Time Span

ckal

Yeah I actually did some reading in regards to the orginally planned time jump after AGOT (think it was actually on this website).

Sounds like GRRM wasn't satisfied that the 5 year gap would just be covered in a prologue in the 4th book, as he believed too much would happen to be given such little attention.

Then there's the whole fiasco that ADWD (the originally planned 4th book) would deal with certain events that have now seemingly been pushed back and that book was split into the first part AFFC and the second being ADWD.

I am a servant of Rh´llor and i just saw in the flames that George RR Martin will ultimately plan for a 10 book series to complete the Song of ice and Fire, but will unfortunately die before publishing the last one, leaving us with no ending other that the notes that will be published years later via his publishers and will lead to a number of writers try to publish that last book and fail dramatically.

You will then finally realize to your sorrow, that life is not a song, not a song at all.

It is known.

That was deep bro.

It was stated in the same thing I read that GRRM has said he would not allow anyone else to finish his series if he died. He's also in his sixties with at least two more books to go and he's pretty overweight, although he seems lively and in good health. Let's hope the man lives for a long time.

Archived