Jaime and Jon Snow

coalstrawbean

This episode featured a scene that wasn't in the novel with Jaime having a conversation with Jon. Does anyone else feel like these two characters will meet again somewhere down the line in future episodes/books? The showrunners had a tight ten hours to work with and I can't imagine them adding new scenes frivolously. Though it may have just been a treat to the fans who haven't seen these two beloved characters interact in the books. Jaime was acting like a smug jerk/creep towards Jon and I feel like eventually Jon might put him in his place somehow. Thoughts?

• 5 months later...

I liked it!

Well sort of.

It played into the theme about oaths and honour, with Jaime's description of the NW paralleling his own experience in the kingsguard.

Shame Jon looked so thick throughout the whole thing but that's the perennial.

Like most of the embellishments in S1, this was one that I enjoyed.

I love the awkward mano y mano moment and Jaime's rather sarcastic quip about the Night's Watch being an "elite force", which is entirely lost on Jon at this point.

It's alllllllllllllllll about character Development, Every Bit. Every Single Bit of added dialogue, Every made up scene. Because In the world Of screen writing they have to add stuff in to show off a character.

Take it you didn't watch season 2 then?

• 2 weeks later...

They probably just wanted to establish Jaime more as a character. Including a major character like Jon doesn't hurt either. If I recall correctly Jaime has a ridiculously low amount of screen time in S1/S2 so they probably thought it required to familiarize everyone with him.

Archived