"I want to see the bad man fly!" A Tale of the Vale...(End of ASOS)

Manberg900

Dems be spoilers of the end of Book 3 ahead...

I'm sorry but this needed it's own thread. I've been waiting since book 1 to see someone thrown through the Moon Door while still alive. RRM did not disappoint at all!

It was absolutely perfect that LF shoved Lysa's ass out the Door while she was in her bitch fit about Sansa "stealing her man". That crazy woman got what she deserved though I wonder if it was LF's plan to kill her all a long? What do you guys think? Also what did you think of the final scene in general?

The reveal about Lysa killing Jon and LF telling her to write to Cat about the Lannisters was certainly unexpected.

*oh and I promise I won't continue to make threads all willy nilly moving forward. Just excited how ASOS ended is all :)

I just finished asos as well and love it! I'm slighty confused cause I thought that maester Pycelle had poisoned Jon Arryan. I do however worry for Sansa.

I don't think that was confirmed exactly. They way they made it see until the end of ASOS, it was the Lannisters who planned Jon's death. But I guessed that's squashed now, along with Lysa's brains.

It's only from the assumptions of Ned Stark and Tyrion Lannister that Pycelle is implicated. Ned believes the Lannisters were behind his death because of Lysa's letter, and Tyrion just doesn't trust anyone his sister hires.

I found this chapter riveting to read, only because it seemed certain that someone was going to die. When Lysa starts getting more and more hysterical, it was shocking to hear what she had to say about Westeros and the wars. It's obvious to the reader that she's responsible for a lot of death throughout the Seven Kingdoms, though how much of that Sansa's ignorant mind comprehends remains to be seen. Lysa reveals a whole lot, and I'm inclined to believe every bit of it, because it's clear that her love for Baelish has been the driving force behind her loss of sanity. Throughout the scene, my mind flashed back to Catelyn's POV chapters (the Tyrion trial, the moments they were kids, her father's ramblings about Tansy), and it all started to connect together ever so nicely. That she would reveal it to Sansa after many months of not saying anything to anyone, I believe her intent was to send Sansa down the moon door. I was scared for Sansa throughout the scene, but I'm even more scared for her now.

I immediately assumed that Baelish planned the scene from the start, kissing Sansa passionately to rile Lysa's wrath. I feel like everything LF does is part of an intricate web of deception and lies. That he's caused so much pain and suffering to so many people across Westeros (with a smile on his face no less) makes it clear to me that is he is the most evil person in the books so far. I'm not even sure if he's doing it for anything but vengeance or spite either, and that just makes it worse. Hopefully Sansa will see him for what he is soon, because her blindness to the Game of Thrones is horribly sad at times.

It's only from the assumptions of Ned Stark and Tyrion Lannister that Pycelle is implicated. Ned believes the Lannisters were behind his death because of Lysa's letter, and Tyrion just doesn't trust anyone his sister hires.

I found this chapter riveting to read, only because it seemed certain that someone was going to die. When Lysa starts getting more and more hysterical, it was shocking to hear what she had to say about Westeros and the wars. It's obvious to the reader that she's responsible for a lot of death throughout the Seven Kingdoms, though how much of that Sansa's ignorant mind comprehends remains to be seen. Lysa reveals a whole lot, and I'm inclined to believe every bit of it, because it's clear that her love for Baelish has been the driving force behind her loss of sanity. Throughout the scene, my mind flashed back to Catelyn's POV chapters (the Tyrion trial, the moments they were kids, her father's ramblings about Tansy), and it all started to connect together ever so nicely. That she would reveal it to Sansa after many months of not saying anything to anyone, I believe her intent was to send Sansa down the moon door. I was scared for Sansa throughout the scene, but I'm even more scared for her now.

I immediately assumed that Baelish planned the scene from the start, kissing Sansa passionately to rile Lysa's wrath. I feel like everything LF does is part of an intricate web of deception and lies. That he's caused so much pain and suffering to so many people across Westeros (with a smile on his face no less) makes it clear to me that is he is the most evil person in the books so far. I'm not even sure if he's doing it for anything but vengeance or spite either, and that just makes it worse. Hopefully Sansa will see him for what he is soon, because her blindness to the Game of Thrones is horribly sad at times.

Well said. I agree with everything. I think it was LF's plan to create a situation in which he could kill Lysa. I don't think he planned on her revealing everything as she did. However, I don't believe Sansa even understood what was being said. Hopefully she does otherwise she will continue to be woefully stupid. I'm sure LF has further plans for Sansa though.

I disagree with that. If LF wanted to get rid of Lysa at this point, he could've done much more easily in another way. Plus she was still an useful pawn for him. But he's human and capable of mistakes, one of which was letting Lysa see him kiss Sansa. After that Lysa became too unstable and started blabbing the dangerous secrets she knew, so he had to improvise and killed her ASAP.

Yep she was a nut, but like a lot of the other characters in the book who get a lot of hate (Viserys, Joffrey and Cersei come to mind), I can't help but think she was a victim of circumstance, birth and upbringing than being purely evil/mad. Only Tywin, Littlefiner and perhaps Varys are truly worthy of my contempt, and who knows how long the latter two will be included in that list (yet to work out the endgame of either one of them).

Great chapter. You just knew that little muppet Robert was going to turn up and ruin her castle lol.

Yep she was a nut, but like a lot of the other characters in the book who get a lot of hate (Viserys, Joffrey and Cersei come to mind), I can't help but think she was a victim of circumstance, birth and upbringing than being purely evil/mad. Only Tywin, Littlefiner and perhaps Varys are truly worthy of my contempt, and who knows how long the latter two will be included in that list (yet to work out the endgame of either one of them).

Great chapter. You just knew that little muppet Robert was going to turn up and ruin her castle lol.

I disagree. You could say that everyone is a victim of circumstance. Lysa was willing to do evil things for a long time. You could see that in how she talks about how she took Littlefinger to her bed to spite Cat. She's always been a spiteful vindictive person.

Yep, Lysa is a bad apple with a side of fruit loops. Littlefinger kissed Sansa with the full intent of getting Lysa out onto the sky cells (i think thats what they are called). LF doesnt do something (like kiss Sansa in broad daylight outside his wife's window) without the intent of Lysa seeing the act with her very own eyes.

I also think LF planed it all from the start as to first marry Lysa and gain contol over the Vale and than soon after dispose of her. And what better way to do that as to make use of the fact that Lysa has been madly in love with Petyr for most of her life and letting her think someone is stealing him away after they're finaly together to get her in some kind of blind rage. Than soothing her and at the and push her out with the words that he never even loved her but only her sister (sounds pretty cruel to me) and getting away with it by blaming the singer who everybody hates.

LF is a verry slippery character if you ask me you don't expect him of anything but he's in fact behind almost everything, and he's prepared to do whatever it takes to achieve something.

It's really intriguing

Agreed. Littlefinger is sly, and the kiss was done on purpose. He intended to kill Lysa, her spilling the secrets might not have been plan of it though, but he was going to kill her. He was sent to the Vale to take it for the Lannisters. It's funny how he tells Sansa to call the guards because the singer killed his lady wife.

I loved this scene (just finished it last night) and my thought was also that LF had the whole thing planned right from the start. Makes you wonder just how far in advance he has things planned.

I also wonder what will happen to Robert. He'll probably starve...

My first thought when Lysa spilled about Arryn was "Wow, Petyr... nicely done that." He continues to surprise me with just how far his plans reach. As for the mentions of being scared for Sansa... I am hopefull for her. With any luck she might be at the right place in the right time to finelly reach her full potential. Even if it takes (feel free to eat me out) using the advice Cersei gave her some time ago... you know which one. ;)

Yeah I have to say as much as I am not a fan of Cat, I think the blame for the whole war should land right at Lysa's door for trying to pin Jon Arryn's murder on Cersei and setting all this crazy shit in motion. If not for that, Ned might have convinced Catelyn to let him stay at Winterfell.

This was one of my favorite moments out of all five books. I could not STAND that woman, I was thrilled to see her fly. What a nut.

...and now here's something I can wholeheartedly agree with. :D

While I was reading I hoped Sansa would somehow push her, but then Petyr came along and that's when I thought. "Nice. Even better." Because Baelish can certainly deal with the guilt (or lack thereof), while Sansa would have spent the rest of the story feeling sorry for what she did.

I'm not sure about Baelish being pure evil, though. He's certainly a player and I have no idea what's his game exactly, but evil? Naaah. ;)

...and now here's something I can wholeheartedly agree with. :D

While I was reading I hoped Sansa would somehow push her, but then Petyr came along and that's when I thought. "Nice. Even better." Because Baelish can certainly deal with the guilt (or lack thereof), while Sansa would have spent the rest of the story feeling sorry for what she did.

I'm not sure about Baelish being pure evil, though. He's certainly a player and I have no idea what's his game exactly, but evil? Naaah. ;)

He most certainly is evil. He hasn't done a bit a good since his character was introduced. Everything is a game to him. He lost his humanity when he lost Cat. I will always consider him evil especially after how he ran away when Ned was attacked by Jaime.

He most certainly is evil. He hasn't done a bit a good since his character was introduced. Everything is a game to him. He lost his humanity when he lost Cat. I will always consider him evil especially after how he ran away when Ned was attacked by Jaime.

LF has done a lot of evil things, but I don't see this as one of them. It's not like he'd have made any difference against 30 men, much better to go get the City Watch to help.

Archived