NFL: The Aftermath.

Sivin

Honestly, if you had the chance - why wouldn't you? This is one of the top 5 qbs in the history of the sport who missed one season to injury and appears to be working amazingly well. Even at 80% he's still better than the majority of qbs. Plus how many more tickets will you sell just having him? How many jerseys? How many Sunday night games? Even if he sucks he is worth it to owners - and there is no reason to believe that he'll suck.

Sad day. Necessary, but sad. I look forward to Manning crushing teams underfoot...maybe based in KC. He could rout the AFC West. I think SF could give him fits twice a year in Seattle. Miami might work out and it would let us see Brady:Manning more often. I think even ESPN would get tired of flogging that story.

Manning cannot go to KC, I won't allow it.

Make no mistake, I don't hate the Chiefs (I'm actually rather fond of Romeo), and Peyton could conceivably do well there. But Manning vs Tebow cannot happen twice a year. I can see the fuckstorm from here:

"It's Tebow vs Manning, part one. The prototypical, elite, MVP, Superbowl winning, pro bowl, face-of-the-league Manning vs the chosen one..." dum dum duuuummmm!

"It's Tebow vs Manning, part two. The scrappy, resiliant, faith-ey, never-give-up, totally-won-a-playoff game, Tebow vs the chosen one..." dum dum duuuummmm!

I seriously could not handle that bullshit.

I don't understand where all of this KC buzz comes from. I can think of literally zero reasons he should want to go there. Seattle, NYJ, Redskins and 'Fins are the only real spots where I'd look if I were him; if 'Zona had a mildly better O-Line, I'd look at them also.

I don't understand where all of this KC buzz comes from. I can think of literally zero reasons he should want to go there. Seattle, NYJ, Redskins and 'Fins are the only real spots where I'd look if I were him; if 'Zona had a mildly better O-Line, I'd look at them also.

And why would he want to play against SF twice? I'll go ahead and guess Houston as the best bet.

ETA: Of course I'd love for him to go to Tennessee.

KC has the cap space

Dwayne Bowe, Breaston, and Charles are great weapons

KC is in a weak division with weak qb play (yes I am saying Rivers is weak)

KC is backed by a VERY good and VERY young defense.

KC has a GOOD to VERY GOOD offensive line.

Your team doesn't give a damn about you

Slightly vulgar - as to be expected from the guy who writes "Shit my Dad Says" but fairly spot on.

Every time our favorite team does something selfish, for purely business reasons, we take it personally. Because we want to believe that they love us as much as we love them. But they don't. They just rub up against whoever has the most money.

It's sad because it's true. I know I personally dedicate too much time and passion to an entity with only one bottom line, and it's definitely not, "pleasing our fan base."

And yet another reason I like college more than pros - college comes the close to loving us as much as we love them. Not always - but the passion for the school, for the team, for the glory and honor is there in a way that millionaires getting paychecks from billionaires is not.

Your team doesn't give a damn about you

Slightly vulgar - as to be expected from the guy who writes "Shit my Dad Says" but fairly spot on.

It's sad because it's true. I know I personally dedicate too much time and passion to an entity with only one bottom line, and it's definitely not, "pleasing our fan base."

That was awesome. And sadly true. I'm not nearly as passionate about any of the sports I follow as I used to be - but I can still go back into my closet and see the Montana, Rice & Young Jerseys next to Jordan, McGuire, Schmidt and my Nike golf clubs.

And now I need a drink.

Archived