A Thread for Small Questions XIV

Xray the Enforcer

Do we know who Robert Baratheon's squire was when he was Lord of Storm's End and during the Rebellions especially when he was battling Rhaegar on the Trident?

Well, that was right after he finished being trained at the Eyrie, wasn't it? I assumed he had no squires yet.

So even though Mel is for burning Weirwoods, Bloodraven still had Ghost trust Mel, because Bloodraven can see that Mel seriously cares about stopping the Others and the Long Night. I think Bloodraven wanted Ghost to trust Mel, so Jon would trust Mel, because Bloodraven knows Jon will need Mel's help to fight the Others. If it were anything else, I would say Bloodraven would not be in Mel's favor, but In my opinion, Bloodraven would be willing to look past Mel and her destruction of the Old gods, because fighting the Others is all that matters now. If the Others aren't stopped, there won't be anyone to worship any gods, so that's why Bloodraven would be willing to look past Mel's folly's, in order to work together to stop the Others.

Actually, your first paragraph there made me wonder if, maybe, Melisandre could block Bloodraven's influence and that was why Ghost was acting in a strange way...

<snip>

I agree about BR being probably involved in the finding of the direwolves and so on, but then, what's the point on making Ghost ignore Jon in that scene? If he wanted Jon to trust Mel wouldn't it be better to make Ghost act normal around her and around Jon at the same time? Proof is Jon thought it was odd the way Ghost behaved and he still doesn't trust Mel at all.

I agree about BR being probably involved in the finding of the direwolves and so on, but then, what's the point on making Ghost ignore Jon in that scene? If he wanted Jon to trust Mel wouldn't it be better to make Ghost act normal around her and around Jon at the same time? Proof is Jon thought it was odd the way Ghost behaved and he still doesn't trust Mel at all.

Melisandre says that the Old Gods,the ones who give power to BloodRaven,are demons.I don't think he would want Jon to like her so much.

And if BloodRaven made something for the Starks to find the direwolves,he warged into their mother,but since then Ghost,Nimerya,Summer and the others are only possibly warged by their owners,and act by themselves.

I actually believe that Bloodraven had a hand in the Stark finding the Direwolve pups, I believe Catelyn and others have it right by believing the old gods sent those wolves to the Stark children. So I also believe that Bloodraven has a hand in the direwolves being able to know when someone is false, or when someone means to harm the Stark kids. Bloodraven can Warg many animals at once, and he can see the past, present, and future, so I think that is why he is able to influence the wolves on who's to be trusted. I am not saying that it is all Bloodraven, because I think animals, and especially Direwolves in this story, can sense things that people can't.

So even though Mel is for burning Weirwoods, Bloodraven still had Ghost trust Mel, because Bloodraven can see that Mel seriously cares about stopping the Others and the Long Night. I think Bloodraven wanted Ghost to trust Mel, so Jon would trust Mel, because Bloodraven knows Jon will need Mel's help to fight the Others. If it were anything else, I would say Bloodraven would not be in Mel's favor, but In my opinion, Bloodraven would be willing to look past Mel and her destruction of the Old gods, because fighting the Others is all that matters now. If the Others aren't stopped, there won't be anyone to worship any gods, so that's why Bloodraven would be willing to look past Mel's folly's, in order to work together to stop the Others.

I know I am going to get some heat for thinking like this, but that's just the way I see it.

In conclusion, Ghost's reaction to Mel only further confirms that she is an over all "good guy" in my opinion. Yes Mel has done some things that could be considered as "bad", Mel is one of GRRM's grey characters, but even though she has done "bad things", when you look at the "big picture", she is still on the good side in my book. Similar to how Arya has killed people, she is a grey character, yet overal still on the side of "good".

Melisandre says that the Old Gods,the ones who give power to BloodRaven,are demons.I don't think he would want Jon to like her so much.

And if BloodRaven made something for the Starks to find the direwolves,he warged into their mother,but since then Ghost,Nimerya,Summer and the others are only possibly warged by their owners,and act by themselves.

This whole Mel/ Ghost / Bloodraven thing deserves an own thread outside of small questions maybe, if there isn't already one. If someone cares to make one I shall gladly participate when I'm off the train and on my computer again.

1) because Cat and Ned hoped it would help her become a proper lady, of course Ned later realized that probably isn't going to happen, so he finds Syrio Forel, to teach Arya how to sword fight. Also Ned wanted to cheer Arya up, after the whole Trident situation with Micah.

This is as little off topic, but I thought it was interesting that Arya- who looks/acts so much like Lyanna- also lost her love -granted that is a stretch, but it is true to some childish degree- on the trident.

I have a question regarding the Dunk and Egg stories:

The red-haired, freckled beauty in the second tale-do we see her heirs at some point?

You mean the Red Widow? I don't think anything is confirmed one way or the other, but I don't think we do meet any of them. :dunno:

I agree with what others have said. Something was wrong in that scene, if Ghost looks at Jon as if he doesn't know him you know something has to be wrong, I'm sure Melisandre used some kind of trick with Ghost. It's not like we have seen Ghost interact with a lot of people, but Jon found him once baring his teeth at Devan Seaworth just cause the boy flinched with fear. I think the only person we've seen Ghost being friendly so far with (apparently) no magic involved is Val when she returned from beyond the Wall.

Ghost liked Sam in AGOT too. When Sam and Jon first met, Sam sat right down on the ground and started crying whilest him and Jon were talking. Ghost licked his tears on his cheek and made him laugh and stop crying.

I think Mel was using trickery too when Ghost didn't know who Jon was. That was the bizarre scene when she was trying to seduce Jon into making shadow babies with her.

Ghost liked Sam in AGOT too. When Sam and Jon first met, Sam sat right down on the ground and started crying whilest him and Jon were talking. Ghost licked his tears on his cheek and made him laugh and stop crying.

I looooove that scene!

I think Mel was using trickery too when Ghost didn't know who Jon was. That was the bizarre scene when she was trying to seduce Jon into making shadow babies with her.

Definitely some mummer's trick of some sort. It's the same scene where Jon thinks he's seeing Ygritte, but it's not her, it's Mel, stalking him!

Yes you're right, thanks for the reminder! I have forgotten about Sam :)

So my question is, what happened to these men, do we know? Why is it Mors only has greenboys, and Hother greybeards?

Presumably the Karstarks that abandoned Robb either became broken men or found their way back home. The only Karstark men in the north would be with Arnolf, at Stannis' winter camp, or garrisoning Karhold, formerly under the command of Cregan.

The Umbers only have greybeards and green boys because the best part of their levies was obliterated in the South, particularly at the Red Wedding.

Is my memory playing tricks on me, or none of the Martells (particularly Doran and Oberyn) ever expresses anger, resentment, or other such feeling towards Rhaegar for the humiliation he made Elia go through?

Well, Oberyn himself is not a model of perfect monogamist.

I'm sure he doesn't mind.

Well, Oberyn himself is not a model of perfect monogamist.

I'm sure he doesn't mind.

Yes, but it's his sister and his House, I thought he might care at least for that lol

off topic but is anyone else unable to see which members are browsing a thread or whether members are browsing a thread at all?

Same here.

Archived