Mya Stone

Can't wait to see what happens to Peyton. Latest reports is that "everyone and I mean everyone" thinks he ends up with the Skins. Should be interesting...

Okay. Yes. Put him in Eli's division. Make them play each other twice a year. Do it now, Danny Snyder! This will give you the free agent boner to end all free agent boners!

Can't wait to see what happens to Peyton. Latest reports is that "everyone and I mean everyone" thinks he ends up with the Skins. Should be interesting...

Where'd you hear this? All I've heard is the Skins were interested along with every other team not starting a future hall of famer and the Titans.

I'm still more than a little skeptical. The Skins don't have much in the way of "good" WRs and O-lineman. About all the Skins have going for 'em is Mike Shanahan's friendship with Peyton and a whole lot of "want". But unless Shanny's got the power of hypnotism, and with his death stare I wouldn't put it past him, but otherwise hard for me to picture.

No!!! He needs to come to the Jets so that there can either can either be a movie/tv show/NY Post headline/something else called "The Mannings take Manhattan"

I guessed this outcome at Chef's Super Bowl get-together, but people pointed out that if he had a choice, Manning probably would not want to co-exist with the Shanahans.

Where'd you hear this? All I've heard is the Skins were interested along with every other team not starting a future hall of famer and the Titans.

I'm still more than a little skeptical. The Skins don't have much in the way of "good" WRs and O-lineman. About all the Skins have going for 'em is Mike Shanahan's friendship with Peyton and a whole lot of "want". But unless Shanny's got the power of hypnotism, and with his death stare I wouldn't put it past him, but otherwise hard for me to picture.

This is the latest I read. Just a throwaway comment but still.

This is the latest I read. Just a throwaway comment but still.

Hey, I'll take it. I know the Skins have a horrible track record with FAs but this is Peyton freakin' Manning. That's worth the gamble every single damn time when you don't have a QB. Infact when you don't have a QB, anything you do to address it is a gamble. But I'll bet on the 4 time MVP who last we saw was still playing at an incredibly high level.

Anyway Joe Theismann thinks it's a horrible idea which further convinces me it's something to pursue.

Hey, I'll take it. I know the Skins have a horrible track record with FAs but this is Peyton freakin' Manning. That's worth the gamble every single damn time when you don't have a QB. Infact when you don't have a QB, anything you do to address it is a gamble. But I'll bet on the 4 time MVP who last we saw was still playing at an incredibly high level.

Anyway Joe Theismann thinks it's a horrible idea which further convinces me it's something to pursue.

Yeah, I think of us at the frontrunners in the Manning sweepstakes although it is possibly just becuase I follow Redskins News and not the rumor mill from other teams. Trent Dilfer and Mark Shlereth both seemed to think that the Redskins were a viable landing spot for him, and that in all likelihood Jeff Saturday would go with him (possibly Wayne as well).

I am less excited about this than you. I think that if we had Peyton Manning at 100% healthy (but still 36 years old) we have a good chance of making the playoffs the next couple of years. But he is already fading, and I can't see us pulling past Green Bay or New Orleans with our enemic offense. Even getting out of the division will be tough, since Philly is going to be better this year, and the Giants aren't going anywhere. I suppose you can argue that all you need to do is get hot in the playoffs, but that seems like awfully wishful thinking. This sounds like a move that (at best) will temporarily move us from a 4th tier to 2nd tier NFC squad. And that's assuming he's fully recovered, which nobody really knows.

I am less excited about this than you. I think that if we had Peyton Manning at 100% healthy (but still 36 years old) we have a good chance of making the playoffs the next couple of years. But he is already fading, and I can't see us pulling past Green Bay or New Orleans with our enemic offense. Even getting out of the division will be tough, since Philly is going to be better this year, and the Giants aren't going anywhere. I suppose you can argue that all you need to do is get hot in the playoffs, but that seems like awfully wishful thinking. This sounds like a move that (at best) will temporarily move us from a 4th tier to 2nd tier NFC squad. And that's assuming he's fully recovered, which nobody really knows.

For sure. I think you've outlined a Montana on the Chiefs type career coda and that's probably the most likely result. But I think as the GIants demonstrated this year and as a number of teams have demonstrated in recent years, all you really need to do is make the dance. The best teams throughout the season are consistently losing out to the hottest ones. Take a motivated and healthy Manning and an improving Redskins defense, they can at least be among the teams put in a hopper with a chance to get hot at the right time and the knowledge you have that type of QB who can get you there. After years of being uncompetitive that's all I can ask.

There's also been plenty of QBs left for dead who've brought their teams to the cusp in second/late career rennaissances: Brees, Warner, Favre, Cunnigham and Manning's better than 'em all IMO. I'll roll the dice with that guy everytime. Look at the Colts this year, he's done more with less than almost anyone.

And sure if we were in position to get RGIII I say go that route instead just because you're talking about maybe setting yourself up for a decade or more. It's just at #6, we're one of at least 3 teams jockeying for him and it feels like a bit of a longshot. I say go for Manning first and if he goes elsewhere, then go hard to move up to #2. Because the very last thing I want is to end up is with Orton (like Mike Lombardi was suggesting) or some other medicore no-upside QB. This an exciting offseason for QBs, maybe the most exciting offseason ever - I just want to be sure we don't strike out entirely.

And sure if we were in position to get RGIII I say go that route instead just because you're talking about maybe setting yourself up for a decade or more. It's just at #6, we're one of at least 3 teams jockeying for him and it feels like a bit of a longshot. I say go for Manning first and if he goes elsewhere, then go hard to move up to #2. Because the very last thing I want is to end up is with Orton (like Mike Lombardi was suggesting) or some other medicore no-upside QB. This an exciting offseason for QBs, maybe the most exciting offseason ever - I just want to be sure we don't strike out entirely.

Yeah, well I'm just really hoping that we don't have to give up too much for RGIII. Because while I do think he might be excellent, I don't think he will be very good his first year, and if we have to give up that 1st round pick for next year...that would really suck.

Did he take your mother, Dorothy Sivin, out for a nice seafood dinner and then never call her again?

Worse.

Rex is not giving that job up without a fight.

I'm the first to say that I admire Rex's belief that he's a good quarterback, but his "fight" will go down like an errant pass. I'm sure he'll even be familiar with the feeling.

I think that Peyton to the Skins makes a lot of sense, both for the Skins and for the league. Big Brother vs Little Brother two times a year? GOLDEN. Would love to this this happen.

Fuck no it doesn't!

Peyton Manning will not sign with the Washington Redskins. The 'Skins are losers, Shanahanigans or no, and Peyton Manning is anything but a loser. The Redskins+ Peyton would be a decent thing on paper, but not in practice. Peyton Manning doesn't (and never has) fit ole' Shanny's mobile quarterback scheme, and I don't see Shanahanaman or Manninghanahan budging on who's scheme to implementahan.

In other news:

She just needs to continue to be cute and shut up

- Brandon Jacobs, has some advice for Tom Brady's wife Giselle Bundchen.

I generally haven't liked Brandon Jacobs since like 2008, but that gets a lol from me.

Peyton Manning will not sign with the Washington Redskins. The 'Skins are losers, Shanahanigans or no, and Peyton Manning is anything but a loser. The Redskins+ Peyton would be a decent thing on paper, but not in practice. Peyton Manning doesn't (and never has) fit ole' Shanny's mobile quarterback scheme, and I don't see Shanahanaman or Manninghanahan budging on who's scheme to implementahan.

You're a bit confused. Peyton Manning has already been playing with a loser for the last 4-5 years or so. Thought this season would demonstrate that. The only reason they finished with a winning record was the presence of Peyton.

He'd actually be joining a more talented team by going to the Redskins. Might even be refreshing to play with a defense that can get the job done outside of sitting in a soft Cover-2.

You're a bit confused. Peyton Manning has already been playing with a loser for the last 4-5 years or so. Thought this season would demonstrate that. The only reason they finished with a winning record was the presence of Peyton.

He'd actually be joining a more talented team by going to the Redskins. Might even be refreshing to play with a defense that can get the job done outside of sitting in a soft Cover-2.

Yes, but everyone (except me, seriously, I swear on my mother's seafood) thought that the Colts were good. We all know what the Redskins are.

Besides, I'll tear down FedEx Field with my bare hands before I let Peyton Manning walk into it wearing a Redskins uniform.

Besides, I'll tear down FedEx Field with my bare hands before I let Peyton Manning walk into it wearing a Redskins uniform.

What with your avatar and

, I'm now slightly worried for Fed Ex field...

(now I have this scene in my head with Sivin standing over a insensate Peyton Manning and proclaiming in an extremely muffled voice, "When the Redskins are... ashes, you have my permission to leave.")

Yes, but everyone (except me, seriously, I swear on my mother's seafood) thought that the Colts were good. We all know what the Redskins are.

Pretty sure you lost all say in the matter when as a "Colts" fan you unceremoniously ushered Peyton to the door.

But yes, I understand the ire. It would suck for Peyton to go for one of the historically great franchises in the NFL.

Archived