A Theory About Jon Snow

ReddawnWolfe

I'm toward the end of book 3 and I get the feeling that Jon may be Lyanna Stark and Rhaeger Targaryean's son. Whether he is a bastard or there was a marriage, I wonder, as he was already married.

If this is true, I wonder if Dany and Jon will end up married in the end? Just a thought for us to think upon who have not gotten further in the books yet.

There are a lot of threads about this theory, but some may contain spoilers about the next books, so just stick to the threads about this theory in this sub-forum.

You know what? This has got to be the 1,000th thread on this :P. I am going to assume that R+L does not= J. If this many people could figure it out, I doubt Martin would be so obvious.

It's not at all obvious. Wylla would be obvious. Her or Ashara Dayne and other outright hints.

I'm not really sure about it, might be it's true or might be it's just another thing G.R.R.M. wants us to believe just to later reveal it's something completely different... but I don't think this option is so obvious, not at all, it's definitively a possibility.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it is obvious but I think you are right. Ned wanted to keep it a secret because otherwise Robert would try to kill Jon. I think Jon is the Prince that was promised, too, andnot Stannis! But in the books, it says Wylla is Jon's mom.

No, NED says that ...! A man who would never ever tell a lie because of his honor, as every man, woman and child in Westeros knows, so no one ever doubts his claims...

I bet that's why George R.R. Martin takes it so long to finish the series. Everyone got the big revelation figured out already, so he needs to make up another one! :D

As for Ned Stark's honour, well I could imagine that his sister's life/honour is more important to him that his own. Would also explain why he never talks about her. Wylla is being mentioned as having nursed a boy who later meets Arya (maybe Bran?), which would make him and Jon "milk brothers", because they drank milk from the same mom. But if Wylla nursed that boy, she might as well have nursed Jon without being her natural mom.

So in my mind, L+R=J still works.

I bet that's why George R.R. Martin takes it so long to finish the series. Everyone got the big revelation figured out already, so he needs to make up another one! :D

As for Ned Stark's honour, well I could imagine that his sister's life/honour is more important to him that his own. Would also explain why he never talks about her. Wylla is being mentioned as having nursed a boy who later meets Arya (maybe Bran?), which would make him and Jon "milk brothers", because they drank milk from the same mom. But if Wylla nursed that boy, she might as well have nursed Jon without being her natural mom.

So in my mind, L+R=J still works.

That boy is Edric Dayne, Beric Dondarrion's squire

Heh, don't worry about that part. GRRM said that he doesn't really read online forums, and that he wouldn't change the story he has in his mind if anyone figured him out. So whether R+L=J turns out to be true or not, it was intended this way from the beginning. ;)

I have just started reading ASOS and have also contemplated the Jon Snow story. I do not believe that Jon is Ned's bastard child but probably his nephew. I also think that Jon (being a Snow) and Danearys, (being of fire) is the basis for a song of fire and ice. He and Danyearys qill probably wed to fulfil this series... just my theories at book 3...

• 2 weeks later...

I have just started reading ASOS and have also contemplated the Jon Snow story. I do not believe that Jon is Ned's bastard child but probably his nephew. I also think that Jon (being a Snow) and Danearys, (being of fire) is the basis for a song of fire and ice. He and Danyearys qill probably wed to fulfil this series... just my theories at book 3...

I think either that

as Dany envisioned herself with someone with a "young face"

or one of them will have to kill one another. The "scene" at the moment is a war between dark & light. As Melissaindre (spelling?) suggests.

Archived