AFOC release to first ADWD sample

jvvst3

I really believe that GRRM's original plan for the 5-year gap plus the "Mereen knot," slowed his progress dramatically in his last two books. He basically had to completely scrap what he had for AFfC and in doing so he created himself a problem where he had to get Dany to Westeros somehow. I think he originally planned on a certain set of characters accompanying her on her trip, but the problem w/o the 5 year gap was how to get them to her and how to line up all the other POVs so that her arrival worked in sync with his original plan.

According to his interviews, he has solved his Mereenese Knot. I do not expect him to release TWoW this year or even next year, but I think he finally has all the dominoes set up where he wants them. It should be much smoother sailing now for him and hopefully that leads to a quicker finished product.

Like a few others, I am worried about GRRM's actual longevity considering his age and weight. I REALLY want a conclusive ending to all the questions I have about the series before he passes away, but so long as he finishes the series I can wait.

Archived