Mya Stone

Q1

For the first few series', the Patriots' O-line will have a good scheme and neutralize that Giants' pass rush. It's going to be up to the Giants secondary to make a play or two, or else NE has 14 points by the end of the 1st quarter.

NY will hit hard, and fast. Eli will target Kyle Arrington all day with back-shoulder throws to Hakeem Nicks or Mario Manningham, and since Eli doesn't suck, Kyle Arrington doesn't look like a guy who can get 7 interceptions. NE will look like an offensive giant in the first, but NY will go toe to toe.

Q2

This is where NE hits a brick wall. The sheer talent on the Gaints' D-line will overcome whatever scheme that NE can draw up. Brady will start to get hit, and when Brady gets hit, he doesn't do well. In my opinion, there's no bigger skill drop-off than when Tom Brady gets uncomfortable in the pocket. And the Patriots will be lucky to put 3 on the board in the second quarter.

Billy-B will have some creative nonsense to stop the Giants on at least one drive in the 2nd quarter, but just like with the O-line, and just like Rex Ryan keeps finding out, scheme can only take you so far. The Giants score another 10 points to pull ahead by 7 at the half.

____

Halftime show sucks, as usual.

____

Q3

The Giants start to turn it up, and score another 14 points by the end of the quarter. As NE's defense, that has shut down such greats as Tim Tebow and Joe Flacco, shows midseason form and can't cover a cover bed with 13 sheets.

Tom Brady continues to get hit, and the Giants' front four turns kinda nasty. This is where I take a leap and say that the refs actually let the men play. If the refs hold up, we might see a weepy Brady before the turn of the 4th. NE will not score in the 3rd quarter.

Q4

NY starts to play keepaway in the 4th, and the run game doesn't blow the pants off anyone, but it's effective for chewing a little clock.

The Patriots are looking up at a 21 point defecit, and T-Bone gets that "look" in his eyes. He starts a rally. He might get up to 17 points back, but gets eaten by JPP on his way to a game-cinching interception.

As far as the running games, NE will try but get impatient, NY will work it but know that NE is easier to beat through the air.

Give me NY 38, NE 24. Game isn't bad, kinda the opposite of last years'. This game won't be as close, but where Green Bay was in control no matter the score last year, the infamous Tom Brady will always threaten any lead. That being said, NY wins handily despite a few scary moments.

Couple more things:

-The same people who could not properly predict the 2008 fiancial melt down have picked the Pats to win and cover the spread. Oh yeah, that makes me feel better.

-The Patriots cut terrible wide reciever Tequan Underwood some 28 hours before kick-off. All I can think was that Belichick was sitting around the sacrafice pit, knee deep in the entrails of goats and lambs when he said, "I think I'm just going to cut some random player on the team; not even to send a message, really. I just think I want somebody to be extremely miserable, is all. Who do we have that we can cut."

"I find Underwood's lack of faith disturbing," Brady said.

"Goooooooood," belowed the Emepror Belichick and that was that.

Its aparantly not discipline related, but then again neither was Vader chocking Admiral Ozzel.

-The Patriots cut terrible wide reciever Tequan Underwood some 28 hours before kick-off. All I can think was that Belichick was sitting around the sacrafice pit, knee deep in the entrails of goats and lambs when he said, "I think I'm just going to cut some random player on the team; not even to send a message, really. I just think I want somebody to be extremely miserable, is all. Who do we have that we can cut."

Looks like the cut was related to bringing along a practice squad DE. Watch that guy come up with a key play and further cement Belicheck's genius resume.

Looks like the cut was related to bringing along a practice squad DE. Watch that guy come up with a key play and further cement Belicheck's genius resume.

Or watch Eli Manning stiff-arm him on his way to a Hakeem Nicks touchdown.

And Rock, you're beautiful, man.

That;s what happens with two weeks between games. Last week was all of the "what can happend discussion" - how many more times does the Pats Oline v. the Giants Dline as a key matchup need to be said?

It should be about the coming game, not the ego of an over the hill QB. It was like A-Rod and his agent coming out about his contract a few years back during the World Series. I mean come on...

As to the game, I'm going with

Patriots 34

Giants 24

It should be about the coming game, not the ego of an over the hill QB. It was like A-Rod and his agent coming out about his contract a few years back during the World Series. I mean come on...

As to the game, I'm going with

Patriots 34

Giants 24

You're absolutely right! We should continue the analysis of this already broken-down game, as opposed to the analysis of the greatest quarterback to ever play the game!

So, here it is; I think the game comes down to whether or not the Patriots can lock up Bear Pascoe on 3rd down. If they can, then they've got a chance.

If you've ever been caught outside, far from shelter, and without a jacket...

....enduring a warm breeze and almost out of lemonade...

...you know how a 49ers fan feels when a Raiders fan is talking shit. Because HOLY SHIT! ALMOST OUT OF LEMONADE!

They don't let the Raiders into the playoffs anymore. They know we'd show burn down cities if our team won, and stab a few people who root for the opposing teams.

A Niners fan would invite you over for lemonade and a hand job.

ETA: Can you tell Im bored of hearing about the Pats and Giants already?

YEAH. How dare people talk about newsworthy things during superbowl weekend! Who cares about one of the best QBs in history being potentially cut by the team he personally carried to greatness and essentially was the main reason a new stadium got built. None of that matters when it's superbowl weekend.

Instead, we should have been talking about the relevant things about the superbowl. For instance:

Did you know Madonna has a pulled hamstring, but she's playing through it.

Did you hear that Gronkowski has a hurt ankle? Do you think he will play? WHO CAN TELL

I understand these teams played each other before in a prior superbowl. Probably not a big deal.

Tom Brady's wife asked all her supermodel friends to pray and hope for her husband. Apparently 'pray and hope' means 'pillowfight in lingerie'. My bet? Tom Brady's either going to be fired up, or he's going to be tired as hell. WHO CAN SAY

A camel - who has successfully picked all the superbowl winners the last 4 years, picked the Giants. Sure, the Pats have one of the best QBs in the history of the game and one of the best coaches, but how can you say no to a camel? NO ONE DENIES THIS

The octopus who picked the world cup 2 years ago was unavailable for comment, as he had died and then been eaten for sushi.

Eli Manning has a brother! It's crazy, but he ALSO PLAYS IN THE NFL. Or did.

See what we could have been talking about? Man, what fools we were.

In other news, sadly Jay Cutler's wedding has been postponed because his bride doesn't want her babybump to interfere with her and Jay looking fabulous in their wedding photos.

YW, we can't talk about that. Ever, actually, because according to Stego Jay Cutler is prohibited from ever playing in a superbowl because he's not as good as Tom Brady. Sorry!

They don't let the Raiders into the playoffs anymore. They know we'd show burn down cities if our team won, and stab a few people who root for the opposing teams.

Oakland AND Los Angeles!? Shit. I might have to start rooting for the Raiders now. And don't worry about the stabbing people thing. Dodgers fans have that shit covered.

Sounds reasonable, though wouldn't that mean only the Pats would be allowed in the Super Bowl? We should probably just hand the Pats the trophy at the end of the regular season from now on. Why even bother continuing this charade of anyone else having a chance?

I know, right? Though apparently Eli Manning is now good enough because he beat Tom Brady in the superbowl, and Aaron Rodgers and Big Ben are good enough because they won superbowls. So I think the rule is that you can't get into the superbowl unless you win the superbowl. Or something like that.

I know, right? Though apparently Eli Manning is now good enough because he beat Tom Brady in the superbowl, and Aaron Rodgers and Big Ben are good enough because they won superbowls. So I think the rule is that you can't get into the superbowl unless you win the superbowl. Or something like that.

What's the statute of limitations on this? I need to know whether to be bummed out or totally stoked.

Archived