Dany's visions in House of the Undying

brevrk

I know there have been a couple threads now, but none had the methodical focus I've been looking for. I was wondering what thoughts people had on some of the more vague visions.

1) a scene where four men with rat faces are raping a beautiful woman;

2) a feast of corpses, where many of the bodies were savagely slaughtered, and many of the corpses have cups or spoons in their hands; above them sits a dead man on a throne with the head of a wolf, wearing an iron crown and holding a leg of lamb like a king would hold a scepter;

3) old, dead, loyal Ser Willem Darry at the house with the red door from when Daenerys lived in Braavos;

4) a scene where an old man with long silver hair sits on a barbed throne in a great hall with dragon skulls, and says "Let him be the king of ashes";

5) a man who looked like Viserys, but taller and with darker eyes, who says to a woman nursing a baby, "Aegon…What better name for a king…He is the prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire"; and when the man’s eyes meet Dany’s, he says either to her or the woman with the baby, "There must be one more…The dragon has three heads", and he picks up a silver harp and begins to play;

6) a vision of Pyat Pree telling her the visit was over, and to follow him into a garden;

7) a great hall with several robed people claiming to be the Undying of Qarth, who tell her, "We sent the comet to show you the way (to Qarth)…shall we teach you the secret speech of dragonkind?", but it turns out to be sorcery.

8) Viserys dying;

9) a tall lord with copper skin and silver hair bearing the banner of a fiery stallion (probably Rhaego, her unborn son); 10) a dying prince with rubies flying from his armor whispering the name of a woman with his last breath;

11) a blue-eyed king with a red sword in his hand who cast no shadow;

12) a cloth dragon amidst a cheering crowd;

13) a great stone beast flying from a smoking tower, breathing shadow fire;

14) her Silver horse given to her by Drogo at her wedding;

15) a corpse at the prow of a ship, eyes bright in his dead face, smiling sadly;

16) a blue flower growing from a chink in a wall of ice;

17) shadows dancing in a tent;[1]

18) a little girl running toward a house with a red door;[2]

19) Mirri Maz Duur shrieking in the flames as a dragon bursts from her;

20) a corpse being dragged behind a silver horse;

21) a white lion running through grass taller than a man;

22) a line of naked crones emerging from a lake, kneeling before Daenerys beneath the Mother of Mountains; 23) ten thousand slaves crying "Mother" as Daenerys rode by on her silver.[3]

Taken from the Chapter Summary for CoK 48.

I'm curious about the rat faced men, perhaps a reference to Gregor Clegane's men?

The cloth dragon, I take to mean that the now living Aegon may indeed be a false dragon, as Stannis, the other 'false dragon' is not one to be cheered.

The blue flower in the Wall of Ice seems to be another arrow at Jon Snow being a Targ.

I'm curious about the rat faced men, perhaps a reference to Gregor Clegane's men?

This has been discussed on another threads, the four men raping a woman are believed to be the four Kings at that moment (Joffrey, Robb, Stannis and Renly) and the woman is Westeros

#5 leads me to believe that maybe Jon Snow was going to be named Aegon also ?? Or is he the real Aegon ?

More like, it is a vision of Rhaegar and Elia with the real Aegon who got his head smashed, but who isn't the Prince Who Was Promised because 1) he's dead (Young Griff is a Blackfyre imposter) and 2) "There must be one more…" being his third child, Jon, who is the subject of the real song of ice (Stark mother) and fire (Targ father).

@Val the Wildling Princess

You´re right, you only forgot the 5. king Greyjoy.

You can find this in the Citadel. There is a point on the top saying story, when you go there it will show characters(which is empty)and prophecies(which is not).

You´re right, you only forgot the 5. king Greyjoy.

I don't think there was a Greyjoy King at the time Daenerys had the vision at the HOTU and IIRC Renly was killed before Balon was king, so there were always four kings.

I think that the "lie" refered to with 11 is that Stannis is alleged to be the new Azor Ahai. #12 probably represents the Young Griff/Aegon Targaryen character. This is probably "the mummer's dragon," which is fradulent because the person is not a Targaryen (Varys is the mummer). #13 very likely indicates that a stone dragon will be activated on Dragonstone and that this thing is not a real dragon but instead mobile stone. Who will awaken the stone dragon is unknown.

I also have a speculative theory about 11, 12, and 13 (it is just a possibility).

Perhaps there is more to the lies than just the parts noted previously (though these are part of the theory). Maybe these three scenes also specifically refer to certain claims made about individual kings or a deed associated with them. So maybe 11 is Stannis, 12 is "Aegon Targaryen," and 13 represents Euron Greyjoy "awakening" a stone dragon on Dragonstone.

Perhaps each of the three kings either claims, or will claim, to be Azor Ahai reborn and/or the Prince that was Promised. Each of the kings will rely mainly on a specific part of the AA and PtwP legends, but in reality none of them actually really fit any of the criteria at all.

So Melisandre and many of Stannis's court, knights, etc claim that he is Azor Ahai reborn (primarily because of his sword which is allegedly Lightbringer). So in addition to the false claims about being AA another part of the lie is the claim that Stannis actually wields Lightbringer (the sword is a counterfeit).

Next, some people may claim that the man alleged to be Aegon Targaryen is the Prince that was Promised because he descends from the necessary line. However, if this person is not really a Targaryen then this claim is fradulent. The fact that Rhaegar Targaryen thought that his son Aegon was the PtwP might be revealed and then circulated in favor of Young Griff, who is alleged to be Rhaegar's son Aegon.

Finally, if someone (in this theory it would be Euron, but I am not claiming that he will or will not actually do this) "awakened" the stone dragon then he would be in a position to claim that he is Azor Ahai reborn because he can awaken dragons from stone. However, the stone dragon is not a dragon at all. It merely looks like one.

So if Daenerys Targaryen is the AA and/or PtwP then she will "slay" these lies, each of which actually contains multiple elements. I am not saying that Daenerys is or is not the AA and/or PtwP, but it probably must be true for this theory to be valid.

Euron is a possible candidate for 13, especially if all the "lies" are connected to individual kings. It remains to be seen who will awaken the stone creature that breathes shadow fire (which sounds very much like the stone dragons on Dragonstone that Melisandre hoped to awaken), but Euron seems to be a possibility.

However, if Euron marries Daenarys then it becomes much more likely that someone else will awaken the stone dragon.

There could be a new king in TWoW or perhaps a king is not involved.

You´re right again and I can´t even find it in the Citadel´s prophecies.

The Citadel and Wiki aren´t always right either. I wonder where I got this, - :dunce: 5 kings made sense to me. War of five Kings.

What is 15?

I haven´t read anything on that yet, but always head a theory which I don´t really like.

I made a sarcastic post using this theory -

Unless the NW releases him. Their funeral prayer says: " ...and now his watch has ended."

I hope you are all right because I couldn´t stand an Un! - or Whitewalker - Jon!

I would like it best if he healed the "natural" way( with greendreams/warging or not).

Otherwise I´m afraid GRRM lets Mel ship Jon to Asshai (as a corpse at the prow of ....), where he´ll be kissed to life - not by Sounds_of_Winter - but Dany.

And the only good thing about that would be that Jon is - Snowwhite!

Archived