TitanCon 2012 - Belfast - 22 Sept

Excellent! Hope you can make it! :cheers:

:)

One might think you just can't get enough chocolate and gummy bears. :leer:

Let me know if you do decide to upgrade from supporting to full membership because we still have some of the special offer (to 2011 members) memberships that haven't been taken up so you can upgrade to that price rather than the full price on the website.

Cool! :thumbsup:

I tried to send you a pm but apparently your inbox is full or something. ;)

Yes, I'd like to upgrade my membership to full. :)

I tried to send you a pm but apparently your inbox is full or something. ;)

Yes, I'd like to upgrade my membership to full. :)

I kinda knew you would not resist for long ;)

Thanks for pointing out my inbox is full, I've cleared some space now. But anyway I will send you an email with the upgrade details later today.

I'm going to buy a membership too, waiting for my friend is too much for my impatient self :P

So I did it, but the transaction isn't showing up on my PayPal. I hate PayPal <_< Let me know if I did anything wrong?! xD

The transaction went through without a problem, I sent the membership confirmation yesterday evening.

I'll be arriving Thursday afternoon and will be attending the volunteers (really we volunteered? ;p) meeting on the Thurs night. Like Sam I 'should' be free on the Friday. My friends are arriving Friday evening. I was thinking about going to see the new Titanic exhibition Friday morning. We'll see.

I found a good flight, LMG, Toronto direct to Dublin, then bus to Belfast and back, then Dublin to Frankfurt and to Venice. There does not seem to be a direct flight from Dublin to Venice. The only part that worries me is the bus bit - I hope these buses aren't sold out so that I miss I flight. I will buy my membership as soon as I buy the flights, I just go through the website, right?

I'd be happy to do something for you if you need more bodies, lol, as I stumble around jet lagged!

I kinda knew you would not resist for long ;)

Thanks for pointing out my inbox is full, I've cleared some space now. But anyway I will send you an email with the upgrade details later today.

Well... :leaving: ;)

Thank you very much. :)

There does not seem to be a direct flight from Dublin to Venice. The only part that worries me is the bus bit - I hope these buses aren't sold out so that I miss I flight. I will buy my membership as soon as I buy the flights, I just go through the website, right?

There actually is a direct flight from Dublin to Venice. But they don't operate daily, so i'm not sure will it work for you? Always worth trying skyscanner.com, since aer lingus doesn't show up much on sites like expedia. Or go straight to aerlingus.com. Ryanair also flies to Treviso but i'm not sure of you're thoughts on them. :)

And don't worry about buses. They operate every hour and if they are full, they'll just put you on a second bus. In fact, if they look like they are going to fill 1 bus, they operate 2 buses, 1 direct and the other that stops on the way. So you'll actually get to Belfast faster if they fill the first bus! (I work in Dublin Airport, so happy to answer any other queries).

They also operate overnight, in case you need to get to the airport early. Although, if you have to connect, no decent options from Belfast?

There actually is a direct flight from Dublin to Venice. But they don't operate daily, so i'm not sure will it work for you? Always worth trying skyscanner.com, since aer lingus doesn't show up much on sites like expedia. Or go straight to aerlingus.com. Ryanair also flies to Treviso but i'm not sure of you're thoughts on them. :)

And don't worry about buses. They operate every hour and if they are full, they'll just put you on a second bus. In fact, if they look like they are going to fill 1 bus, they operate 2 buses, 1 direct and the other that stops on the way. So you'll actually get to Belfast faster if they fill the first bus! (I work in Dublin Airport, so happy to answer any other queries).

They also operate overnight, in case you need to get to the airport early. Although, if you have to connect, no decent options from Belfast?

Thanks for the info Padraig! I didn't try running the flights from Belfast, since doing it from Dublin is pretty reasonable. But I'll try again. I'm leaving on Monday, so maybe the Venice flight doesn't go on Monday? There is a connection from Belfast, but if taking the bus down to Dublin means $300 less on the flight (we are par with $US) I'll take the bus, lol. My cruise is bloody expensive. Although if I'm going to spend that much money, what's $300, right? Well, pays for a lot of tourist trickets! :D

There is a connection from Belfast, but if taking the bus down to Dublin means $300 less on the flight (we are par with $US) I'll take the bus, lol.

I'd definitely go with the Dublin option so. :) It really is an easy bus ride. And yes, unfortunately Aer Lingus doesn't fly Mondays. Ryanair does. Have you ever flown Ryanair? They fly to Venice Treviso, which is outside the city proper but it might be worth considering. Its a 06:15 morning flight though, so not sure how that works. Aer Lingus also flies early, Tuesday at 07:20. I'd almost be tempted to stay up late in Belfast, take one of the night buses down (saves having to get a room) and fly off...but...I can imagine there are attractions to flying at a more reasonable hour, even if you do have to connect. :)

Got my membership now!

Thank you member number 100

This is a huge milestone for our convention. Last year it took us till mid August to reach this number so we are extremely happy to have this many confirmed people attending before the end of April.

And we haven't even started selling the coach tour tickets yet. But we'll have some news for you on that within the next month.

Oh cool! I'm number 100.

I'm the ConMember that was Promised. tCMtwP.

Dear, If AAr and TPTWP are one and the same, let's make one thing perfectly clear:

NO SACRIFICES! I'm going through hell. Don't need my fave roomie tryIng to shove a sword trough mY weakened heart! :D

Dear, If AAr and TPTWP are one and the same, let's make one thing perfectly clear:

NO SACRIFICES! I'm going through hell. Don't need my fave roomie tryIng to shove a sword trough mY weakened heart! :D

:lol:

Nah, no need to worry!

TCMTWP does not need to forge a sword, I need to bring aqvavit :D

Archived