The Blackfish

crown of gold

Plus LF is going to want revenge on the Frey's for killing Cat. Wiping them off the face of Westros would be a good start. I'm interested to see how LF the character plays out. Obviously he is using Sansa for some self gain, but to what end and how far? He did rescue her from KL and is arranging a good marriage for her. Is this out of the love he had for her mother, or deep down does he want the claim to the North for himself as a jest to the Starks.

I wonder if he even cares at this point about Cat. The only reference he's made to her is laugh in amusement as Sansa's suggestion to give the Freys the cursed Harrenhal.

I have two theories. 1. He was the hooded man in Winterfell, wandering around trying to find a place. or 2. He will join YG once he realizes that he is alive. Having someone who has been so prominent in Westeros could be a huge asset for YG and Jon Connington, as he knows the status of all the political issues and rivalries right now. And his hatred for the Lannisters would most likely lead him to find the strongest opposition against them. aka YG (Aegon)

My guess is that he's headed towards Winterfell. I don't know if he's the hooded man, but Edmure had to have told him about the document he signed naming Jon as heir. If so, it would be his duty to Robb to inform Jon and serve him. That and he had to have heard about "Arya's" wedding as well, and he'd no less want to protect her.

I think that Brynden will follow one of the following courses of action: -

1. Head off after the Tully loyalists (Ser Robyn Ryger, Ser Desmond Grell & the others) headed North to the wall, looking to free them and then either: -

• Head North to Greywater Watch to Robb's remaining supporters.
  • Head West to rescue Edmure & Jeyne.
  • Head to the Vale, hoping for help from his friends there to reclaim the Riverlands.
  • Remain in the Riverlands & start a guerrilla war against the Lannisters & Freys.

2. Attempt the above options alone, unlikely as this would be pretty suicidal.

3. End up joining up with the Brotherhood Without Banners, though I think this is unlikely. I think Brynden would have a negative reaction to Lady Stoneheart and her methods.

4. The Jeyne Westerling that left with the Lannister forces head West wasn't the real Jeyne (but her sister) and the Blackfish fled Riverrun with the real Jeyne who is pregnant (by Robb) inspite of her mother’s efforts. And the Blackfish will either: -

• Head North with Jeyne, to Greywater Watch and Robb's supporters.
  • Lay low and keep Jeyne safe.

Ultimately though I think Brynden will want to return to Riverrun and reclaim it for House Tully (in his nephews name), I think he would have be very very reluctant to leave & for Riverrun to be surrendered but did it because his lord (& nephew) ordered him to.

After all those years, you think he got over Catelyn that quickly? He's just being manly and pretending not to care, that rascal.

He's not over. But he's not really cared for her in years (you don't throw your beloved person and her family in shitstorm)

he just wanted to have her (and now he have sansa, so similar to her mother during her youth)

1. Head off after the Tully loyalists (Ser Robyn Ryger, Ser Desmond Grell & the others) headed North to the wall, looking to free them and then either: -

• Head North to Greywater Watch to Robb's remaining supporters.
  • Head West to rescue Edmure & Jeyne.
  • Head to the Vale, hoping for help from his friends there to reclaim the Riverlands.
  • Remain in the Riverlands & start a guerrilla war against the Lannisters & Freys.

2. Attempt the above options alone, unlikely as this would be pretty suicidal.

3. End up joining up with the Brotherhood Without Banners, though I think this is unlikely. I think Brynden would have a negative reaction to Lady Stoneheart and her methods.

4. The Jeyne Westerling that left with the Lannister forces head West wasn't the real Jeyne (but her sister) and the Blackfish fled Riverrun with the real Jeyne who is pregnant (by Robb) inspite of her mother’s efforts. And the Blackfish will either: -

Ultimately though I think Brynden will want to return to Riverrun and reclaim it for House Tully (in his nephews name), I think he would have be very very reluctant to leave & for Riverrun to be surrendered but did it because his lord (& nephew) ordered him to.

1st POST!!!!!!!!

I agree with all of that, and I think that they head to the wall. Jeyne and her baby will be safe there, at least until the child is born. Blackfish for Lord Commander anyone?(assuming Jon is part of the prophecy)

congrats on your first post! i agree with you. i hadn't given this much thought, but i love the idea of another young wolf...

Blackfish won't go to Vale. They didn't help when Robb was strong now it doesn't seem likely to happen.

I think one of these will happen:

1- He will somehow find Cat and they will revenge Lannisters and Freys together( I really don't know why people hate the new Cat)

2- Jeyne was with child and they both escaped to Greywater Watch

1- He will somehow find Cat and they will revenge Lannisters and Freys together( I really don't know why people hate the new Cat)

I don't know about everyone else, but I never liked Catelyn, and hated UnCat the moment she threatened Brienne's life (yes, I actually believed she was dead till ADwD), even though I understand her reasons. :hat:

Like a lot of you, I'm of belief of two different possibilities:

1. He escaped through the river and joins up with the outlaws/BwithoutB

**Feel this is most likely because it's written that the river flows south, and if he swam with the current he'd end up near crossroads inn region. Also, in Jamie's chapter's, joining the outlaws is what he suspects the Blackfish would do.

2. He escaped with the real Jeyne Westerling, if he had I don't think he'd go off to bandits. Maybe to the crannogmen or Vale. Idk. Jamie describes Jeyne as narrow of hips while Cat described her with good child bearing hips. Other than that I don't see any evidence that would suggest the real Jeyne escaped as well. I find this scenario more unlikely because I don't see how lady Sybile (sp?) would have approved of it. She appears Lannister loyal to the bone.

Look forward to him resurfacing though, not as much as Tom O'Sevens killing Emmon Frey though!

I don't know about everyone else, but I never liked Catelyn, and hated UnCat the moment she threatened Brienne's life (yes, I actually believed she was dead till ADwD), even though I understand her reasons. :hat:

Well she was(is) a strong woman, she was wise and she cared about her family,she tried to make peace between Stannis and Renly and etc. I can like a woman with this kind of manner. And about the new Cat, she is taking her revenge which she deserve very much and she don't kill them savagely, She hangs them and in my eyes this is a mercy for Freys and Lannisters

Well she was(is) a strong woman, she was wise and she cared about her family,she tried to make peace between Stannis and Renly and etc.

I have to disagree with this. Don't misunderstand me, I've always enjoyed her character. But various rereads and attempts at avoiding the 'Go Starks!' attitude really leads me to the conclusion that beyond POV-generated sympathy and pity, she's not wise or strong by any means.

In aGoT, after Bran's fall she is weak, more Tully than Stark. When she overcomes the grief, becomes strong willed/vengeful, the POV leads us to believe she's behaving more like a 'Stark.' When really her behavior is more comparable to Cercei in aFfC. Not thinking pragmatically, mother's love impairing her thoughts. Tyrion explains Petyr Baelish's falseness to Cat as soon as he's arrested, before they enter the Eyrie. She ignores it.

She tried to get Renly and Stannis to peace, her failure in that regard isn't an example of wit. She fails at convincing Lysa to march, and doesn't find suspicion in that either. She's oblivious to Lysa+Petyr.

Her father constantly whispers 'Tansy' on his death bed and she can't figure out that he's talking about moon's tea and not some prosty until he spells it out for her days later.

I can't fault her for thoughts or actions, but she's thick. I don't think she deserves praise for anything other than being a loving mother. This is just my interpretation.

UnCat though.. takes a slit throat and a naked, 3 day swim down the fork and now someone I can cheer for.

The Blackfish is a shrewd intelligent man Who will most likely gain support to fight back. His options are very few as of now.

1.Head to the Vale- Lysa was the only one holding back the Knights of the Vale joining Robb, many really wanted to join but Lysa wouldn't allow it. Now she's dead and LF is in control,Blackfish could link up with him.

2.Stay in the Riverlands- Blackfish could stay and wage a guerilla war against the Frey and Lannister forces. He knows the terrain and people so this could help him gain a great resistance plus maybe rescuing Edmure and other captives can help.

3.Head to the North- least likely as he doesn't even know the area and nothing really important for except Jon Snow...and Fake Arya his last surviving kin

I thnk he will keep fighting Lannisters and Freys. He can't really do that in the Vale; going there would be simply hiding. Edmure will wait-- I'm sure Blackfish wants to rescue him eventually, but right now it isn'tpresing, and as a resistance fighter Edmure would just slow hm down..

I think all signs point to him joining the BwB either by seeking them out or running across them. At that point he would discover Lady Stoneheart, and after initially being on her side, he would find what a monster she's become and how she is acting against the best interests of justice and the BwB. He then becomes UnCat's opposition, eventually destroying her, taking over the BwB, and saving Brienne and even Jamie from Stoneheart's hate, vengeance and paranoia. Stoneheart is less gullible than Cat 1.0, but she is still clueless as ever. The BwB are doomed with her in charge. The Blackfish is the perfect antidote.

Archived