R+L=J v.20

Angalin

I read in the books he is alive. Varys tells a dying kevan he is alive. He looks like a targaryen talks like a targaryen(" your father's lands are beautiful" like father like son). I dont think he is the fake dragon and what is stated in the books really happened. The evidence to prove otherwise is not sufficient. I'm fine with getting back on R+L topic but this is where it ended up so as long as I'm getting posts debating what I think I will respond. Next book aegon may suffer severe burns from a fire and I will be wrong but nothing in the books has given me reason to think he is not who he is.

He says that (an) Aegon is alive. If I say that Timmy is alive and Dragonfish says that Timmy is alive, we both agree that Timmy is alive, but does that mean we're talking about the same Timmy? Tell me where, in Kevan's epilogue, Varys positively identifies Aegon as Rhaegar and Elia's son Aegon. He does not.

Go look at my "Outright Lies vs. Subtle Truths" thread. Martin has a habit of speaking lies outright -- Wylla is Jon's mother, Davos Seaworth died at White Harbor -- while funneling us truths using clues and thematic symmetry and symbolism. If you take "Aegon is alive" at face value, you're feeding into Martin's strategy. "Aegon is fake" is never definitely confirmed outright, but nevertheless is left hanging in the open for people to figure out on their own.

Finally ...

Targaryens are !!!NOT!!! immune to fire.

He specifically says AN Aegon is alive. I should've explained further. If one of his aunt danearys dragons burns him I will believe him fake. No need to go all red font on me.

Even that doesn't prove he's fake or real.

The main theory is that he's a Blackfyre. Blackfyres are just as "pure" in terms of Valyrian (read: dragon) blood as the Targaryens and possibly more so. And Targaryens aren't immune to dragon fire anymore than they are to real fire (Rhaenyra Targaryen and the Targs who died in the Dance of the Dragons send their regards). So him being roasted by a dragon doesn't mean he's fake, and a dragon taking to him doesn't mean he's real.

But dragons are not hostile towards them right? This is what I meant. That if they have dragons blood the dragons will know.

Did it help Quentyn? Dany's blood "dominance" over him is ... one incestous marriage, her parents'. That's it.

My point is, if this is even true, if Aegon is a Blackfyre, he still has dragon's blood. Maybe even more than Dany. But that doesn't make him Rhaegar and Elia's Aegon.

Did it help Quentyn? Dany's blood "dominance" over him is ... one incestous marriage, her parents'. That's it.

My point is, if this is even true, if Aegon is a Blackfyre, he still has dragon's blood. Maybe even more than Dany. But that doesn't make him Rhaegar and Elia's Aegon.

Gotcha. Then I guess even if that happens I'll still know he's real.

Gotcha. Then I guess even if that happens I'll still know he's real.

But you ... won't know he's real. That's my point. Aegon can be a Blackfyre -- read: NOT the real Aegon, Rhaegar and Elia's Aegon -- and STILL have "dragon's blood." If the dragon's blood thing is even true, that still won't prove that he's Rhaegar and Elia's Aegon.

If I'm ever on trial for something I didn't do I hope you're not on my jury. He's rhaegar and lyannas son. I've been racking my brain about how, if ever this will come to fruition in the books. And what impact it would even have among the characters in the book.

Well, I for one am anxiously waiting for Howland Reed to show up and explain what happened at the Tower of Joy. And if he never shows up, I'm buying a ticket to New Mexico to personally give someone a piece of my mind. :devil:

If I'm ever on trial for something I didn't do I hope you're not on my jury. He's rhaegar and lyannas son.

The equivalent of this would be, you get on the stand and say you're innocent and are shocked when I'm skeptical. Do you think I haven't weighed the evidence for Aegon being fake, or that I have none?

You seem to be waiting for Martin to have someone in the story tell you that Aegon is fake. It's not going to be that easy.

Well, I for one am anxiously waiting for Howland Reed to show up and explain what happened at the Tower of Joy. And if he never shows up, I'm buying a ticket to New Mexico to personally give someone a piece of my mind. :devil:

I also am hopelessly waitin on howland reed. His childrens prescence leaves me optimistic for his arrival. Possibly if they encounter some kind of danger in an attempt to return home or if they end up in Stannis's custody somehow. And of course he'll probably just give a cryptic version of events that will lead to another debate about what his words meant.

The equivalent of this would be, you get on the stand and say you're innocent and are shocked when I'm skeptical. Do you think I haven't weighed the evidence for Aegon being fake, or that I have none?

You seem to be waiting for Martin to have someone in the story tell you that Aegon is fake. It's not going to be that easy.

Im not waiting for anything just readin the books and believe he's real. I'm always looking for hints and little clues to open the next mystery or suspicion about any and all characters. We see it differently. What is your opinion on TPTWP? Jon? Danearys?

Im not waiting for anything just readin the books and believe he's real. I'm always looking for hints and little clues to open the next mystery or suspicion about any and all characters. We see it differently. What is your opinion on TPTWP? Jon? Danearys?

Jon. Dany's the neon-sign red herring.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the reason being for the Blackfyres to be actually more pure in Valyrian blood and truly inbreeding is to increase their control over the dragons, (I assume they are trying to hatch dragons as well), and become stronger than the trueborn Targaryen side, (who actually do not inbreed as much as people believe), because they feel they have the better claim to the throne via Aegon the Unworthys actions?

And, if that is the reason, then this does actually pit Dany, (trueborn) over Aegon, (Blackfyre descended from the Great Bastard line).

Then Jon probably comes in at some point, but does he focus on the Others, or get drawn into this civil war, not knowing who he is?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the reason being for the Blackfyres to be actually more pure in Valyrian blood and truly inbreeding is to increase their control over the dragons, (I assume they are trying to hatch dragons as well), and become stronger than the trueborn Targaryen side, (who actually do not inbreed as much as people believe), because they feel they have the better claim to the throne via Aegon the Unworthys actions?

This I actually don't know. I just suggest that the so-called Targ blood purity is pretty diluted now and, depending on how the Blackfyres have married, they could very well have more "Valyrian" blood (Daemon actually had "more" of it than Daeron). Whether this actually matters (e.g. dragon-taming), I can't say.

Archived