Dany's visions in House of the Undying

brevrk

I'm curious about the rat faced men, perhaps a reference to Gregor Clegane's men?

The woman is Westeros and the four rats are the four surviving kings in the war. Renly is dead at that time.

The cloth dragon, I take to mean that the now living Aegon may indeed be a false dragon, as Stannis, the other 'false dragon' is not one to be cheered.

Varys used to be a mummer. Aegon could be fake (my theory, far and away), but the cloth dragon could just be a "visual pun" of sorts and just mean "Varys' dragon."

#15 seems to point to a Greyjoy (grey lips smiling sadly = GREYJOY). It just depends on which one. There's a theory that Victarion is actually dead and resurrected by Moqorro, or that he will eventually die (dead man walking, just a matter of when, etc.).

I think or would like

#15 a corpse at the prow of a ship, eyes bright in his dead face, smiling sadly and wasn't there gray lips?

It is Jon Connington, he took a ship to Westeros, his eyes are bright because he's not dead yet, he's sad because he knows he will be dead soon, and if the lips are gray it's from greyscale. This is important for Dany because, not only did he bring Aegon to Westeros, he also is bringing a greyscale plague with him that with cause an epidemic.

So anyway that is my crackpot of the day :D

13) a great stone beast flying from a smoking tower, breathing shadow fire;

I don't think this vision has anything to do with Dragonstone or Euron (where's the Euron coming from, anyway?) because it's so similar to Summer's vision of the winged snake:

The smoke and ash clouded his eyes, and in the sky he saw a great winged snake whose roar was a river of flame. He bared his teeth, but then the snake was gone.

So Dany's vision might be of the burning of Winterfell. I think Mel's vision or whatever of Dragons springing from towers of Dragonstone is one of her misinterpretations.

:eek: I kind of missed the meaning of the first vision... omg does that mean Stannis is going to finally die seeing as he's the only 'rapist' left to die - makes me sad, I convinced myself Stannis would survive it all and be the king of the fucking world

Stanniiiss nooo :bawl:

5) a man who looked like Viserys, but taller and with darker eyes, who says to a woman nursing a baby, "Aegon…What better name for a king…He is the prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire"; and when the man’s eyes meet Dany’s, he says either to her or the woman with the baby, "There must be one more…The dragon has three heads", and he picks up a silver harp and begins to play;

Ok this is a vision of Rhaegar, Elia and Aegon (" confirmed by GRRM " the Citadel).

We know from Maester Aemon that Rhaegar believed he was the Prince that was promised, because a woodswitch convinced his grandfather that tPtwp will come from the line of his parents.

There also were certain signs of the Lightbringer legend that matched.

"There will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him."

"When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt."

Rhaegar was born on the day of the Summerhall Tragedy. Thus fire, smoke, salt (tears).

When Aegon VI was born there was a comet in the sky, so Rhaegar believed his son to be tPtwp.

Maester Aemon mentions this to Sam when he hears about Dany´s dragons and concludes that Dany is tPtwp.

I think they are all taking the prophecies too literal.

For example:

Salt can be suffering and pain

smoke is a sign of danger

fire is destruction

Dragon might be Targaryen but also a great and dangerous power very hard to handle

Three heads might point to the Targaryen history it also can mean that you need three intellects/ guiders to controll this power

Please add more.

That the dragon must have three heads might be mentioned in a book called sign and portents or not at all.

11) a blue-eyed king with a red sword in his hand who cast no shadow;

12) a cloth dragon amidst a cheering crowd;

11 is Stannis, the fake Azor Ahai; 12 is Aegon, the fake Targaryen; and 13 is a stone dragon, the fake dragon. "Mother of dragons . . . slayer of lies." This suggests to me that Dany's identity as the mother of dragons will be what proves that these are lies.

14) her Silver horse given to her by Drogo at her wedding;

15) a corpse at the prow of a ship, eyes bright in his dead face, smiling sadly;

16) a blue flower growing from a chink in a wall of ice;

These seem to be Dany's three significant husbands: Drogo, Euron and Jon.

"Smiling sadly" has been linked to "grey joy", so I definitely think it refers to her marrying either Victarion or Euron. I find the latter to be more realistic, however, because in ADWD Dany dreams that she marries a man with "blue lips", and when they have sex "his manhood was ice cold" -- which would work with the idea of him being a "corpse".

The blue flower growing from a chink in a wall of ice clearly suggests a romantic relationship between Daenerys and Jon, and it also foreshadows his parentage.

@ PatrickStormborn

Actually I would like the Idea that the stone dragon is the only important dragon, the power that needs guidance.

Maybe a super volcano.

ETA: Stone Beast = lava, smoking tower=NW-castle/Winterfell, shadowfire=force to destroy the great other, maybe related to Asshai of the shadow

I agree with the idea that the stone beast breathing shadow fire is probably a counterfeit, pseudo-dragon. We know Melisandre was interested in using blood magic to give life to the dragon statues on Dragonstone, so maybe someone will finally perform a blood sacrifice there to awaken a false dragon. Major havoc could be wrought with such a being.

The blue flower visions seems to confirm that Jon will interact with Daenerys. Hopefully Jon x Dany will not happen but this image seems to indicate that they are going to link up in some fashion. The fact that the first image in that set apparently pertained to Drogo increases the chances that the other two also act as husbands.

:eek: I kind of missed the meaning of the first vision... omg does that mean Stannis is going to finally die seeing as he's the only 'rapist' left to die - makes me sad, I convinced myself Stannis would survive it all and be the king of the fucking world

Stanniiiss nooo :bawl:

Stannis would not necessarily have to die as a result of a "lie" being slain. It could possibly just mean that the slayer of the lie being presented as the true AA would override alternative claims, thus causing the Stannis = AA thesis to fade away.

11 is definitely Stannis. 16 makes me wonder if Jon Snow is actually Lyanna's child considering the blue roses and ice. 2 is really making me wonder what it means, the rest give me some ideas about what they might mean but this one might be the Red Wedding. The more I think about it there's a good chance that's what it's about.

14. Obviously Drogo, her mount to bed.

15. Either Victarion or Euron. The smile makes me think its Euron. Victarion is too much of a badass to smile, more like he would stare at her sternly.

16. Gotta be Jon. The whole Dany-Jon relationship has an air of destiny to it when you think about it. Had the Targ's not been deposed, Jon likely would have been married to Dany anyway (Aegon would have been betrothed to his sister Rhaenys, and Jon, being second in line to the throne, would have gotten Dany instead of Viserys). I worry about how GRRM is going to forge a relationship between them without it feeling contrived, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

13. This one is obviously the toughest. I think it may relate to Mel's vision in ADWD of towers by the sea crumbling beneath a black tyde. IMO it is going to take place in Oldtown, as I believe Sam is there to be our POV because important events are going to take place. Lord Hightower is in his keep working with "spells" so maybe he creates some kind of stone monstrocity? There aren't enough hints to pin this one down really.

1) Is there further meaning behind the faces being rats if it's referring to the 4 kings?

The shadow has mel written all over it. I don't personally think the stone dragons will wake. It sounds like Mel wreaking havoc somehow or a reference to war machinery. The crackpot in me thinks it foreshadows stannis' fall at her doing.

I love the idea the white lion refers to Jamie's white cloak. I hadn't thought of that one, though I dont get the tall grass. Reminds me a bit of that grass that was prophesied to cover the earth though.

1) Is there further meaning behind the faces being rats if it's referring to the 4 kings?

It means that a beautiful woman/land is being torn apart and violated by rats/kings. What more meaning do you need? :P

I will seriously get sick and slightly disgusted if Jon ends up with Dany. I hope that has another meaning (it doesn't show Hizdahr, for example, so there's at least one husband it missed). I don't know what they'd even see in each other. She'd be turned off by his not being a hotheaded, violent blowhard and he'd be turned off by her willingness to commit senseless violence and willful ignorance, I like to think. I can't see any scenario where they'd believably fall in love with each other, so if it happens to fulfill some boy-meet-girl cliche ... blech.

Archived