A Thread for Small Questions XIV

Xray the Enforcer

I have a question. The whereabouts of the Blackfish are debated, but I have not seen any thoughts on whether or not he could take a page of of Barristan Selmy's book and put his support behind a Targaryen. (Either Aegon or Daenerys) Anyone else think this could be possible?

I have a question. The whereabouts of the Blackfish are debated, but I have not seen any thoughts on whether or not he could take a page of of Barristan Selmy's book and put his support behind a Targaryen. (Either Aegon or Daenerys) Anyone else think this could be possible?

Short Answer: Anything is possible.

Long Answer: This is the thread for simple questions. Questions that don't have an answer and/or are left up to reader speculation typically shouldn't be debated in here. You should bring this question up in a "Blackfish Whereabouts" thread. The most active one I've found is this one: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/61911-the-blackfish/, but it does allow spoilers up to and including sample chapters from The Winds of Winter.

hahahaha WhiteWolf26

So, I'm rereading and Melisandre mentions that Azor Ahai is reborn, and he (or she) will wake dragons from stone.

I can't remember who Azor Ahai is. Is he the Targaryen that first landed on Dragonstone with his sisters and the first dragons of westeros?

wait, nevermind, i just realized there's a wiki. i apparently have been reading too long.

Short answer: I don't think he'd support a Targaryen, no.

I am re- reading aGoT Jon arc and I noticed that in the Jon chapt in which LC Mormont gives him Longclaw , Jon is thinking about the dream he had during the night about the wight , but in his dream the wight had the face of Ned while burning. jon is scared and worried and says that he does not know what it means. We know that days or maybe weeks after that ned actually dies. So my question is : Is Jon a green seer like Jojen who sees thing before they come to pass but he Jon just does not know how to explain them?

I am re- reading aGoT Jon arc and I noticed that in the Jon chapt in which LC Mormont gives him Longclaw , Jon is thinking about the dream he had during the night about the wight , but in his dream the wight had the face of Ned while burning. jon is scared and worried and says that he does not know what it means. We know that days or maybe weeks after that ned actually dies. So my question is : Is Jon a green seer like Jojen who sees thing before they come to pass but he Jon just does not know how to explain them?

I took it as similar to the dreams Bran and Rickon had about Ned being in the crypts, the night before the raven arrived with the message of Ned's death.

I agree with FanTasy, and I think all Stark kids might have a little of greenseer in them, and that ability returns alongside magic in AGOT.

And that's another thing I don't get - why do people believe that there's only Braavosi guy kicking about in the whole of Westeros? It's the same with the alchemist in the prologue to AFFC, people believe that's also Jaqen H'Gar. I might be missing something, but surely there are more than one FM with a hit list in Westeros.

Oh, the alchemist is probably Jaqen.. the description fits the change when he left Arya, he said he had business across the Narrow Sea and he "became" Pate - I presume this will get him across the Narrow Sea or at least put him inthe position to have effects there.

Why melisandre keeps mance alive? She is all about burning king for her cause so why knowingly she burn rattleshirt who is of low birth.

I don't think that's explained explicitly anywhere, but probably Melisandre decided Mance is more useful to her alive than dead (at least for now). Mance is a formidable warrior, clever, resourceful, knowledgeable about the lands beyond the Wall, highly respected by the Free Folk... and he's now indebted to her and dependant on her magic. Also, Melisandre knows Jon Snow likes and trusts him, and she might have thought sparing him could be a good way to win Jon's favor.

As to why she would burn someone of low birth, well, I don't think that particular burning was meant to be a magic ritual. "Mance" was killed because he was a deserter, and Melisandre just took the chance to make a big show of it. She didn't mean to accomplish anything supernatural with it, just scare and awe her audience.

Archived