HBO Releases Character Photos Galore

Westeros

Tyrion will keep his nose and Jon won't get that scar under his eye either I'm guessing. I wonder how they are going to handle all the glamour and FM stuff in a couple of seasons. I'm sure the increase in magical elements in general will be costly in later seasons, they might have to make some cuts.

Tyrion will keep his nose and Jon won't get that scar under his eye either I'm guessing. I wonder how they are going to handle all the glamour and FM stuff in a couple of seasons. I'm sure the increase in magical elements in general will be costly in later seasons, they might have to make some cuts.

I actually don't imagine that glamouring would be especially difficult effects-wise, or really any of the magic stuff for that matter. I think the biggest costs will be all the creatures, and the large-scale war scenes. I mean we've got direwolves, dragons, giants, and mammoths, not to mention the Others and all their undead creatures, plus the Children of the Forest if they actually get that far (I'm very curious to see how the show depicts them...I think the best bet is real actors wearing make-up, with some CGI enhancements on the face for eyes and such). I'll honestly be shocked if all of those creatures actually make it into the show, even if only for brief cameos. I'd love to see some giants in the coming seasons. Unfortunately, unlike the dragons, direwolves, White Walkers, and the Children, giants and woolly mammoths really aren't entirely necessary to tell the story, so I wouldn't be surprised if they get the cut.

Not to mention Tyrion's injury isn't all that important really.. Save one or two japes, it can be pretty much scraped from the story with little to no consequence at all on the character.

Yeah I agree with this.

You know I don't know why George didn't think of it, seemed it would have appealed to him, centuries gone by people lost their noses or parts there of, if they could afford it wore a metal prosthetic.

One the most famous cases was the famous aristocratic astronomer Tycho Brahe, who lost a lot of his nose in a duel.

He wore a copper, gold and sliver replacement for the rest of his life.

Tyrion sure could have afforded one.

Just looked over the photos one more time, came across the Bran and Hodor photo and noticed a scar on Hodor's head, in the shape of something similar to a medical procedure, are the producers going to try and explain Hodor's 'simpleton' nature through some form of previous lobotomy type of procedure?

I don't think him looking ugly would be their biggest problem. The cost of having to digitally remove the nose of a character with that much screen time would be much too high, while trying to do the same thing with prosthetics and makeup probably won't be believable (and very time-consuming).

I know I think the nose thing for Tyrion is unnecessary. Also calling Peter Dinklage ugly is quite ridiculous even in a fantasy world

I'll just copy what I posted on WIC after the photos were uploaded (won't be in the same order, but):

1. Mel looks smoking hot. Stannis looks great although…he could be balder… Kidding, I really don’t mind. As long as I hear some teeth grinding in the show.

2. Christie looks amazing as Brienne. Enough with all of this ‘not ugly enough’ stuff. She looks just like Brienne.

3.I just fell in love with Jon all over again.

4. Same goes for Robb.

5. HODOR! And Bran looks really sweet.

6. Theon…grrr. But Alfie Allen looks very kraken-esque.

7. Wow, Renly got HOT. And are those peaches I see in the fruit bowl behind him?

8. Balon…grr. But again, kraken-esque.

9.I’ve seen some claims that Headey isn’t beautiful enough for Cersei, which is insane. She looks incredible.

10. It is going to be another great year for Dinklage. So excited for the Tyrion/Cersei scenes.

11. Ah Sansa…you’re about to make us fall in love with you despite how annoying you were in S1… Turner is so pretty.

12.Gleeson is one of the best bits of casting for the whole show. He is just so good at making me hate Joff even more. Which I didn’t think possible.

13.I don’t like Dany that much in the books, but Emilia Clarke is winning me over. She’s fantastic.

14. Davos is going to be amazing.

15. Valar Morghulis! I love that girl.

16.The Red Waste don’t look fun.

17.I love Fairley as Cat. Again, seen some bizarre complaints about her looks. She looks perfect for Cat.

I'm wondering where Stannis and his gang are riding to? I've read the books, but I can't recall the moment they were all on horseback.

I think it's the conversation between him and Renly at Storm's End . If you look at the metadata of the pictures it even says near Storm's End so it fits perfectly . The only difference in the show is that Davos is there which he was not in the book .

I think it's the conversation between him and Renly at Storm's End . If you look at the metadata of the pictures it even says near Storm's End so it fits perfectly . The only difference in the show is that Davos is there which he was not in the book .

Tho in a way makes sense, I'm thinking Stannis would have liked his council and Davos would be like to keep an eye on Mel.

Seems Cat was with Renly , can't remember who else, they may stick in Brienne, tho she wont say anything.

Funny they have camera set ups with Stannis at the parley , but not of Renly, which I am sure they did, and there must be an 'integrated' shot too.

Love all the pictures! i do wish Mel's robes were brighter and flowy-er, although she is seated on a horse. also i was weirded out that her hair was braided, i always imagined loose ringlets; not a big deal though.

And i LOVE the way Davos looks, exactly how i imagined him except with dark hair, can't wait to see him ^__^

And my my, Bran has grown!

Love all the pictures! i do wish Mel's robes were brighter and flowy-er, although she is seated on a horse. also i was weirded out that her hair was braided, i always imagined loose ringlets; not a big deal though.

And i LOVE the way Davos looks, exactly how i imagined him except with dark hair, can't wait to see him ^__^

And my my, Bran has grown!

Just looked over the photos one more time, came across the Bran and Hodor photo and noticed a scar on Hodor's head, in the shape of something similar to a medical procedure, are the producers going to try and explain Hodor's 'simpleton' nature through some form of previous lobotomy type of procedure?

I think they're just covering up Kristian Nairn's tattoo. Those.

I'm basing my opinion solely off the two released photos, but it looks like the actors for Davos and Stannis should've been swapped with each other. Davos/Liam Cunningham has the glowering, stern look on his face, almost as if he's grinding his teeth. Stannis/Stephen Dillane has a more humble expression, more befitting of Davos. Melisandre looks pretty spot on though.

I'm basing my opinion solely off the two released photos, but it looks like the actors for Davos and Stannis should've been swapped with each other. Davos/Liam Cunningham has the glowering, stern look on his face, almost as if he's grinding his teeth. Stannis/Stephen Dillane has a more humble expression, more befitting of Davos. Melisandre looks pretty spot on though.

That's exactly what I thought. I have a hard time thinking of that Davos as a loving father who thinks of his family constantly, and I have a hard time imagining that Stannis delivering his lines in that matter-of-fact tone of his.

That said, appearance is just part of character, performance goes a very long way. Tywin didn't look much like he's described in the books, but the performance was spot on, to the point that it remodeled by mental image and demeanor of the character. I can't wait to see more Tywin scenes.

As for Davos and Stannis, even if their appearances were swapped in my mind's eye, I'll wait to see their performance to pass final judgement.

That's exactly what I thought. I have a hard time thinking of that Davos as a loving father who thinks of his family constantly, and I have a hard time imagining that Stannis delivering his lines in that matter-of-fact tone of his.

That said, appearance is just part of character, performance goes a very long way. Tywin didn't look much like he's described in the books, but the performance was spot on, to the point that it remodeled by mental image and demeanor of the character. I can't wait to see more Tywin scenes.

As for Davos and Stannis, even if their appearances were swapped in my mind's eye, I'll wait to see their performance to pass final judgement.

Why do you judge the actors based on two photos ? I hate when people do that .

If both the actors that are playing Stannis and Davos are as talented as people say they are, those who thought they should be switched before seeing their performances based on some still shots will hopefully be eating their words when season begins. ;) It'd be a terrible shame if two such important characters were miscast, but I haven't seen either of them in a show before, so I can't offer my feedback there.

Archived