Dany's visions in House of the Undying

brevrk

I thought it was the wine seller that had to run after her horse after trying to poison her. He eventually would have fallen and been dragged and died.

That's possible, but it is only implied that he dies on the journey being dragged by the horse. I was only suggesting an alternative scenario due to the fact that Barry is now in posession of the horse, and to me it makes sense that Barry may die in battle before the series is over - since he is the only knight (that I can think of) who is worthy of a glorious death like that.

• 3 weeks later...

Even though it happened before the House of the Undying I believe that Jorah was the treason for love. Not as Dany says in Mereen, for gold.

Below is an excerpt from Book 1.

"Ser Jorah had killed her son, Dany knew. He had done what he did for love and loyalty, yet he had carried her into a place no living man should go and fed her baby to the darkness"

Just read the House of the Undying chapter yesterday. I have a theory bouncing around my head. Its pretty crackpot...

Dany was called “child of three” and “daughter of death” by the Undying. In a later book I remember Jaime thinking about the night she was conceived. It was the night Aerys burned Ned’s father and choked Brandon- Aerys was particularly rough with his Queen. She had bite marks all over her as if she had been ravaged by an animal

Back to the “child of three”- Could Aerys have been warged that night, to make sure he fathered Dany? That would make her a "child of three". Maybe it was BR because he needed the Prince that was Promised and knew it was Dany. BUT I think it was a 2nd greenseer. There is a general theme of ying and yang in the series. There is always an equal but opposite (Giants/Children of the Forest is a good example). I’m now thinking that this 2nd Bloodraven type is doing what BR has been doing, but for the darkside. That Dany actually isn’t the eventual hero (or one of them), but the eventual villain (or one of them). This would explain “daughter of death” as well.

At the same time she was the youngest of Aerys’ three children, so its possible that’s “child of three”, but I still can't think of another way to explain "daughter of Death".

Please tell me how wrong i am, cause that's some freaky stuff.

Just read the House of the Undying chapter yesterday. I have a theory bouncing around my head. Its pretty crackpot...

Dany was called “child of three” and “daughter of death” by the Undying. In a later book I remember Jaime thinking about the night she was conceived. It was the night Aerys burned Ned’s father and choked Brandon- Aerys was particularly rough with his Queen. She had bite marks all over her as if she had been ravaged by an animal

Back to the “child of three”- Could Aerys have been warged that night, to make sure he fathered Dany? That would make her a "child of three". Maybe it was BR because he needed the Prince that was Promised and knew it was Dany. BUT I think it was a 2nd greenseer. There is a general theme of ying and yang in the series. There is always an equal but opposite (Giants/Children of the Forest is a good example). I’m now thinking that this 2nd Bloodraven type is doing what BR has been doing, but for the darkside. That Dany actually isn’t the eventual hero (or one of them), but the eventual villain (or one of them). This would explain “daughter of death” as well.

At the same time she was the youngest of Aerys’ three children, so its possible that’s “child of three”, but I still can't think of another way to explain "daughter of Death".

Please tell me how wrong i am, cause that's some freaky stuff.

Interesting wacky theory. I sincerely doubt if, of course, as you also seem to do, but I sure couldn't rule it out.

If true, then theoretically Dany, as well as Jon, could be both ice and fire, and the song of ice and fire could be a love song for the two of them.

But "daughter of death" could just mean that mom was already dead when she was born.

If true, then theoretically Dany, as well as Jon, could be both ice and fire, and the song of ice and fire could be a love song for the two of them.

But "daughter of death" could just mean that mom was already dead when she was born.

Thats a great add/catch! Still don't think its true, but anything that ties Dany and Jon together works for me.

good alternate explanation of "Daughter of Death" too. I had thought she died as a result of child birth, not during it.

Archived