HBO Releases Character Photos Galore

Westeros

Why do you judge the actors based on two photos ? I hate when people do that .

Do I really have to quote myself ?

As for Davos and Stannis, even if their appearances were swapped in my mind's eye, I'll wait to see their performance to pass final judgement.

As I said, appearance is one thing, performance is more important.

I never said they will be terrible as Stannis and Davos, I just said in my mind eye's, they look nothing like this, so I'll wait to see their performance before I judge. Is all I'm sayin'.

As for your "hate", I'm sure there are much more important things to go wasting it on.

I'll admit, based on those two photos, Stannis and Davos should be switched based on my own image of the two as well. However, it's only one shot of each and we haven't seen them in action. HBO hasn't done us wrong yet, so I'm not in the least worried.

Sansa (Sophie) truly is lovely, but I don't think the hairstyles they give her are necessarily flattering. I'm not a huge fan of the King's Landing styles (dress and hair). It's not a big thing though, and I'm glad they have their own visual look compared to, say Cat's more practical style.

I'm basing my opinion solely off the two released photos, but it looks like the actors for Davos and Stannis should've been swapped with each other. Davos/Liam Cunningham has the glowering, stern look on his face, almost as if he's grinding his teeth. Stannis/Stephen Dillane has a more humble expression, more befitting of Davos. Melisandre looks pretty spot on though.

I totally disagree. I think all 3 look spot on. I believe Davos is a bit older than Stannis and would look weird if these actors were reversed. That shot of the 3 of them on the horses looks perfect. So awesome.

If both the actors that are playing Stannis and Davos are as talented as people say they are, those who thought they should be switched before seeing their performances based on some still shots will hopefully be eating their words when season begins. ;) It'd be a terrible shame if two such important characters were miscast, but I haven't seen either of them in a show before, so I can't offer my feedback there.

Well I have seen Stephen Dillane before (he was nominated for an Emmy for HBO's John Adams) and he was great.

In the interview linked on this board Liam Cunningham said Dillane was one of the finest actors in England.

I will second that.

He should really be better known than he is, Stannis is tough role I am glad they got him.

In my head, Davos looked like Show!Stannis and Stannis looked like Show!Davos..

Show!Stannis just doesn't look cold and pragmatic, he has a sense of longing on his face that would be more appropriate for Davos... Davos on the other hand looks too cold and serious. Dunno.

exactly what I thought when I first saw the first pictures, they ought to have interchanged the actors. "Davos" looks really imposing and like an alpha guy, he can pull off that stern and humorless thing a LOT better than "Stannis", judging by the photos.

exactly what I thought when I first saw the first pictures, they ought to have interchanged the actors. "Davos" looks really imposing and like an alpha guy, he can pull off that stern and humorless thing a LOT better than "Stannis", judging by the photos.

I always got the impression that that was why Stannis liked Davos.

(I mean Davos is an amiable guy most the time, but could not have gotten were he is without doing some 'alpha' stuff.)

Davos seems to be Stannis's most trusted male confidant. Despite their somewhat weird relationship.

Stannis's relation to Mel is still kind of mystery to me, he seems as able a military leader as Robert...

but George has thrown in a kind of curb ball magical adviser , o well, its screwy, but I'll go with it.

Has anyone noticed something a bit strange, I think?

Gwendoline Christie has been shown in a few production clips, maybe someones sneak on set photo.

In the HBO 'Official' portrait she seems, more than seems, to have her natural hair, cut short, in character disarray.

Yet in other clip she ,well I don't know, seems to have a wig.

Due to action shots?

It's an odd thing I have noticed,Gwendoline, right now, seems to keep her hair short, so that official photo, which I like seems different from the out takes.

I think Cunningham could have been either Davos or Stannis. I don't think Dillane looks piratey / smugglery enough to be Davos. Dillane definitely suites playing the part of a noble (base on the 2 stills I've seen of him, which isn't much), it just remains to be seen whether he gives good Stannis.

I know some of Cunningham's work and I have no doubts about him whatsoever, as dependable in this role, I think, as Bean was as Ned.

Archived