Brans weirwood visions

shmoove

Where is Apple Martini when you need her? She could probably help. :rofl:

It's one of the She-Wolves of Winterfell, I think. The five Lady Starks who were all widowed in quick succession and had to band together to rule Winterfell until the next Lord Stark came of age. I'm about 80% sure that the newest Dowager Lady Stark was preggers when her husband died in an ironborn attack.

It's one of the She-Wolves of Winterfell, I think. The five Lady Starks who were all widowed in quick succession and had to band together to rule Winterfell until the in the next Lord Stark came of age. I'm about 80% sure that the newest Dowager Lady Stark was preggers when her husband died in an ironborn attack.

Aha, that makes sense, I definitely need a re read, there's too many things I cannot recall :leaving:

Where is Apple Martini when you need her? She could probably help. :rofl:

Indeed! :D

Aha, that makes sense, I definitely need a re read, there's too many things I cannot recall :leaving:

I don't think it's been mentioned in the books yet. It's an SSM ... somewhere. But it's the basis for the next D&E story. Dunk and Egg go to Winterfell and meet up with the She-Wolves.

@AppleMartini

Ah, I'm stupid. You gave a perfectly good explanation just before Val's post, and here I go and make you write it all again. Bad me XD

Thank you for clearing that up anyway.

I think I might need glasses...

About that pale youth cutting weirwood branches:

I think the Bloodraven theory is plausible, but

• why would he be in Winterfell, as a youngish boy?
  • wouldn't that put this vision too close to the Dunk/Nan(or whoever) one?

And did I just dream that up somehow, or was there a story somewhere about an archer killing a dragon with weirwood arrows through the eye? That could fit, maybe.

His younger father praying with a bowed head "…let them grow up close as brothers, with only love between them,” he prayed, “and let my lady wife find it in her heart to forgive."

A reference to Robb and Jon not being brothers --> another hint for R+L=J ? maybe.

A girl and a younger boy play fighting with branches;

Lyanna and Benjen practicing swordfigting

A pregnant women coming out of the black pool praying for a son to avenge her;

Either Ned's mother or grandmother praying for a healthy son, not sure about the avenging part, but we really know nothing about Ned's mother

A slender girl on her toes kissing a knight as tall as Hodor

Possibly Ser Duncan the Tall (the next D&E story will be in Winterfell, right?) kissing a young Old Nan

A pale dark eyed youth cutting three branches from the weirwood and shaping them into arrows -

no idea. Wasn't there a guy who killed a dragon with a weirwood arrow through the eye? maybe somebody can give a quote?

Tall, hard, stern men with beards in fur and chain mail forcing a captive down on his knees. A white haired woman killing the captive with a bronze sickle.

proof that the Northerners practiced blood sacrifice in the past. I also think this will come to play in the next book...

Overall I think we can agree that the visions travel back in time, as the weirwood tree gets smaller and smaller

The first I clearly agree with, Ned asking for Jon to be accepted.

Second is also pretty good, unsure who else it would be possibly Ned and Lyanna

Duncan the Tall is the tall knight, woman could be anyone

Unsure about pregnant lady

The youth carving arrows from weirwood was probably Bloodraven

4. Old Nan and Dunk. Rawr.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't think the man with the dark eyes is Bloodraven, besides the red eye BR has a red region (can't remember the proper word in English :bang: ) in his neck.

And Egg has purple eyes.

I think that, like the pregnant women, is someone that we didn't read about yet. (But probably will).

ADD:

Lady of Oldcastle, what is the event that you mention on your signature?

I don't think it's been mentioned in the books yet. It's an SSM ... somewhere. But it's the basis for the next D&E story. Dunk and Egg go to Winterfell and meet up with the She-Wolves.

Oh thanks, I haven't read the D&E stories yet, but I see i need to do it asap!

ADD:

Lady of Oldcastle, what is the event that you mention on your signature?

That was a reply to some post...but I can't for the life of me remember where exactly it was or in which context...it's basically my go-to line now when I don't agree with something^^

probably something about a Jon/ Dany hookup :P

It seems to be Bloodraven....hmmm

Does it? I guess it could be, but when would Bloodraven have been at Winterfell in his youth? And I think the red eyes would've been mentioned before the word "dark," but maybe not. It at least fits the reverse-chronology if it is Bloodraven, so there's that.

ok I agree that the first one can have two meanings but if R+L=J is true, why Ned wants Cat to forgive him??

What does Ned want forgieness from Cat for?

For lying to her all those years, for a start. For making her suffer so much in thinking that he betrayed her with another woman shortly after their wedding, for forcing her to endure Jon's presence, the - in her eyes - living proof of his infidelity.

That's quite something to seek forgiveness for.

I don't think the dark-eyed youth is Bloodraven, because Bran would've seen red eyes instead of dark eyes. Most likely a character we haven't heard from.

The tall, hard men in fur and chainmail are probably previous Stark kings and lords. The Kings in the North probably had coronation ceremonies before the weirwood.

As for the captive, like Apple Martini noted, the bronze sickle indicates that this was before the Andal invasion. The First Men faith is based on the early Celtic faith,the Celts practiced some forms of human sacrifice, and sometimes they sacrificed captives in groves of trees they considered sacred. Human sacrifice was also a way of girding for winter by reducing the number of mouths to feed.

Archived