Anyone else angry about Janos Slynt? *Spoilers about the Wall*

TheDrawback

<p>Is it just me or did anyone else get pissed about the fact that toad Lord Slynt showed up at the Wall just at the moment Jon was holding it against the wildlings and took over?

I know i did and when they treated him like some criminal after Stannis came it really made my blood boil but i still dont know what happend to him after the battle and the voting (did i miss something?)

No, it's definitely not just you... I also hated it that he had to come to the Wall just then. I hated the fact that he still lives. There are a lot of bad guys in the series, that we might even love to hate, but that rat is just plain anoying.

Btw, as I understood, nothing happened to him after the voting, he is now just one of the black brothers (especially now without protection from Tywin )

I thought it was strange how anyone, even Alliser, would have any respect for Janos Slynt while the man has just arrived at the wall and knows nothing about the Night Watch and his new brothers.

I guess that it because he had support from the Iron Throne, and he was the leader of the City Watch in Kings Landing.

Oooooo it was that guy. Now I remember why I didn't like him.

That's one of the things I keep thinking when they threaten to punish people by sending them to the wall. The wall is going to be a nice collection of the scum of Westeros and a couple of hopeless romantic idealists. Bad combo, IMO, and I was rather surprised to see that it took them so long to just overthrow the command and form a band of outlaws ruling the wall.

Yeah, I guess I missed something in that scene, but why would they have any kind of authority on the wall? Why doesn't Jon just treat them like ordinary freshmen?

I thought it was strange how anyone, even Alliser, would have any respect for Janos Slynt while the man has just arrived at the wall and knows nothing about the Night Watch and his new brothers.

I doubt Thorne respected him. He just simply used him.

Why doesn't Jon just treat them like ordinary freshmen?

Well, there was no LC or First ranger available, even Bowen Marsh was away. In these cases a senior Lord or knight is in charge, I guess. Slynt is Lord os Harrenthal, and Ser Alliser is a knight and a senior officer of the NW. At least he has authority.

Okay, so english is not my native language, therefore I frequently consult http://www.urbandictionary.com/

Today I learned the difference between:

douchebag

Someone who has surpassed the levels of jerk and asshole, however not yet reached fucker or motherfucker. Not to be confused with douche.

...and:

douche

a word to describe an individual who has shown themself to be very brainless in one way or another, thus comparing them to the cleansing product for vaginas.

Okay.

I therefore declare my vote for the title of "#1 douche in Westeros" to fall on Theon Greyjoy, while my vote for the "#1 douchebag in Westeros" remains with Ser Gregor Clegane.

How I love to be constantly adding to my wisdom and understanding of the world by discussing literature!

Ygritte: english isn't my native language either - so thank you, for clearing that up. As for No. 1 douche in Westeros in the first three books - it's a tie in for me between Theon and Slynt. About the honourable title of douchebag No. 1 I agree with you - that's The Mountain That Rides for me too

• 1 month later...

No, it's definitely not just you... I also hated it that he had to come to the Wall just then. I hated the fact that he still lives. There are a lot of bad guys in the series, that we might even love to hate, but that rat is just plain anoying.

Exactly, I think he is just one of those extremely annoying characters that gets thrown in the annoy the arse off everyone and Tyrion (a la HBO style) got rid off him since he couldn't be bothered with the rat.

Archived