Dany, Jon & Tyrion : Connected Since Birth?

GregorBlackfinger

I found it also quite stupid to assume that Dany's dragons would be mounted by some other rider than Dany only.

I know that former Targ dragons had allowed only one rider, and only one mount per rider. But is there any other known examples in (Westerosi/all the known world) history of someone who has actually hatched dragons, and BREASTFEEDED them?

To assume that some of Dany's dragons wouldn't allow her to ride, but instead would allow some bloody dwarf or whoever other person to do that is in my opinion just silly. They're after all her children.

I also believe that the three dragons led by just one rider is a weapon deadly enough (if they are in control). Do the other dragons really need riders?

I found it also quite stupid to assume that Dany's dragons would be mounted by some other rider than Dany only.

I know that former Targ dragons had allowed only one rider, and only one mount per rider. But is there any other known examples in (Westerosi/all the known world) history of someone who has actually hatched dragons, and BREASTFEEDED them?

To assume that some of Dany's dragons wouldn't allow her to ride, but instead would allow some bloody dwarf or whoever other person to do that is in my opinion just silly. They're after all her children.

I also believe that the three dragons led by just one rider is a weapon deadly enough (if they are in control). Do the other dragons really need riders?

Dragon envy, much?

And jon snow isnt to much like ned?

They emulate these men because they were outcasts with the most to prove

Itd be a nice parallel

Tyrion being Tywin's son holds a lot of meaning to their relationship. It would be cheap and watered down if after all that the one kid who had potential but was abused isn't even Tywin's trueborn son.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this would be a "Tyrion is a secret Targ" thread, I'm impressed. This is a definite weird connection, and the three of them possess intelligence and each have shown decent leadership skills. This would be a pretty awesome twist.

regardless of their parents this is a pretty strong theme...I think its pretty much established that these three are THE MAIN characters...and all pretty much on equal ground (I wouldnt say any 1 of them stand out as a little more important/central to the story than the other 2)

There is a strong list of important tier 2 (or tier 1a) characters...jaime cersei arya bran theon sansa davos...but I think its pretty clear, that while very significant, they are all a step below "the big three"...GRRM said most of the characters will come together sooner than later, so I think its inevitable those three will cross paths sooner than later (tyrion and dany look like they are about too, you can say tyrion/jon already did but that was pretty insignificant)

It is simple - The third rider is not Tyrion. That is just a distraction. What if when Jon was born he was a twin and there is another hidden Targ out there. Say Jon has a twin ......oh, sister. Such as say Meera Reed - That would allow for no Faegon and no Tyrion - It would also replicate the conquest of Aegon 1. Him and his two sisters. Not that it is the exact same scenario but it does provide two women and one man to ride like the original invasion.

Didn't Ermesande Hayford mom died in childbirth too? And Beth Cassel, Mance's kid also lost their mothers in childbirth(i think). Also, only the Lannisters of the Rock actually have golden hair. Most of the Lannisters of Lannisport have the more common variety of pale blond.

Wouldnt Tyrion need a special saddle to ride? Do dragons even take saddles? Fireproof saddles?

• 3 weeks later...

I happen to think you could very well be on to something there, though I think it likely the majority here will strongly disagree, having invested themselves into so much speculation on the matter of who has the strong Targ blood and is therefore pre-ordained to ride a dragon. Some or all of those speculations on Targ blood may well be proven right, but the assumption that having Targ blood will automatically make a character into a dragon rider seems an unproven predicate, dubious at best. We could see that as two entirely seperate issues, rather than the one necessarily following from the other. The dragon (singular) has three heads. The singular Dany, born amidst salt and smoke, is the series only absolutely undisputed dragon-blood surviving and the overwhelmingly likely fulfiller of the PwwP prophecy, and, just as you point out, the historically unprecendented (As far as we know) mother of three dragons. The prophecy requires no other dragon riders in this interpretation. Thus far, she alone has demonstrated any possibility whatsoever of dragon riding, even if it's not a position of control as yet. It's quite difficult to see anyone else either taking that risk or succeeding even if they do. The unfortunate Quentyn Martell seems likely to have had at least some drops of Targ blood given the historical house intermarriage (Prince Maron Martell and the earlier Daenerys T, she who had the Water Gardens built for those children of hers, raised in Dorne ~ 4 or 5 generations before) and it did not save him. If you were going to pick one of the three dragons to ride, and have hopes of directing the actions of the other two in the future, Drogon would be the obvious choice, with whom of course we find Dany. The Valyrian dragon binder horn, believed (by Euron) to be capable of binding more than one dragon could also play a role in allowing her alone to control all three. This very artefact is approaching Meereen in the hands of Victarion, just when it may be needed. It is also accompanied by Moqorro, dispatched from Volantis, we may surmise, by Benerro, a Daenerys supporter, who seems as qualified as any in the present to be the blower of it, but here of course I'm straying even further into speculation.

I don't think the heads are associated with riders, that is a red herring, the heads are 3 people but not riders.

That would actually be a form of partial agreement with what I was saying, rather than a red herring identification, for it should have been reasonably clear that I also do not believe the heads are associated with riders, .

However, nor are the three heads people, at least according to this interpretation. The three heads would be the literal three dragons.

That would actually be a form of partial agreement with what I was saying, rather than a red herring identification, for it should have been reasonably clear that I also do not believe the heads are associated with riders, .

However, nor are the three heads people, at least according to this interpretation. The three heads would be the literal three dragons.

Thats actually a good theory to look into.

Thats actually a good theory to look into.

Thanks for your open-mindedness. I do realise interpreting the three heads of 'The dragon has three heads' as the three dragons themselves and looking no further at who is a Targaryen and who isn't is (over?)simplifying, and impinges somewhat on various treasured theories (Though not, I would point out, necessarily contradicting all - it doesnt, for instance, contradict L + R = J, or even L + A = J - it's just that it doesnt care about any of that for the purposes of interpreting that line).

However, I dont know off the top of my head of any book quotes which absolutely contradict this more literal interpretation. Can anyone say, is there something in the books that definitively says either of the following:

(a) The 'three heads' absolutely have to refer to three Targaryen-blooded persons, rather than simply the dragons themselves?

(B) Its absolutely impossible that Dany could single-handedly control all three dragons in future battle scenarios, though she may only ride one?

If so, I'd of course happily admit to this alternative theory being dismissed.

However, I dont know off the top of my head of any book quotes which absolutely contradict this more literal interpretation. Can anyone say, is there something in the books that definitively says either of the following:

(a) The 'three heads' absolutely have to refer to three Targaryen-blooded persons, rather than simply the dragons themselves?

(B) Its absolutely impossible that Dany could single-handedly control all three dragons in future battle scenarios, though she may only ride one?

If so, I'd of course happily admit to this alternative theory being dismissed.

A. No more than that the persons of noble houses are often referred to by their house sigils. A dragon, if said about human, means Targaryen to all Westerosi. Likewise a wolf means Stark, and a lion is Lannister.

B. Nowhere is it stated it's impossible. At least that I can think of.

Edit: Instead of just the nobles, also their soldiers can sometimes be called by the sigil.

• 5 months later...

While they will all meet up eventually, I don't think Jon will be the first Stark Dany meets.

Maybe Arya incognito? I agree with the theories that Arya is going to be ordered to take out Daenerys, which might be a catalyst for Dany's meeting with the rest of the Starks.

I find really fascinating this teory, about Jon, Tyrion and Dany being the three heads of the dragon.... I like it, and i think it makes sense... There is always talk about the foreshadowing in the series and i just cant stop thinking about Tyrion's fascination with dragons since his fist chapters in the first book, there was a lot of how he dreamed of riding a dragon, of how tall he would be, of how he would look down on everyone else.... And there is also the thing of his big shadow, the way Jon sees it when they first meet, and the way Varys tells him he is a small man with a large shadow...

Besides, i have learned that GRRM doesnt do ANYTHING or make their characters think or say anything without a very specific purpose that is discovered a lot later... So, i find it quite curious that Tyrion travelled to the Wall wbd mee Jon and created an honest relationship with Jon, and now he is really close to where Dany is... So... I think that if somehow Tyrion andn Dany meet, the experience of him in the wall, the things he heard (and didnt believe, but could start believing when he sees the dragons) and his friendship with Jon, may open a way for Dany at least hearing about Jon.... And if news arrive to th e slavers bay about the Others, (which is possible there are ships that come and go from Eastwatch) thats where she could go next...

However I dont see Dany moving until someone else makes her move... I think that will be Jon, you see.... He is almost killed right now, but i think Melisandre will save him... News of his attack will reach the Neck and make Howland Reed go North and reveal that Jon is Lyanna and Rhaegar's son...after this, he will have to move... First because there is not one single place in Westeros where he could be, being "bastard" and a deserter, the only possible place where he could go is ESSOS, looking for the only Targaryen the world still know is alive, and running into Tyrion, Dany and hopefully Arya, considering that Braavos is close to Eastwatch... And after that, they could all return to Westeros and start fullfilling what George said in an interview that his novels were those wherethe characters start together, then go on their own ways separately and then, end together again....

• 3 months later...

There are plenty of theories going around that the other two people to fly Dany's dragons are going to be Jon & Tyrion. For a while, I didn't believe it. Just picturing them flying around together on dragonback didn't sit well with me. But now, after a few rereads, I think i've come up with a new theory.

Now, I've lurked on these boards for over a year, and just recently decided to make an account, so Im sorry if this has been brough up, but I havent seen it before..

Here goes nothing...

Jon, Tyrion, and Daenerys all "killed" their mothers during their birth. Could this have something to do with the sacrifices needed for blood magic?

Now, before anyone goes all crazy at what I just said, let me clarify.

NO. I don't believe that Tywin, Lyanna(if the theory is true), or Daenerys mother purposely performed blood magic to ensure they have a child. But could it be that they are all somehow connected because of the fact that their mothers died birthing them?

Maybe this will be the link that makes them the 3 heads of Daenerys' dragons?

Maybe a bit out there for a theory, but I tried! Comments appreciated.

Well in the show Tyrion did remark that as a child he wanted a dragon for his name day, don't know about Jon tho seeing as he is a warg and already has ghost which is already bad ass. Daenerys who does own them doesn't really seem able to control them. So maybe for Tyrion, maybe not for Jon, and probably for Daenerys.

• 1 month later...

Tyrion and Dany are both kinslayers,

Tyrion kills Tywin

Dany kills Viserys

Jon has not killed any kin... yet?

Dany didn't kill Viserys though. She didn't help him when Drogo was about to kill him, nor warn him what was about to happen, but it was too far gone by then anyway - and if Viserys had been paying attention to the Dothraki customs even a little, he'd have known not to have drawn his sword in Vaes Dothrak.

I actually sympathise - or at least empathise - with Viserys, and think he's a rather tragic character. But I don't place any blame on Daenerys for his death/

Archived