Which ONE character do you want to die?

best fucking thread!!!! but soooo many people i would love to see dead!

Daenerys Targaryen, mother of dragons, queen of blah blah blah, you bore me to death...

you took the words right out of my mouths ! she needs to go, i've harboured hatred towards her after starting on the series, her character was not appealing whatsoever.

You mean really die and be gone for good, no ressurection or cheating death by warging, right?

If so, Jon Snow, of course. He deserves death for boring me to tears and the fanboy outrage would be epic.

This, 1000x over. I keep hoping (fruitlessly, I know) that he is actually gone at the end of ADWD and if he comes back, it is as a wight. A blue-eyed wight remote-controlled by the Others, whatever it is that Catelyn is, or even whatever it is that Coldhands is.

Well if I could only pick one then I pick walder frey. Mostly because it seems like a lot of other trouble will happen as a result, who knows it might mean some other people on my list will die to.

He will have to go after seeing the one thing he really cares about fall down around him. Either as the last frey with all his many children and grand kids dead, and hes the last, or knowing that his familys honor is gone forever and its the end of them.

but prolly won;t happen

You mean really die and be gone for good, no ressurection or cheating death by warging, right?

If so, Jon Snow, of course. He deserves death for boring me to tears and the fanboy outrage would be epic.

Yeah, and then at least one of the obvious, embarrassingly clunky, painfully contrived little cliffhangers that we've been left with over the past few books (Will Brienne make it out of this one alive? Will Cersei be destroyed by the high septon, or rise again like an evil phoenix from the flames? Will Jaime rescue Cersei? Will Jaime make it out of this one alive? Will Davos make it out of this one alive? Will Stannis make it out of this one alive? Will Jon snow make it out of... well, you know...) will actually serve some purpose. (And not result in the aforementioned character mystically escaping death in a way that is so unbelievable it puts Bond movies, Steig Larson novels, and daytime soaps to shame.) However, alas, the fact that Jon, Jaime, Stannis et. al. are not really dead is, imo, beyond obvious.

Anyway, the most obvious answer to this question would be to kill off one of the Sue's (Jon Snow or Dany), because of the shock value, the mild annoyance of their continual plot contriviances, and, most of all, the fact that, if one of these two were to go, I might actually be able to accept the "anyone may die!" claim that the author has made (and that seemed believable enough in the first several books.) As it stands, characters like Dany, Jon, Tyrion, Arya, Sansa, etc. pretty much have the words "safe until at least the final book" tatooed on their forheads; whilst Cersei and Jaime have "main antagonist/ morally redeemed man-- will survive until last book" written across their faces. Characters like poor Qyntyn Martell pretty much come in with "R.I.P" signs hanging around their necks. So, yeah, killing off a significant protagonist who seems destined to be one of the three heads of the dragon would be good for shock value.

The second most obvious answer to this question would be-- kill off the villains, because I hate them. Ramsay Bolton, Cersei, LF, etc.

However, I think the best character to kill off would be the one that is virtually useless and doing nothing to advance or add to the story in any way. (And, as a bonus, is often as annoying as all get out.) Some candidates:

Darkstar (this is the one I'd chose.) I read in an interview once that GRRM actually intended this character to be cool, since he had noticed that people had an affection for Theon Greyjoy and other "bad boys." As it stands, the "most dangerous man in Dorne" is a laughable cliche at best; if he is as dangerous as it gets, then Dorne must be a very safe place indeed.

Aeron Damphair-- was this poor, crazy guy molested? Who knows. A better question-- given his overall uselessness to the story and lack of any discernable personality-- who the hell cares?

Aereo Hootah-- Yeah, I know an outside POV for Dorne is necessary. But this guy truly snuck past quality control when it came to creating interesting characters. Couldn't GRRM have someone/ something else tell the story? One of the naked kids Doran likes watching in the fountain; some retainer at court; a particularly observant brick wall, fountain, or pet? All of these things show signs of possessing more personality and interest than our dear Hootah.

If he were to die, I say avoid teh obvious heroic/ self sacrificing death. Just have him go in his sleep, peacefully, and have it mentioned by another (hopefully more interesting) character so we don't have to read or think about this dullard ever again.

The Sandsnakes-- not so much characters as paragraphs worth of cheesy cliches and male fantasies. Kill them dead, but, as with Hootah, I don't really want to hear about it.

(Honestly, nothing personal here, and I love strong, interesting women. However, as characters, the Sansnakes are just failures on so many different levels.)

cersei, little finger, freys, boltons

I can see the logic of this, and with the Boltons, I think you may well get your wish in the next book.

However, if Cersei LF, the Freys, and the Boltons were to be killed off all at once in the next book, a whole hell of a lot less would be happening in Westeros.

The villains make things happen. Without them, it would pretty much be Jon Snow, Dany, Sansa, and Bran sitting around disscussing what the truly noble course of action to take in this case would be... only to, a few pages later, unanimously decide to take the noble course of action, resulting in widespread peace, love, personal contentment, and a rise in property values throughout the realm. Nice, but woiuld not make for very compelling reading.

SO many options....

1. Walder Frey (only if it is painful :devil:).

2. Roose Bolton.

3. Ramsay Snow.

On Daenerys, I don't really mind her being alive or dead, as long as she stays FAR AWAY FROM STANNIS' THRONE.

:agree: i dont want daenerys to die,but STANNIS SHOULD BE KING!! And the 3 people who deserve to die are perfect too

Archived