Anyone else angry about Janos Slynt? *Spoilers about the Wall*

TheDrawback

'Actually, doesn'e he arrive before the battle, orders Jon to go talk to Mance and, while Jon talks to Mance, Stannis arrives with his army, defeats the wildlings, and takes over? And then Samwell arrives."

I meant after the battle where Jon was in control of the wall, not the one shortly after where Stannis defeats the Wildings. When Jon is fighting the wildlings (on the wall) he comes down for a rest and is kicked awake by Thorne and Slynt. Where was Janos when Jon was in control of the wall, and why did he become temporary commander??

I think Slynt and Thorne just arrived at Castle Black to find it mostly empty, ruined and deserted, and most of the brothers were up on the wall. So that made it no challenge for Slynt and Thorne to just assert themselves in positions of power and take command. Thorne does have some seniority since he is a knight and a long-time member of NW, but Slynt is just a snivering shit...

...kinda reminds me of Robert Arryn.

^^^^^ I think Slynts role here is just to provide some additional antagonism for Jon. He can't have ALL friends within the nights watch, as Lord Commander there will have to be a regular internal threat or it will seem too much like a gimme. My opinion anyways.

Archived