Anyone else angry about Janos Slynt? *Spoilers about the Wall*

TheDrawback

• 5 weeks later...
I thought it was strange how anyone, even Alliser, would have any respect for Janos Slynt while the man has just arrived at the wall and knows nothing about the Night Watch and his new brothers.

It's definitely not that Alliser or anyone has any respect for Slynt. It's that Thorne realized he could try to seize the opportunity by using Slynt to gain more power and input in the NW.

The Mountain is far too much of a MF to even be in the realm of douchebag anymore. So is Walder Frey.

Theon or Slynt or Thorne are pretty good examples of douchebags/douches I'd say.

• 1 month later...

I was so pissed when Janos and Alliser had that audacity to call Jon turncloak and bring him strife while he was in the midst of a battle..alliser that dude needs to get a whoopin...he's a jerk...as for #1 douche I do have to give it to Theon...pathetic douche..I had liked him in the show..not so much the books..

Ramsay is in an entirely different league. As the others said, more evil than douche/douchebag. Now Janos, I would argue, would be similar to how Jon first reacted when he was new to the Watch, but magnify it 1,000 times. It comes with doing fairly well in life before joining the Watch. Feel free to disprove me, though. I haven't reached that part of the book yet and just making inferences based on what I've read on this thread.

Janos Slynt is a glorified Mall Cop with a little authority and zero bravery. I guarantee if he was sent ranging, he would desert with in a night. He is a bully who fights with his words and lets others take the brunt. He barks with the threat of Tywins bite, with out this he will cower. Or else I could see him deciding to declare himself king, and attempt to steal all those who support Jon.

Joffrey is a sadistic craven with way to much power, and zero inteligence. He is cruel person, with no goodness, or honor. I believe he is the only character who has zero redeeming factors, and no is the only character that is 100 percent bad.

Theon is a douche, but he was stuck between a rock and a hard place. He was desparate to prove his Iron blood to his douche of a father, but he just kept digging his hole deeper. I feel sorrier for him than any other character. I think he only wanted to help Robb's cause, but he couldn't disobey his father.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Did I miss something with Janos. I can't understand how, after the battle, Janos arrived at the wall and appointed himself temporary commander? How would that even come to pass?

Actually, doesn'e he arrive before the battle, orders Jon to go talk to Mance and, while Jon talks to Mance, Stannis arrives with his army, defeats the wildlings, and takes over? And then Samwell arrives.

This is my recollection.

I agree that Janos is a douchebag, as oppose to pure evil like Ramsay, Gregor, Joffrey etc. I guess we can differentiate between the douches (I like the word 'punk' used by Christopher) and seriously evil dudes. For me, douches (or douchebags) are people like Janos, Alliser, the Tickler, Ilyn Payne, Cersei, Littlefinger, the Lord o'Bones, Walder Frey and some other Freys, ...), whereas seriously evil people are the Mountain, Ramsay, Joffrey

Archived