bastard

Wildlings - Integrated into the North where they are largely still the Free Folk

Stark - Bran will return and rebuild Winterfell with the help of Stannis and live his time there are Warden of the North until the end of his life, at which time he merges with the weirwood tree. Rickon may not survive the journey back, depending on the snows. After finishing her duties at the House of Black and White, Arya will be an agent of Him of Many Faces, while serving under her brother at Winterfell.

Lannister - Warden of the West. Not only is he clever enough to ensure his seat, but he is very hard to kill. Varys may suffer his demise at his hands. Should Jamie confront Tyrion about his father's death, he may die, otherwise I put him at the Wall.

Tyrell - Willas I think is the only one of this house left.

Martell - Probably Arienne

Baratheon - Most of Stannis's men had been in the march to and battle for Winterfell. Stannis will fall, but be reborn by Mellisandre and the Red God R'hollor. He will then bend the knee.

Arryn - Robin will not survive. Cornbray will not wait out Baelish's trial year. As a squire of house Hardyng, he will have to fight on either the side of Baelish or Cornbray. Either way, he will not survive the fight; Baelish arranges this because he plans on marrying Sansa and await his time for Warden of the North.

Greyjoy - Perhaps as a bit of intermediate gruesome before Dany's invasion and Round 2 commences. Asha will try to escape, only to be given as a sacrifice to R'hollor. Victarion will die before he gets to Dany.

Targaryen - Dany will get help from Khal Jhaqo after seeing Drogon, and aid her as she goes across the Narrow Sea. Aegon VI will hold Storm's End for some time, before Dorne sees him as a threat and wipes him out.

Tully - Edmure's body will show up on a tide somwehere. Catelyn will probably go into hiding until things have passed.

Frey - Although numerous as they are, none of the Walder children seem to have the cunning of Walder. When he dies, the house will crumble quickly and the riverlands will swear to the north.

Bolton - The north remembers.

The Night's Watch. The wildlings will soon make thier way down through the seven kingdoms, as the would have settled in the Gifts, given to them by Jon Snow. Sam will have risen very far at the Citadel. He will return to the wall with a chain. Longclaw eventually gets back to a Mormont. All that as per his will.

Stark - Rickon is the most likely one. I think Bran will come back, but will give the ruling to his brother and help him with it.

Lannister - I would love to say Tyrion, but I think their house will be dead. They were the strongest at the start, they will be dead at the end.

Tyrell - Lancel, after getting kicked out of the KG. I don't think they are going to be a great house at the end of the series.

Martell - Arianne would be the obvious choice. I'dd still love to see man being their leader, so I'dd say Tristane.

Arryn - Robin, he will be healed in yet another magical way!

Targ - Jon, I think Danny will marry him, while Aegon will die while fighting, like his father.

Baratheon - Stannis seems like a show of the fighter Robert used to be. I think he will die in TWOW. Edric, there is no way he is not going to play a big role after the whole chapter and risking of saving his ass.

Frey - That's a hard one.I believe most of them will be killed/burned.

Bolton -Who?

Greyjoy - I would love to say Asha, but I don't think she will survive the series either. Maybe Victarian?

Night's Watch - After what Jon did in the last book it's pretty obvious that's the end of the Wall. I think Mance will be made lord of the new lands, that are beyond the wall.

The key one has to be House Stark if it will still exist as that will largely determine all the others.

Rickon is the Obvious choice then If there is an Iron Throne Its going to have to be a Stark or our favourite Targ-Stark combo

Of the Others

Lannister - Tyrion or House wiped out

Tyrell - Willas

Martell - Doran (any point in him dying?)

Arryn - Sansa

Baratheon - Tough one Stannis but would he stand aside for anyone on iron throne, If not him then Eric Storm

Frey - Wiped out Hee hee

Bolton - as above

Greyjoy - The book one (name escapes me at moment)

NW - Sam

Stark: Rickon is the likely choice, the only Stark that actually stands a chance of returning and ruling.

Lannister: we would all love to see Tyrion as the Lord of Casterly Rock - therefore, it will probably never happen. I agree Varys may have plans for tyrek, but I don't see him as the new lord. It's unlikely Jaime will survive, but he's smart enough, so who knows? My guess would be that either Tommen or, most likely, Myrcella, gets the Rock.

Tully: I hate Edmure, so I'm hoping he'll have some disgusting end. but I agree he's more likely to get Riverrun back - although that actually depends on who gets the Throne in the end. If I had to choose, I'd love to see Blackfish as the new lord.

Arryn: Robert is a goner, too sickly to survive, with or without Littlefinger plotting against him. So I'm betting on Harry and Sansa.

Baratheon: is it that impossible that someone would legitimize Edric Storm? But, again, I think that depends on who gets the Throne at certain point, although it's not impossible Stannis might leave a will legitimizing him. Just like it's not that impossible Stannis himself survives (wishful thinking?). If Shireen survives, chances are Edric marries her, but it's very unlikely.

Tyrell: Wyllas, the only one who seems to have some sense there. Unless he gets involved in the wars somehow, and ends up dying, then I'd bet on Garlan.

Martell: I like to think Arianne will be the new ruler, but she might die on the way, so her little brother would be the new lord.

The Targaryens: either Jon survives and gets the Throne in the end, or the Targs will be extinct. I don't see Daenerys responsible for its perpetuation.

The Night's Watch: once they get to an agreement with the wildlings and the Others are defeated, will it really be necessary? And it the Wall actually falls, and no one has the knowledge to erect a new one, how would there even be a Watch? I think it will either be a small patrol force scattered around the North, or it will simply cease to exist. As to the new LC, I'd bet on one of the guys Jon put on command of the "new" castles on the wall. But what I'd really like to see is Jorah as LC...

What I'm really curious about is the marriage alliances. How things will be, which house it will be worth marrying into, because right now I really don't have a clue! All I know is that as long as the Lannisters have gold, they're a good catch, but the rest is just as unpredictable as usual.

I think there is a good chance for a triangle between Aegon, Arya, and Ned Dayne.

The utter irony that Arya could become Queen if Aegon is real, would be unexpected, and she could fall into his group as a sellsword herself to get back to Westeros, perhaps via Massey, because I don't think she can ever forget who she is, thus coming into Aegons radar.

(I'm just reminded of the conversation with her and Ned when he talks to her about her future, and she said no, thats not me- thats Sansa).

And given the symbolic name of her Direwolf, Nymeria, I think that could be a hint her fate is with the Dornish, and again, if Aegon is real, his Mother was Dornish, and then theres Ned.

(I suppose I'm not that sold on Gendry).

Thats my two cents. :)

Archived